main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Can't Fight the Moonlight (post-Rebirth, A/T, sad/happy)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaina_and_Jag, Dec 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Disclaimer: I don't own the characters, they belong to George, and I don't own the song, it's LeAnn Rhimes.

Tagline: What would have happened if Tahiri knew Anakin would die?

Under the lover-sky,
    Gonna be with you,
    And no one?s gonna be around

Tahiri sat staring out into the dark oblivion from her room on the Errant Venture when a blinding light blasted through her consciousness.

?Tahiri,? a voice from her past called out. She tried to see who was calling her but everything was blurry. ?Tahiri,? it called again. The fog fell away as the person touched her and tears welled in her eyes when she saw who it was.

?Daddy,? she whispered. She threw her arms around his neck and squeezed. ?I?ve missed you so much!?

?I?ve missed you too sweetie but I have something that?s very important to tell you,? her father said releasing her so he could look into her eyes. ?Anakin is the right man for you but if you fall in love now his fate is to die saving you. You can love him and he can love you because that is unstoppable but you need to make him think that you don?t love him until after a mission with many young Jedi.?

?I can?t do that daddy,? she whimpered. ?I could never break his heart like that.?

?But you have to angel,? her father whispered as he began to fade away. ?I love you.?

Before he disappeared completely Tahiri cried out, ?I love you daddy!?

Now that her father was gone completely a vision assaulted her. A blonde was kneeling over a lifeless body, her body wracking in sobs. Tahiri looked at it in confusion and crouched down to comfort the girl when she saw who it was. She screamed in horror and back away from the girl that was her. Anakin?s lifeless body was battered and bloodied and she tried to get the image of his handsome face almost marred beyond recognition.

Tahiri came back to reality at the sound of a knocking at her door. ?Come in,? she called out knowing it was Anakin.

?Hey,? he said as he walked into her room starting towards her turned back.

If you think that you won?t fall,
    Well just wait until,
    ?Til the sun goes down

?Tahiri,? Anakin said as she stared out into space. ?I need to talk to you.?

?Anakin,? Tahiri said, turning around to face him. ?We don?t need to talk. You should probably go spend time with your family now anyway, what with your new cousin.? But I want you to be my family, Anakin thought as he sat down next to her.

?I love,? Anakin began but was stopped by her fingers on his mouth.

?No you don?t,? Tahiri said turning to stare into space again, missing the look of hurt in Anakin?s deep blue eyes.

Underneath the starlight, starlight,
    There?s a magical feeling so right,
    It will steal your heart tonight

Tahiri closed her eyes as she sat facing the stars. Everytime she looked at Anakin she had trouble fighting the urge to tell him she loved him but she restrained herself because he would die if she didn?t.

You can try to resist

?Tahiri, I do,? he stated as he reached up with his hand to turn her face towards him again.

?You can?t,? she said turning away from his grasp.

?Why won?t you let me?? Anakin asked, his voice showing the pain he felt at her denial of him.

She turned her head and stared into his eyes. I love you, Anakin sent to her through the Force.

Try to hide from my kiss

I love you echoed through Tahiri?s mind as she stared into the ache filled eyes of her best friend, the man she loved.

She knew he was drawing near, she knew he was going to kiss her but she was lost in the endless blues of his eyes.

They were a breath apart when Anakin whispered, ?I love you.? He closed his eyes and captured her lips in the sweetest kiss. She closed her eyes and kissed him back, savoring the moment and then reality hit her. She jerked away and stood up, walking towards her door and stared at it.

But you know, but you know that you,
    Can?t fight the moonlight

As soon as Tahiri jerked away, Anakin opened his eyes and watched as

2. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    Hey, J_and_J. that was beautiful. I really liked how you did that. I was so upset that he died. I'll take your version anyday. It was great.

God bless,
    Jaina

3. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    OMG>. just like the rest of ur work that was AWESOME>.. i cried and cried and cried... i seem to do that a lot

Great JOBBBB

4. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Jm_JS: Thanks! :D

I was so upset that he died. I'll take your version anyday.
    [face_blush] Thanks. I hated that they killed Ani off! :mad:

JG15: Thanks! :D

i cried and cried and cried... i seem to do that a lot
    I made you cry? Sorry. *gives you tissues*

5. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Great job on that, Country Girl!

6. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Thanks Lt! :D

7. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Wow. Just, wow. This has to be some of the best A/T I've ever read. Superb job!!

8. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    [face_blush] [face_blush] Thank you so much!!!! :D

EDIT: My 4,000 post! :D

9. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  10. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
  11. tenelfan14