main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canon Zr 60..

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by vanpuyer8, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanpuyer8

vanpuyer8 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    Well, my dad just got the new Sears Wish Book and saw that the Canon Zr60 was a good price. He told me he MIGHT get it for me.

Is there anything bad about it? Good? Etc.

Thanks

Vaner

2. Figrin-Dan_Man

Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Good: It's a canon.

Bad: It's not an XL.

Good: It doesn't cost four grand.

Bad: It doesn't cost four grand.

Interperet as you will.

3. vanpuyer8

May 20, 2002
    umm...thanks, Fig?

4. Figrin-Dan_Man

Nov 4, 2002
    Hey, that's pretty informative.

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Um, well, I have a Canon ZR-40 (the same thing as a ZR-60, except older), and I LOVE it. :D

For it's price, I think it's an amazing little camera. :D

6. degobah1

degobah1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    hey, i have the ZR-65 (same as yours but with like a few more little features) and it has served me great!! everything is right there, it is really easy to use. I find the different brightness settings right there on the camera pretty convenient. It's compact and good for sneaky shots and to take places. You'll be a happy filmmaker.

7. JediDrew

JediDrew Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2002
    alon with my GL2, I have the Zr10 ... like the oldest one EVER... and I still love it, even with my GL2 i still find myself using it ALOT

8. vanpuyer8

May 20, 2002
    Thanks so much for the replies..(not so much Fig's)

9. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Sounds like we have our own little ZR family fan club going here.
    I'll chime in with my ZR25.
    About the same age as the ZR 10 and still going strong.

The only drawback that I've heard of on these cameras is that onboard mics can pick up the sound of the motors. You may want to consider saving up a bit of money to add on an external mic. (Which is a good thing to have no matter what camera you use.)

Have fun.

10. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I love my ZR-65, but have had some problems w/ the heads as far as playing back footage (it tapes just fine, but the playback is all jacked up). But everyone else I know that's had a ZRseries has had outstanding luck with them. I just have that kind of luck :p ;)

11. vanpuyer8

May 20, 2002
    Thanks!

Does anyone know any good site with Canadian prices for the Canon ZR 60?

12. Figrin-Dan_Man

Nov 4, 2002
    What? That's a pretty informative post, really.

Canon makes a great camera. The collective Canon could fart and put out an amazing camera. Each camera is great for the price. An XL is worth it's weight in platinum.

13. Jedikes1138

Jedikes1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2003
    I like my new Canon ZR 60! Glad you'll be getting that one. It will suit your needs fine for now, untill you grow out of it and/or you get enough money to buy a better one. But prices for Canada? Might as well check the Canon website (Canon.com).

"Dude, your getting a Canon!"

14. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Ive recently broke my ZR20 due to some beach filming, but in the two years ive had it, it's been a really great camera. It's the best one in it's price range. I highly recomend you get a head cleaner with it. Every once in a while the camera asks me to remove the tape because the heads are dirty. I just run the head cleaner through for 10 seconds and problem solved.

15. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "The only drawback that I've heard of on these cameras is that onboard mics can pick up the sound of the motors. You may want to consider saving up a bit of money to add on an external mic."

Yeah, that's the only real drawback, but, like he said, just save up a bit of money for a mic and you're golden. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.