main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Canon "Complete Locations"

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LelalMekha, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Kashuula Korulanlaa Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2016
    finally got the book, yesterday
    after many years I got it! (I been trying to get the old one for years)

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Besides the new content, there's a few subtle differences (described earlier in the thread), but it seems pretty close to the original.

Kashuula Korulanlaa likes this.
  3. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

Maybe Palpatine was going to Order 66 ships of that class.

Okay, that was bad. :p

Gamiel, vncredleader and Tzizvvt78 like this.
  4. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    He would SOOO do that though.

5. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    A couple of small questions for Jason:

The text referencing the Omega-class freighter was cut, but the ships are still visible in the Mos Eisley painting, is the ship class is still part of canon? I assumed it was, given Leland Chee's tweet on unstated ship names being canon, unless a good story reason changes it.

My second question was: The barges referenced in the Hoth map, are these the smaller Theta-class (from SW: Commander and Legends), the one-walker barges referenced in the Titan side-profile? Since the Titans weren't used, yet "barges and troop carriers" are referenced in the map, I assumed these smaller barges were considered ok to use alongside the Gozanti freighters. Carrying one walker seems to make them more "nimble" than the larger Titans.

Also, I love the new font used in the book, it's very sleek. And I love how the new/changed text flows very nicely as a story/narration in and of itself. :)

6. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

I hadn't realized the Omegas were cut. Looks like that deletion was solely to clear space for the new text explaining the origin of the base. Don't see any reason the Omegas wouldn't still be fine. I didn't red-flag them for review.

As for the barges, that text was kept from the original. If there's a fit in Legends, that's probably what was intended.

I think I was happiest to get rid of the old Ep I galaxy map. That thing always gave me a splitting headache.

7. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    That's good to hear! Right now the Omega-class freighter is one of two canonical thing left from The Great Heep tv special, alongside Admiral Screed. :D

8. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    And I always thought that its design makes sense. Yes, it does look like a legless flying AT-AT, but I think that's definitely something the Empire would do, reuse an effective design like that.

Darth Basin, Gamiel and Tzizvvt78 like this.
  9. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Even Lucas/Filoni did something similar in TCW, with the legged turtle tanker. :)

10. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    jasonfry
    Did the Mon Cal Star Cruiser Freedom's Dawn, seen as a wreck on Jakku thirty years later, also participate in the Battle of Endor?

If not, could it be so, and could it be the Liberty-type Star Cruiser seen in ROTJ as the Falcon and the Rebels begin attacking Star Destroyers at point blank range before Grizz Frix (Red Five) and Ekelarc Yong (Gray Three)'s deaths onscreen?

11. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

Both those things seem possible, but couldn't give you a definitive answer.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    *deletes Jason* I forgive you.

....but who will forgive me?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    For what it's worth, I assumed your choice of a name like Freedom's Dawn implied it was an MC80 built post-Endor. Just as the New Republic "dawned" post-Endor, I assumed this symbolic name was very New Republic sounding.

--Adm. Nc

14. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Is there any other source for the ship's name? The Wook just lists Complete Locations, but I don't recall creating it. Which might say more for the state of my recall.

15. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Nope, Freedom's Dawn is brand new. It's shown in the Graveyard of Giants, looks like a Liberty-Type MC80 winged cruiser. If you didn't create it, someone else must of added it in the editing phase? It's the only NR ship named among the wrecks, the rest are all Star Destroyers.

--Adm. Nick

16. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Hmm. Let me see if I can reconstruct. Won't answer the original queries, but I'm interested.

Meanwhile, shame on you all collectively for not finding the new Russ Manning reference. Unless somebody did and I've forgotten. In which case great job and I knew you'd spot it!

17. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

Russ Manning reference?

18. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    The Alliance Records Office on Fusai, where C-3PO requested to be transferred?

19. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

Good guess, but nope. It's a direct reference, not one reflecting another new canon source.

Tzizvvt78 and LelalMekha like this.
  20. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Hmm, Russ Manning reference? Man, there are so many little comics he did... is it subtle or is it staring us right in the face? :p

--Adm. Nick

21. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I don't know about the Manning thing but I picked up your reference to the Crockers =D=

jasonfry likes this.
  22. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Dangit. I'll keep looking then.

23. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Nick, are you incepting Jason to create more Mon Cal cruisers?

24. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I'm doing nothing of the sort. We're solving a mystery of whether Jason named the Mon Cal cruiser or someone else at LFL did. :p

--Adm. Nick

vncredleader likes this.
  25. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    They brought Ackmena into canon and no one told me?!

Bah. I say goodnight to you all. Goodnight... but not goodbye.

vncredleader, Vthuil, Daneira and 3 others like this.