main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Canoe trip summary

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ia-Bou, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I'm sorry Stefanie! I didn't mean to exclude you. I had heard on the grapevine that you weren't able to go but if you were going I'd be showing as much enthusiasm that you'd be joining us as the rest. For those who are going, I'm psyched and hope it works out.

Melanie

2. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    James,
    If you do you, you'll probably be in a canoe by yourself. You in my canoe, what a joke you are. reminds me of the scene in Shallow Hal. I would be all the way up in the air. You're just to much of a hopeless loser for me James.

3. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    Yes, peopel please go. Aaron and I are all excited about the trip saturday! I cant wait. Where is everyone meeting to drive there?

4. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Before I can go I need to nail down expenditures. I assume that I'd be sharing a canoe with somebody, so the canoe rental would only be half price, so $10, right? Then there is the $4 park fee. Is there any other fees I need to be aware of? If I know I'll be putting out less than $20 I can go, but if it's going to be more I'll have to sit out. I gotta pay my tuition on Friday.

L8r

5. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    That reminds me everyone nail down a canoe partner and get their number and make sure they are coming.

but if they cant come in the end come anyway and well work something out...pull straws if it comes to it. :)

also, im not expirienced with this stuff... should i bring a cooler with food... what other stuff... sun loation?

6. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    A cooler is a good idea. If push comes to shove you can get 3 in a canoe, but 2's more comfortable. I'm pretty sure the only fee is $25 per canoe- those other fees are associated with Katie's Landing, not KING'S LANDING, where we're going. -Campbell

7. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    id really like to follow someone there

8. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I'm bringing a cooler, with extra sandwiches, water, etc in case someone forgets their lunch. Sunscreen & bug spray check! Maybe a towel? Money & don't know what else.
    Ia, if you want to follow me, you can either meet me at my house or we can pick a meeting point. Just tell me. Just 3 more days! Yea!

Melanie

9. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Okay, you will not believe this, I don't believe it, but Dale just talked me into going. I'll be there.

I now have to go back and re-read everything here (after I get home from dinner) and find out when, where, and the cost of this. Unless someone wishes to post that information again before I check these forums in a few hours? That would be kind...

Brandon

10. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    25 dollars a canoe

11. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Should be fun. Now I need to decide how to get there. Car pool or follow someone.

12. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    I'd like to go on the canoe trip. Can my 10 yr old go? It's going to be just he and I this weekend and it might be a fun thing for us to do.

13. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    I dont see why not. The more the merrier.

14. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Agreed. Bring the kid, we'll be glad to meet you both. And a canoe trip is a pretty cool thing for a parent and a kid to do. Once we're on the water we'll take it at our own pace anyhow. You two will automatically have a partner; the rest of us just have to pick a canoemate we can stand. A topic I don't even plan on fully tackling till I get there. I'm just happy to be taking a trip on the water.

Brandon, very glad you're going to make it. See you there. -Campbell

ps- I just bought a seat pad for the trip. On past trips after 40 minutes sitting on an aluminum 2x4 numbness sets in and makes me wish I'd bought a seat pad for the trip.

15. MarasBlade

Aug 31, 2000
    Thanks everyone-can't wait to meet you all!

16. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Dale you have those powers of persuasion! Good going!
    Brandon, I'm sure you figured this out but it's $25 per canoe but divided by 2 people, plus I heard a mention of a $4 parking fee so it's only about $17.
    See you there and glad you can come.
    Melanie

17. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    In case anyone gets lost:

Ia's cell phone: (407) 791-3979

18. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Hey Ia, I thought you didn't know the way; is that your number so everybody will recognize it when it's on their caller ID and your lost?

Just kidding, btw,
    Campbell: has no mobile phone.

19. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Okay, what is the *exact* address/location of where this is going to be, and what time? I went way back to re-read some old posts, but I want some up-to-date information on this matter. I will most likely be driving by myself, GPS guiding me the entire way, to get there.

Must have information.

Really.

I must.

For real.

It's true.

Brandon

20. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    If I'm not there by 9am am I SOL? I really want to go, but now other than the $$$ question mark hanging over my head is the fact that I have to work really late the night before. Gah. There's no way I can leave early either.

*sigh*

L8r

21. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    If you're asking if we'll wait till 9:15 then you've got a good chance. If you're asking if we're going to wait till 10:30 for stragglers, my money's on SOL.

For what it's worth, I work till anywhere between midnight and 2 tonight and will be there right around 9 tomorrow morning. Hope to see you there.

22. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Okay, again, let me ask: when is everyone going to be there and WHERE is it?

Brandon

23. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Brandon, I've gone back and copied the other people's posts so here you go:

5722 Baptist Camp Rd, Apopka, Florida 32712 (this was emailed to me from Campbell)

This was posted by Mike who I hope can go. If we can stay up to 1-2am and get there, so can you Mister! ;)

Access
    From Orlando, travel north on I-4 to SR 436. This will take you to the small city of Apopka. In Apopka, turn north (right) on CR 435 / Park Avenue. Follow this for six miles to a T-intersection at Kelly Park Road. Turn east (right) and then north (left) on Baptist Camp Road. Go past Kelly Park to the King's Landing put-in. It will be on the right side of the road. To find the take-out from Apopka, at SR 436 turn north (right) on S. Hunt Club Blvd. Follow to N. Hunt Club Blvd. Continue on this road to the canoe launch at Wekiva Marina.

Melanie

24. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Thank you. Just one note: Apopka is not all that small, not at all. In fact, I would venture to say it is rather large when compared to other suburbs of Orlando proper.

It is so large, actually, it is within two counties: Seminole and Orange.

Take that, Casselberry!

Brandon

25. MarasBlade

Aug 31, 2000
    I've never been canoeing before. Will this be an all day thing? What size cooler should I bring?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.