main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Can't Be, Summary: An unexpected surprise has Leia questioning herself

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LASOS, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LASOS

LASOS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2008
    Can?t Be

Disclaimer: Not mine.
    Author?s note: So this was my first published fic over at ff.net and I decided to put it here, too.

?Stop and stare; I think I?m moving but I go nowhere; Yeah, I know that everyone gets scared; But I?ve become what I can?t be, oh...?
    OneRepublic, ?Stop and Stare?

-----------

I have a bad feeling about this.

(What else is new?)

If there is one thing at which Han Solo has always excelled, it is hitting his target.

(Ha. Maybe that?s inappropriate?)

Ah well, it was my idea anyway. Sort of. He had been asleep for some time, sprawled out on our bed as he always does on nights when I don?t join him right away. I do love to watch him when he sleeps like that. Tangled in the covers, breathing deeply, even snoring lightly. Sometimes the corner of his mouth arches upward in that patented crooked grin of his and I wonder what it is that makes him so happy in his dreams.

(Me?)

Usually I do my late-night reading in my study down the hall. The lighting is better, and Threepio can move about freely to bring me kaffe if it is so needed. But not this night. Han had just returned from an eight standard day mission. The Gorgonas of the Taurean system had recently been allowed to join the New Republic and Han was dispatched with one of our fleets on a military training mission. He does love those Alliance standard operating procedures.

(Not really.)

He never sleeps on these missions, and always comes back exhausted. But I had missed him in his absence (more so than usual, though I?ll never tell) and decided to do my reading from the plush chair that sat in the rounded window of our bedchamber that overlooks Coruscant so I could feel near him even as he slept. Somewhere through the endless dialogue of Noogan trade agreements and the next day?s agenda, I?d had enough. My eyelids were heavy and the thought of curling up next to Han?s sleeping (snoring now) form became all too enticing.

Except that once I climbed into bed beside him, another thought became even more enticing. My naked leg brushed against his as I slid underneath the thick covers and I was consumed with the memory of the last time we touched. I woke him with the little kisses that I placed along his jawline and the corners of his mouth, and he smiled at me groggily as I moved myself on top of him.

?Hey there, Princess. Did I oversleep??

?No. I just need a little distraction.? I smiled and kissed his forehead, playing with the band of his gray undershorts. He moved his hands around my waist and then slid them beneath my nightrobe, caressing my lower back. I let out an involuntary gasp at the strong feel of his hands against my bare skin.

?Distraction, huh? What?d you have in mind??

?Just a few thoughts. Wanted to see if we could discuss in committee.?

?I?ve got a few thoughts of my own...What say you to bypassing the committee?? He slid the robe off my shoulders and began to kiss the exposed skin.

?I believe that would be a breach in protocol, General. Very much against New Republic SOP?s,? I whispered as I nibbled at the nape of his neck.

?Ah, come on, Your Worship. I?ve got a really great idea.?

(Of course you do.)

?Mine?s better.?

(I?ll prove it.)

?I don?t think s--oh. Oh. So it is.?

(That's right, Flyboy.)

I had set an alarm on the chrono for the next morning but awoke as the first light of the first sun began streaming into the chamber windows. Han lay on his side sound asleep, his arm draped across my stomach, his hair a little more mussed than usual. The blankets were in tangles around us. (Ha.) Yes, we had successfully distracted one another from doing that which had been so important mere hours ago. I smiled at my husband and brought my hands to caress his that was so warm on my body. He so often rests his hand on my lower abdomen as he sleeps. I love it. It always feels so smooth, so reassuring. He?s here.

(I think it reminds him that I?m here, too.)

I stroke the back of his hand, the five pads of his fingers and his wide palm creating gent

2. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    That certainly was a roller-coaster of emotions. From Happy :) to SAD :_| to Hopeful [face_praying] in the end. Great job! =D=

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I was truly touched by the extent of emotions in this. Well done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.