main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Candles Against the Sea (JA Qui/Obi Drama) *COMPLETED* replies 8/15 Thanks to my readers!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by maychorian, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Awwwwww....Such sweet and wonderful mush.
    *Hugs maychlorian*

2. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    One of my favorite parts of that post was when they were discussing that Qui-Gon would someday die. It sounds kind of morbid, but somehow that part just made me appreciate their relationship even more. Oh... Nibbi. [face_love] Everytime he speaks it just melts my heart. I want to adopt him! Amazing, maychorian. Absolutely amazing!

3. Artanis

Artanis Jedi Master star 2

May 10, 2005
    Awww...I loved it - every bit of it. You write Nibbi so well! He's sweet and adorable and totally believable.

Great job! :)

4. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Awwww those last two posts were absolutly beautiful! I'm going to flood my keyboard!

5. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    *sneaks out of lurk-dom*
    :eek:

wow...this is gorgeous! I love it!
    Obi's emotions and angst were so heavy in the first few chapters that I could feel them! Nibbi is so cute! Glad everything turned out okay for Obi and Qui - I hope everything also turns out okay for the princess and her father. Horry and find the holo-camera, Nilla!
    [face_love]

6. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Beautiful work!!! I loved it! It was soo sweet and mushy. Lovely writing!

7. Kadi

Kadi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    Well, I finally got a chance to sit down and read this... and it is fantastic, maychorian!

=D==D==D=

The mush is making me grin like an idiot. :D Please post more soon!

8. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    AngryWarrior

Thanks! :D

Princess_Arulmozhi Lovely, healthy, wholesome mush.

Best food on the planet. :) I was a bit worried this chapter went too far. But oh well.

Kynstar Liked how Qui did the ole - wasn't gonna move cuz he was quite comfortable as he was.

Hehe. I'm like that all the time. Jedi Masters are allowed to feel lazy, too.

siavv I especially liked the conversation about the difference of love and attachment. I think too many Jedi can't distinguish between these two, just look at Anakin.

Yeah, the discussion in RotS gave me a lot of food for thought for this chapter. I think my solution works pretty well. Thanks for reading!

KSkywalker

You're welcome! :D

Bastet Mush is never useless!

:D Glad you think so!

Jedi_Tigris And Nibbi's talk with Obi, knowing who they really are. I bet he'll still call them by the names he learned first though.

Yeah, Nibbi's fond of pet names. :) He's a sweet kid.

Gkilkenny

Thanks!

-Darksaber- *Hugs maychlorian*

Aw, thanks. [:D]

Jedi Obi-Wan One of my favorite parts of that post was when they were discussing that Qui-Gon would someday die. It sounds kind of morbid, but somehow that part just made me appreciate their relationship even more.

Me too, actually. They treasure what they have because they know it will be gone someday. True Jedi, they are.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind adopting Nibbi myself. :D Thanks for reading!

Artanis You write Nibbi so well! He's sweet and adorable and totally believable.

Thanks! He's partly modeled aftermy seven-year-old sister, Charity. She's always wanting a hug or a cuddle, and making strange remarks that make me laugh out loud.

jodiwent I'm going to flood my keyboard!

:D Wouldn't want to cost you money in keyboard repairs! Unfortunately, the next post is a hug-fest, too . . . :[face_sigh]:

PadawanEstel Obi's emotions and angst were so heavy in the first few chapters that I could feel them!

[face_laugh] Yeah, that's why I had that warning at the beginning. A bit depressing, there. Glad you came out of the closet, and that you liked the story! One more post.

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Thanks! :)

Kadi The mush is making me grin like an idiot.

Thanks. :D I like it too. I write what I want to read.

Thanks, everyone, especially the new readers! One last post for you. No, not everything is easily resolved, but life is like that. Hope you're satisfied, anyway. There is a sequel for this, but I probably won't post it on this board, as it goes very dark and more into the realm of straight h/c, which I find slightly embarrassing. It'll be up at ff.net, eventually. I'll be posting a new story soon, though!

I'm glad so many read this one. It was a lot of fun to write, and a bit cathartic in places. I'm sad to be done, as well as a bit proud of my accomplishment.

9. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Candles Against the Sea
    Chapter 20: Embarkation

?No, I don?t wanna stay here ever again,? Nibbi murmured.

They stood in that dank alley a couple of blocks from the clinic, staring at the little box that had been Nibbi?s home for far too long. The box was empty, the top broken in, and the Jedi robe was gone, no doubt stolen during the street vrelt?s absence. Obi-Wan had his arm wrapped around the child?s shoulders, and he gave them a squeeze, offering wordless encouragement.

?I felt safe here for a long time,? Nibbi said, looking up into the Jedi?s face with wide dark eyes. ?No one bothered me here, ?specially after you fought Tronak for me. But then those men came and dragged me out . . .?

Obi-Wan felt an echo of that memory, the terror and confusion, the rough hands grabbing slim arms and legs with bruising force, heard an echo of the child?s scream instantly cut off by a callused palm that almost suffocated him. He shuddered as the little boy shuddered. Nibbi?s arms slipped around the Padawan?s waist, tightening convulsively.

?Let?s get outta here, I don?t wanna stay here . . .?

They hurried out of the alley, Obi-Wan fighting the urge to simply pick up his little friend and carry him. This return had been by Nibbi?s request, and Obi-Wan understood the need to look back, to understand what had happened. But he was just as glad that the boy didn?t want to stay. He didn?t have any good memories from that place, either.

?Where ?m I gonna go now?? Nibbi whispered. He didn?t seem to be asking anyone in particular, his gaze far away.

Obi-Wan gently untangled their arms and knelt on one knee to face the little one, completely serious. ?Nilla will find you a good home. Will you let her help you? You know she would never do anything to hurt you, or put you with anyone who would.?

Nibbi took a couple of deep, shaky breaths, blinking rapidly, then nodded slightly, just once. He lunged forward to wrap his arms around the young Jedi?s neck, trembling. ??M scared, Obi. Really scared.?

?Of course you are,? Obi-Wan said gently, rocking the child in his arms. ?Big changes are always scary. But this is for the better, Nibbi. I know that truly?the Force tells me so. Do you believe me??

Nibbi nodded against the older boy?s neck, his grip loosening not at all. ?I b?lieve you. You?re a great Jedi, and you?d never lie t?me.?

?That?s right. That?s right.?

Nilla was waiting for their return to the clinic, her face opening in relief when the two boys came back in the double doors. While Nibbi chattered out the story of why they had needed to leave, she picked the little boy up and set him on her reception desk, offering him a lolly from the jar she kept by her datapad. He sucked it, legs swinging, and solemnly requested that she find him a good home.

The woman agreed, just as solemnly, then grinned widely, her entire face shining. ?I have the flimsies right here.? She picked up the small pile setting on the desk next to the child. ?We?ll go through it together, make sure you agree to all of it, all right? Now, first off, I need you to tell me your full name.?

Nibbi made a sour face, despite the stickiness beginning to spread over his cheeks from the lolly. ?Renibferth Delancrox.?

?Ah.? Nilla nodded gravely, writing the information with a stylus. ?I can see why you prefer ?Nibbi.??

Obi-Wan hid his mouth behind his hand, stifling a squeak of laughter. Now he understood why the little one liked nicknames.

?Now, here, the names of your new foster family,? Nilla continued, tapping the flimsy thoughtfully with her stylus. She wrote something, then held it up for Nibbi to see. ?How does that look to you??

Nibbi took a few moments to work it out, his lips moving soundlessly as he processed the syllables. Then his eyes widened, bright with joy. He turned to the clinic worker with a huge grin and threw his arms around her, sending the flimsies flying. ?It looks great!?

Nilla hugged him back gently, eyes sparkling, apparently unaware of the lolly that was now stuck in her hair. ?I think it

10. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Excellent!! =D= Great ending! :) Glad Nilla will be able to help ;) and ironic too!

Well done! Obi feels more comfortable too and Amora as well :) Perhaps Obi will realize that he is special in his own 'special' way.

Awesome job Padawan!! [face_love] Definitely e-mail me the link once you do work up the sequal on ff.net. :D

You have a gift for writing and I hope it'll continue to shine for you! [:D]

11. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    What a gorgeous finale to an excellent story. Bravo a million times over. =D=

12. Errine23

Errine23 Jedi Knight star 1

May 18, 2005
    Beautiful!

I need tissues. Drat. Why did I have to read this at work? <grin>

I can't wait to read your next story!

13. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Very nicely done. :) You know what i'm thinking? I think that Obi needs to take Anakin to this planet. ;) :D Say, after AOTC. ;)

Edit: *Looks up a few posts.* Ah. Missed that. PM me the link when you start posting the sequel. Oh and just in case you don't know. FF.net is acting screwed up.

14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, that was lovely. I especially liked the ending with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan having a bright bond of light. And I figured Nibbi would take to Nilla easily.

Good job!

15. JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2004
    This is such a cute story. I am so glade that everything turned out the way it did. You are a very good writer and I hope you write more?

16. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Fabulous ending! *applause*

17. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    Lurking...Thought I'd come out of the shadows. Another job well done, Maychorian. I loved the story as a whole and I especially enjoyed the ending. :) I shall watch your career with gr---Never mind...that's a Paply line. So yeah, I loved it.

18. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Aww, that was beautiful! Excellent ending. =D= I like the "Hindegar hugs" :) And its so nice for Nibbi to stay with Nilla.

Please PM me with a link to the sequel? I'd love to read more of your wonderful writing!

19. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    //You won?t forget me, will you, Obi?

I could never forget you, little brother.//

Aww, so sweet. You're a great writer, May. PM me with the link, please, even if the sequel is dark...

20. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    <heaves a sigh> Lovely piece of work. I'm now sorry this is over - a sequel, you say? Hmmm...

Nibbi's such a cute character, and his parting words were so sad...yet so right. The bond between Qui and Obi is stronger than ever...I'm so glad about that. :)

Kudos, may! =D=

21. no-one

no-one Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2003
    I loved this story. I just found it and had to say thank you!

22. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    Awwwww...sweet. Relitively happy ending with lots of mush!
    I'll be checking out the sequel on ff.net, as well as new stories here. Is your name the same on ff.net?
    P.S. - I just noticed all the titles - very clever!

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautiful ending! Not that I expected anything less! Bravo!

=D=

24. Artanis

Artanis Jedi Master star 2

May 10, 2005
    Awww...can't hold back a grin every time I think of little Nibbi and Nilla. :D I loved this whole story.

Great job! Your exquisite scene with the "candles against the sea" stands out as one of the most beautiful fanfic chapters I've ever read.

25. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.