main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Can't Help Falling in Love (J/J songfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaina_Fel_06, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    Yet another take on Jag and Jaina's first kiss.

The people belong to Georgie, the lyrics to Elvis, a couple lines belong to A. Allston, etc. :p

Hope you enjoy!! :D :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wise men say only fools rush in,
    But I can?t help falling in love with you.

?What I have to know?? Jag hesitated, unsure of himself, hesitant to reveal his feelings. ?What I have to know is this: Why did you do it?? Breathlessly he awaited her answer, aware that the direction his life would take rested upon her words.

He hadn?t meant to fall in love with Jaina. It had just happened. From the moment when he learned she might marry the Hapan Prince Isolder, his life had been turned upside-down. The stability that he so valued had been snatched away from him, and he found himself dependent on someone else for the first time since he left his parents? house.

?I don?t know,? Jaina said.

?You do know. You have to know. Nobody else but you could know.? Jag leaned in close to her, gazing deep into her beautiful eyes.

Shall I stay?
    Would it be such a sin?
    If I can?t help falling in love with you.

?I.. I?? Jaina trailed off and Jag?s heart twisted as tears formed in her eyes. ?Everyone is going away.? The tears spilled over, and Jag longed to kiss all her sorrows away. ?They keep going away and I can?t stop it. I didn?t want you to go away.?

Jag felt a lump form in his throat at her disconsolate words. His heart went out to her, this poor, beautiful young woman standing before him, old before her time. She had been matured too hastily by the war and by the deaths of her brothers. Inside, Jag cried for her, for the unfairness of it all. Then, he took her into his arms and held her body close.

Like a river flows,
    Only to the sea,
    Darling, so it goes,
    Some things are meant to be.

It felt so natural to have Jaina in his arms, so right. He luxuriated in the feel of his arms around her, of her weight resting against him. He rested his head on hers and breathed in her scent. Tears ran down her face, soaking into his uniform, but he didn?t care. Jaina Solo was in his arms so the rest of the universe could go to hell.

Take my hand, take my whole life too
    For I can?t help falling in love with you.

Jag didn?t want to say anything for fear of breaking the spell that bound them together. Finally, though, he spoke. ?I won?t go anywhere,? he murmured, kissing the top of her head.

?Why?? Jaina?s voice was choked from all the tears she had shed.

Jag was surprised by the question. ?Why what??

?Why won?t you go anywhere?? Jaina clutched him protectively as if afraid he would disappear before her very eyes.

Jag had thought it was perfectly obvious. ?Because I don?t want to.?

Like a river flows,
    Only to the sea,
    Darling, so it goes,
    Some things are meant to be.

Jag tilted her chin up and gazed into her eyes for a moment. Then, he angled his own head down and captured her lips with his own. Jaina gasped in surprise as sparks shot up and down her spine at the contact. Pulling her closer, Jag closed his eyes and savored her taste. An enormous weight was lifted from his chest as she began to kiss him back. She loves me!

Take my hand, take my whole life too

As Jag and Jaina continued to kiss in the deserted conference room, the galaxy raged in turmoil as, slowly, the Yuuzhan Vong continued to conquer, gaining systems by the dozen. But in that small room on Borleias, all was right with the universe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So, whaddya think?? :)

2. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    *happy sigh* lovely, lovely, lovely! [face_love] Jag is so sweet... :)

3. tendra_217

tendra_217 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    That was prefectly lovely [face_love]

4. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Awww. Even the official starwars.com site says it ;) We all know who's won Jaina's heart :D :D

5. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    that was beautiful! [face_love]

6. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
  7. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    I think: good job. :D

lordmaul13

8. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Thanks so much, j_g, tendra, Lt, Matthew, and lordmaul!

Shinar: It's official! It's official!! It's official!!! :D :D :D

9. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Jaina-Solo-Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2002
    awwwwwwwwww! JF06, you always make me love your stories. Even if this was just a viggie I loved it so much. I've read quite a few different takes on their first kiss, but I can honestly say that this is the version that has touched me the most. It was beautiful and I loved the song you had with it too. Good job JF06! :D

10. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Awwwwwwwwww... Thank you so, so much, JSF13! You just made my day! [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.