main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'Can't I please have my morning cup of caf now?'-Solo family craziness-2'nd AND LAST POST UP!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Meredith_Kenobi, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Title: 'Can't I please have my morning cup of caf now?'
    Author: Meredith Kenobi
    Characters: The Solo family, and the ghosts of some very familiar Jedi...
    Timeframe: post ROTJ
    Summary: It's a normal day...for a family made up mostly of children Jedi, who are prone to getting into mischief. Certain Jedi, now in the Netherworld, are watching Leia's crazy day...what will they do to help her?
    Notes: Many of the things that the Solo children do in this story, actually happened to me and my family
    ...:D

Hello, thank you for clicking on this link!

Thanks for the idea, QUIGONSGAL!

Are you prepared for the craziness below? I sure hope so...just remember, almost everything that the Solo children do, happened to me and my family 8-}

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

It was a day like any other. She had mountains of work to do, thousands of meetings to attend, and needed desperately to make a short trip to the ?fresher. Han was next to her in the bed, snoring?very loudly?and,?she could distinctly hear the squabbling of young children fighting over who gets the ?Holotubby? bowl. Liea sighed, swinging her legs out of bed. Yep, it was a day like any other.

Leia Organa plodded over to the bedroom door, all the while wishing she could just stay in bed and pretend nothing was happening?unfortunately, she had duties. As the chief-of-state, and as a mother.

?Ow! No, I get the Holotubby bowl!?

?Ow! No I do!?

?Ouch! Jacen Solo that hurt! I?m telling Mommy on you?? Leia heard the pattering of little feet come closer, to stop just outside her bedroom door.

Leia sighed, keying the door before two small fists could begin pounding on the door. Sure enough, the door swished open to reveal a bothered, red-in-the-face, four-year old Jaina Solo with her fists raised ready to pound on the door.

?Oh! Mommy, Jacen hit me.? Jaina whined.

Leia looked down at her daughter knowingly. She knew exactly what was going to happen next. She began to count out loud, softly to herself. ?Three, two, one,?

?Did not! Whatever she says, it?s not true!? Jacen yelled, skidding to a halt directly in front of Leia.

Leia clapped her hands together with mock enthusiasm. ?Ah, Jacen! You?re just in time.?

Jacen frowned, confused. ?Huh? In time for what??

?Why, you?re just in time to fight?very loudly, I might add?with your sister over 'who started it' and who is really to blame! Come on now, don?t be shy, who wants to go first?? Leia clapped her hands together to emphasize her sarcasm.

Jacen looked at his sister who was looking back at him with an identical face of confusion. ?Why is Mommy so weird in the morning??

Leia gave a world-weary sigh, pushing past the two confused four-year olds. Why don?t young children ever understand sarcasm? ?The reason Mommy is so weird in the morning is because she hasn?t had her daily dose of caffeine.?

?Huh??

?My caf, darlings. I haven?t had my morning cup of caf.?

Jacen and Jaina ran past her, giggling. ?Mommy?s silly.?

Leia plodded to the ?fresher, praying that all hell wouldn?t break lose before she was done. Ten minutes later, Leia walked out of the refresher feeling refreshed. No pun intended. Her hair was brushed, her teeth were clean, and her bladder was no longer begging for attention.

With a small smile on her face, Leia headed for the kitchen?maybe now she could have her morning cup of caf. The smile was swiped off of her face rather rudely.

Jacen and Jaina were standing on the couch brawling with each other, as half a gallon of blue milk glugged out all over their feet, and the clean, white, Eri?pme silk couch.

To put it lightly, Leia felt as mad as a caged Wookiee. Leia closed her eyes, forcing herself to calm down. Now would be a good time to use one of those calming techniques her brother had shown her.

After she had cooled down somewhat, she slowly walked over to the couch, separated the fighting twins, and picked up the now mostly empty milk carton. ?What,? she said calmly. ?Seems

2. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Leia looked down at her daughter knowingly. She knew exactly what was going to happen next. She began to count out loud, softly to herself. ¡°Three, two, one,¡±

¡°Did not! Whatever she says, it¡¯s not true!¡± Jacen yelled, skidding to a halt directly in front of Leia.

[face_laugh] There's an attentive parent for you! She knows what's coming! =D=

Well done. First post, maybe, hopefully!

3. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
  4. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_laugh] Very funny.
    Yes, post more! :)

5. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Poor Obi Wan thinking it's Luke and Leia with the troubles.

This is very cute.

Must post more....

Keep up the good work.

6. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] Great job! Who knew Yoda was such a prankster! I would definately love to see more.

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Master Yoda! He had better beware, pranks lead to the Dark Side! :p Hilarious! =D=

8. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    Thank you very very much, BrentusofGath, SpiritofEowyn, Rilwen Shadowflame, hyperspave police, WynssaStarflare, and VaderLVR64 for your wonderful, kind, sweet, lovely reviews. [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] Hugs for all!

Here's the second and last post:

Crash!

Leia rushed into the kitchen at the ominous sound of breaking glass. What had her twins done now? Leia almost cried when she saw the appalling mess waiting for her in the kitchen.

One twin?Jaina?was standing on the counter, her arms still held wide apart as if just moments ago she had been holding something in her arms. The other twin?Jacen?was standing below Jaina with a large broken jar of smooshberry scattered around his feet.

Leia gasped. ?Oh, darling! Do not move, I?ll be right back!? Leia ran to her bedroom, threw on the nearest two shoes she could find, and raced back into the kitchen skidding to a halt just in front of Jacen, crunching broken glass under her feet. ?Come here, dear.? She scooped Jacen into her arms, carrying him into the living room. She sat him down on the couch, and then went back for Jaina.

When she got back, setting Jaina down on the couch, she noticed the tears streaming down Jacen?s cheeks. ?Are you all right? Did you get glass in your foot??

Jacen nodded pitifully, lifting his left foot. Sure enough there was a small drop of blood on the heel of his foot.

?Oh, poor darling.? Leia scooped Jacen up and carried him to the ?fresher. ?Don?t worry, we?ll get that glass out, and then put on a nice Holotubby Band-Aid. Would you like that??

Jacen nodded, giving her a small smile through his silent tears.

Leia set him down on the counter in the ?fresher, then dug the tweezers out of the drawer. ?All right. Lift your foot.? Jacen did. Leia brought the tweezers to Jacen?s foot, and?

?Aaaaaaa!? Jacen let out an enormous screech.

Leia jerked back. ?I didn?t even do anything yet!?

?Well it still hurt!?

?How could it have? I didn?t touch you. Now, let?s try this again??

?Aaaaa!?

?I didn?t do anything!?

?Oh. Sorry, false alarm.? Jacen gave an innocent little grin that showed all of his teeth.

Leia rolled her eyes. ?I?m going to take the glass out, nice and quick. Now,??

Leia was interrupted by a loud crashing sound, followed by the sound of a young girl crying. ?Jaina!?

Leaving Jacen on the counter, Leia ran towards the sound of Jaina?s crying, her heart pounding in her chest. She found the young girl lying on the floor, below a hole in the ceiling. A few feet away from her, was the ladder to the attic. That was not right?the Solo?s always kept the attic closed? Apparently, Jaina had opened the attic?how she had done this, Leia couldn?t imagine?and had not known where she could step. She had fallen through some of the insulation, thinking it was solid ground.

?Jaina, are you all right?? Where was Han, why wasn?t he awake yet? How could he sleep through this racket? ?What happened, what were you doing in the attic?? Leia ran over to her daughter, but didn?t move her. She didn?t want to move her in case she had any broken bones.

Jaina sniffled, ceasing her crying. ?I was trying to get Tiddy.? The little girl climbed to her feet, seemingly un-harmed. Suddenly she broke out into a smile. ?That was fun, can I do it again?? She looked up at the hole in the ceiling eagerly.

Leia took up her daughter in a fierce hug. ?Oh, darling, you?re all right! You could have been seriously hurt! I was so worried?? Suddenly Leia realized what Jaina had said. ?No you can?t do that again! And anyway, Tiddy?s not in the attic. He?s in the washing machine.?

?Oh.? Jaina said brightly, pulling away from her mother. She skipped off, as happy as ever.

Leia on the other hand, sat down on the ground a nervous wreck. Why don?t children understand that they aren?t immortal? She looked back up at the hole in the ceiling, ten feet over her head, thanking the Force. Jaina was extremely lucky she hadn?t been hurt. It was almost as if a g

9. Rebel-at-Heart

Rebel-at-Heart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2005
    ?Bubble Nose!?

?Goopy Hair!?

?Mushroom Breath!?

?Itchy Girl!?

?Faucet Hair!?

It always amazes me how children come up with so many creative insults! Even when I told my kids they couldn't call each other names like stupid they always came up with new ones!

Thanks for the laughs! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

10. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    Rebel-at-Heart- [face_laugh] Yep. Much to my shame, it only took me a few seconds to come up with those names. [face_worried] Thanks very much for reading! [:D]

11. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Meredith_Kenobi wrote: "Aaaaaaa!" Jacen let out an enormous screech.

Leia jerked back. "I didn't even do anything yet!"

"Well it still hurt!"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Been there, done that!

Great work! I can't believe I didn't see this until now!

12. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    BrentusofGath- Yes, me too. I have a brother who is somethig of a drama queen. :rolleyes: So glad you liked it! [:D] Thanks so much for your wonderful review!

13. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    I have a brother who is somethig of a drama queen.

Aren't all guys? Me included. [face_laugh] I hate pain. I give you ladies all kinds of kudos for undergoing the terrible pain of labor. If it was up to us guys to have children, the human race would be extinct! [face_laugh]

Once again, great job! Can we expect more of Solo family humor from you? [face_batting]

14. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    More Solo family humor, huh? [face_thinking] I dunno, BrentusofGath. Possibly. Maybe. *shrugs* We'll see. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.