main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

cant......do it

Discussion in 'Literature' started by slimybug, Sep 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cydonia

cydonia Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 6, 2001
    I gave up on Truce at Bakura, i already saw that star trek episode. I Jedi was hard to get thru because i had just read the Jedi Academy triology, and i, jedi basically reprints one of the stories.

2. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    And you guys think you're SW fans?!

;)
    For me, anything Star Wars is good. anything. I love the holidays. Especially when they have Star Wars specials.
    The fact that it's Star Wars makes it good.

SotE was one of my favorite books; the first one I read that wasn't a kid's book. But if only there was a part about Shuttle Tyderium.

Slimy, I'd suggest you make sure you know what's going on. SotE was a bit confusing.
    Here's some positive feedback from tf.n books:

Scott: This story was a really great idea. I really liked finding out the answers to questions like where did Leia get the bounty hunter outfit, did Luke ever go back to Ben's house, why did so many Bothans die to get the Death Star plans, etc, etc. I thought Steve Perry did a good job developing Darth Vader's character and giving us insight into why he hates Obi-Wan Kenobi so much. Steve Perry also has a great way of writing action sequences and making them come alive. I really liked the X-Wing battle and the Swoop chase. I also really liked the Outrider and Dash Rendar's droid. Very cool! I can't wait to see them in the Star Wars Special Edition! Perry is also good at including humor with his characters. It was an enjoyable Star Wars story.

Darin: Darth Vader in action again! Yes! With a competitor, even better! Good old-fashioned tromps through the sewers with all your pals, undercover in the middle of the central complex of the government that has your WANTED posters hanging everywhere. Thermal Detonators (heh, heh, FIRE, FIRE!) A droid that looks like Cameron Diaz and fights like Bruce Lee. (OYoooooWee! You make me wanna walk like a camel!--In case you don't understand that, listen to "Walk like a camel" by Southern Culture on Skids) What makes it better is that it is set between TESB and ROTJ, so there are all kinds of subtle tie-ins with the movies.

3. LordMoltar

LordMoltar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2001
    There's a few "Star Wars" novels that I have had trouble getting through, but eventually I return to them and find out that they're not as difficult to enjoy as I first made them out to be. For example, I think it took me three tries to actually finish the "Thrawn Trilogy", in a span of about 4-5 years. The third try, I finished the series and it still remains one of my all time favorite "Star Wars" story arcs. And just this summer I finished reading both "I, Jedi" and "Shadows of the Empire". Both might not have been explored much in the first attempt at reading, but this time around they were quite good. Sometimes, for me, it can take some time before I can fully get into a book, but once I have my foot in the door, I'm all set to run through the rest of the way.

4. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I BARELY finished TLCA the other day...God, they were ponderous. I was never a huge fan of the gambler's, anyway, so me I was jaded going into it. But I had to literally force my way through it, only because I felt I HAD to finish it. Even though it was bad, and probably the worst collection of SW novels (IMHO)to be published, I had to complete them, only cuz they carry the Star Wars label.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.