main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Cannibalism in ROTJ ? Where the imperial soldiers cooked and served in ROTJ?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by mihaitzateo, Dec 12, 2015.

?

Where the imperial soldiers cooked and served in ROTJ?

1. yes

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. no

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. prefer not to vote

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    I was wondering,those small people,from the moon of Endor,were practicing cannibalism.
    So,after they killed so many imperial soldiers,where these dead soldiers cooked and served at the banquet where they celebrated the victory against the empire?
    Added a poll also.

TaradosGon and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Well, only the Human Rebels would have been practicing cannibalism.

Revyl Ren and Bail B. Baobab like this.
  3. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    And what makes you think that Leia and others refused the food offered to them?
    It would have been impolite ,to refuse to eat what they were offered,after the natives of the planet helped them so much,in winning
    that battle.

Hogarth Wrightson likes this.
  4. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    That's sensible enough to be scary

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I have a hard time imagining that no one would have had seen the Ewoks collect the corpses and/or prepare to cook them. After all at least Han, Chewie and Luke would have known that just the night before the Ewoks had tried to cook them for a banquet in 3PO's honor so I see them at the very least being leery of any and all meat the Ewoks gave them.

On an unrelated note I really wanted a Helmet Drum Set like that Ewok had during the celebration.

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Long pig has an ancient and revered culinary history. Mock it not, lest ye be served.

7. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    Because Ewoks are a different species, it would not be cannibalism per se.

Would have been messed up if the Ewoks told the Rebels after the fact what the "special dish" was.

BigAl6ft6, mihaitzateo and TX-20 like this.
  8. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If the Rebels did eat the food, that is really creepy.

9. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Jedi Padawan

Feb 12, 2015
  10. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    I like to think so, but it would not be cannibalism unless the rebel forces took part in that choice of food during the celebration.

11. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Assuming that the Ewoks didn't practice cannibalism among themselves, they'd probably understand that humans don't eat humans.

With the Sullustians and Mon Calamari, however, that might have been a different story.

Bail B. Baobab and enigmaticjedi like this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think it's perfectly logical to assume that the Ewoks ate a few Imps. The real question is, did they cook them alive (as it looked like they were planning to do to Han) or off them beforehand in a "slaughterhouse" area. True, we don't hear the searing of flesh or screaming of Imperials during the celebration or see anyone being roasted alive but there is obviously a time skip in the movie somewhere, Han and Leia's kiss happens during the day and we next see them at night, so that could have happened in between.

As for if the Rebels partook in the cooked Imperials, I'm going to assume the Ewoks would have told them / the Rebels would have known (due to Imperials being killed and cooked at some point) so it would be up to the individual. (The Rebels probably had their own rations too that they would have brought down for the celebration) However, it is also possible that a particularly drunk Rebel might have had some Imp-meat later on without knowing.

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  13. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    That's why the Ewoks were singing, to make sure no one could hear the screams of the Imperials being cooked alive.

Sarge, Revyl Ren and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I am sure the Ewoks eat some imperials, but I hope that the human rebels did not.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think the question has been answered as well as possible without going into creepy territory.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.