main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can't Help Falling in Love (J/J songfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jaina_Fel_06, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    Yepyep... New fic... :p

The peeps belong to Georgie, the lyrics to Elvis, a couple lines belong to A. Allston, etc. :p

Hope you enjoy!! :D :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wise men say only fools rush in,
    But I can?t help falling in love with you.

?What I have to know?? Jag hesitated, unsure of himself, hesitant to reveal his feelings. ?What I have to know is this: Why did you do it?? Breathlessly he awaited her answer, aware that the direction his life would take rested upon her words.

He hadn?t meant to fall in love with Jaina. It had just happened. From the moment when he learned she might marry the Hapan Prince Isolder, his life had been turned upside-down. The stability that he so valued had been snatched away from him, and he found himself dependent on someone else for the first time since he left his parents? house.

?I don?t know,? Jaina said.

?You do know. You have to know. Nobody else but you could know.? Jag leaned in close to her, gazing deep into her beautiful eyes.

Shall I stay?
    Would it be such a sin?
    If I can?t help falling in love with you.

?I.. I?? Jaina trailed off and Jag?s heart twisted as tears formed in her eyes. ?Everyone is going away.? The tears spilled over, and Jag longed to kiss all her sorrows away. ?They keep going away and I can?t stop it. I didn?t want you to go away.?

Jag felt a lump form in his throat at her disconsolate words. His heart went out to her, this poor, beautiful young woman standing before him, old before her time. She had been matured too hastily by the war and by the deaths of her brothers. Inside, Jag cried for her, for the unfairness of it all. Then, he took her into his arms and held her body close.

Like a river flows,
    Only to the sea,
    Darling, so it goes,
    Some things are meant to be.

It felt so natural to have Jaina in his arms, so right. He luxuriated in the feel of his arms around her, of her weight resting against him. He rested his head on hers and breathed in her scent. Tears ran down her face, soaking into his uniform, but he didn?t care. Jaina Solo was in his arms so the rest of the universe could go to hell.

Take my hand, take my whole life too
    For I can?t help falling in love with you.

Jag didn?t want to say anything for fear of breaking the spell that bound them together. Finally, though, he spoke. ?I won?t go anywhere,? he murmured, kissing the top of her head.

?Why?? Jaina?s voice was choked from all the tears she had shed.

Jag was surprised by the question. ?Why what??

?Why won?t you go anywhere?? Jaina clutched him protectively as if afraid he would disappear before her very eyes.

Jag had thought it was perfectly obvious. ?Because I don?t want to.?

Like a river flows,
    Only to the sea,
    Darling, so it goes,
    Some things are meant to be.

Jag tilted her chin up and gazed into her eyes for a moment. Then, he angled his own head down and captured her lips with his own. Jaina gasped in surprise as sparks shot up and down her spine at the contact. Pulling her closer, Jag closed his eyes and savored her taste. An enormous weight was lifted from his chest as she began to kiss him back. She loves me!

Take my hand, take my whole life too

As Jag and Jaina continued to kiss in the deserted conference room, the galaxy raged in turmoil as, slowly, the Yuuzhan Vong continued to conquer, gaining systems by the dozen. But in that small room on Borleias, all was right with the universe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So, whaddya think?? :)

2. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    You lured me in with the title, I thought to myself "Hey, that's an Elvis song!" ;)

I typically don't read a lot of songfics or J/J, but that was very sweet. Nice job with juggling emotions and descriptions and inserting the song well. :)

3. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    i seriously have to write a little viggie about that scene sometime. wonderful viggie, jaina :D

~aeryn

4. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    great viggie! very nicely written! much enjoyable! :D

5. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    very nicely written, JF06!

6. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    That was sweet.J/J mush always is.

nina

7. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    nice viggie! i like jag's thoughts.

-jj00

8. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    ArnaKyle: Thanks so much!! I read your profile, and believe me, I'm flattered... [face_blush] [face_blush]

Aeryn: :)

j_g: Glad you liked! :D :D

Lt: Thanks! [face_blush]

Jjf: Isn't it though? [face_love] [face_love] So much better than K/J stuff... [face_disgust]

jj00: Glad you liked! :D

9. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Jaina, i forgot to ask. Can I post this at my Jag/Jaina fansite, 'As You Wish Goddess'?

As You Wish Goddess... It used to be known as JJSA (Jag/Jaina 'Shipper Alliance).

~aeryn

10. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Go right ahead, Aeryn! I'm flattered... [face_blush] [face_blush]

11. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Oh, that was so sweet! Definitely one of the best alternate point of views for that scene that I've read. And I love songfics!!

~Rogue

12. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    oh i agree, that was prefect! Makes my vigie look terrible 8-} excellent viggie, loved the J/Jiness ^_^

EJ

13. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Rogue: Why thanks! [face_blush] [face_blush]

EJ: Thanks to you too! Glad you enjoyed! :) And I refuse to believe that you could write anything terrible... :)

14. Twin_Suns_Leader

Twin_Suns_Leader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 11, 2002
    Awww! That was great, Jaina! Really sweet!

...and I'll leave the songs on this thread to you. 8-}

15. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    TSL: Thanks a bunch! And LOL!! :D

16. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Gorgeous little viggie, bestest dearest! :D I LOVE that scene... the first J/J mush scene in all of the NJO- long live Mike Stackpole and Aaron Allston! :p And Elaine Cunningham. :D

17. Twin_Suns_Leader

Aug 11, 2002
    Have any of you guys finished Remnant yet???

:D

You're always welcome, JF06!

18. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    I finished Remnant- I'm very satisfied with the J/J but my new motto is Kill Danni Quee. :p

19. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Saber: Why, thanks, bestest dearest!! :D :D I agree completamente about the authors... :p

TSL: Why yes I have... I liked it, actually. Except for that J/D mush hints.. WHAT WAS THAT?!?!

20. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    OMG, Saber, we posted at the same time and said the same thing... :p :p

21. Twin_Suns_Leader

Aug 11, 2002
    "Kill Danni Quee..." THAT has a nice ring to it...I don't even want to KNOW what they were thinking with that J/D stuff!!! Eh...I think Nom Anor's too good for her...

22. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    LOL, TSL!

You should see Jedida's signature- it says "Wanted Dead or Not-Alive: Danni Quee for Killing the NJO" ! LOL! :p

23. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Yes... I think that's great too... [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Danni should DIE. Hmm... which of my fics should I kill her in... How about ALL OF THEM??? :p :p

24. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm writing a post-NJO/Vong War viggie that's Jacen/Danni/Tenel ka- mucho angst :(

DIE, DANNI, DIE!!!

25. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE!!!!

I take it that was the mommy bunny... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.