main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Cantina B-Day !! & Bake Sale !! Sing-Up's

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rotag21, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok Everyone,

We need to start getting this together so..........
    here we go...........
    Please post a reply to this message w/ what every it is you are going to make or bring to the Catina B-Day & Bake Sale. We all so would like to know a number of possible pieces you are bring. Say........

I'm make Chewie Cookies Im bring 2 dozen of them.

That way we have an idea of how many cookies, Cakes, ect, ect. We are going to have. That way we can know if there are to many cookies..... Say 10 dozen maybe to many for the bake sale. ( Well thats one way to look at it. lol ) That could just mean we have lots to eat after the party....lol.

Ok..........
    Let's see what we all are making.........
    :)
    SeeYa!!
    TK

2. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    One more thing......

Remember the party is on May 22nd. Thats a Saturday. Hey it also counts as a meeting.......

Seeya!!
    TK

PS. Rik how bout a TIME ??? Anyone know for sure?
    We would need some people to come early to help set up. Rik let me know.

3. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok, I'll go first ...lol :)

I'm making R2-D2 Treats which can be found in the Star Wars cook book " Wookiee Cookies". It's a frozen banana treat. I'll be making about 2 dozen of them and believe I can sell them for .50 a piece. I figure it will cost about $5.00 for the ingredients If I sell all of them I'll make $12 having a profit of $6.00. Thats not to bad. :)

I will also be making Princess Leia Danish Dos (Found in same book) We are going to spice them up abit to have a Princess Leia face on them. lol Should be funny if it works? I'll be making about 2 dozen of them as well. Most likly they also well go for .50 I may package the danish's in a group price? Still working on that.....lol

Ok......
    You have my two. Let see what everone else has.

Happy Baking !!!! :)

SeeYa!!
    TK

4. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It's not a bake sale item but I'd be willing to donate some Marvel Star Wars Comics to help raise some money.

5. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Hey Guys...

I'm gonna buy 4 dozen cupcakes, and sell them for $1.00 a piece (c'mon...it's a fund raiser...let's raise some funds!). We'll have Death Star Delights and maybe Tatooine Treats and Hoth Chocolates...I ain't got time to bake! As far as a time, I'd say I'm going to be super busy that day, so I'm gonna say the MM can show up any time after 10:00 AM (party's at 1:00 PM).

TK...It's great that you can bring a table...we could probably use another if anyone's got another, and folding chairs would be great too! All help is appreciated...

Rik

6. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    I'd like to help out and bake something but I don't really know what to bake and besides I'm not that great at cooking. I was thinking about stopping at a store on the way to the party and pick up a couple bags of chips.

7. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hi ALL!

Everything sounds good so far!!

DJ chips for great! If anyone wish's to help out with some 2liters of soda for the group that would be awesome.

I am bring some soda's but I'm bring can's so we can sell them !! & make some $$$$ LOL :)

Rik.... Did you did say you had a grill ? Right? I have a big score on some great hotdogs I thought maybe we could cook up and kick out for say $1.00 or so.....? Also did you get a chance to sent out an invite to any of the guy's in the 501st? Let me know soI can send out the word maybe post it up at the FF Cr board if it's ok with you?

Ok, so far so good. I'd like to see a few more peoples idea's on what there doing for the party posted up here... :)

ONE LAST THING !!! Please, PLEASE, PLEASE .....
    Make sure you are telling everyone about the Cantina's B-Day Party & fund raiser. Tell ALL your friend's, family, people you work with, ect. ect. ect. We'd love to have a tone or people out for the day for Rik & the store. I've been passing out Rik's card at work to everyone I talk to about Star Wars. :) I'm so good to you Rik...lol

Oh ya... Has anyone thought about dressing UP?

8. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Scott,

Please!! Make sure you send out a great big open invention to everyone in your group from ALL of use here with the MM to come join us for the Cantina's B-Day. We'd love to have them. It would be really cool to fill the place with real Star Wars fan's

SeeYa!!
    TK

And they do not have to bring anything...lol Just a smile :)

All thought we are looking to see if anyone wish to dress up!? lol That goes for everyone reading this. :)

9. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I've mentioned it to a lot of people all ready. I've also been told that some people from the RI area may be coming up.

I'd be happy to bring some soda for the party and I'll grab some folding chairs as well.

If you can think of anything else send me a PM and I'll do what I can. :)

10. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Guys...you're all going mental! Lunch is on the CANTINA...I'm going to have pizzas and sodas for any 501st, MM or guests. Don't think the hot dog thing is a good idea for this event, bro...The liability for the store if someone were to get sick, you know...I think we should stick with the bake sale for the party, and maybe have a barbecque in the back yard for the 501st and MM when the party is wrapped up (like about 5:00 PM). I know we need to raise money and all, I just kinda feel like "Hey...wanna come to my party? Good. Hot Dogs $1.00" Just kinda has a mild element of...hmmmm...sleazery...Ha ha!!

Let me treat everybody, cool?

Rik

11. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    That's very generous of you Rik. :)

12. Sabaccs_luck

Sabaccs_luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2003
    I'll ring my sabacc cards just in case.

13. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Hey gang....

I got good news and bad news...

First...The BAD NEWS...

I just talked to my contact over at the 501st New England Garrison...There won't be any appearance...
    I guess there is a big time regional 501st gathering this weekend and there are some important issues within the group, and most everyone who possibly would've come up were already committed...

Jerry (Darth Vader) offered to come up solo, but that's kinda alot of work for one cat...It's a lot different scene when you got 4 or 5 guys, you know? So I declined his generous offer, suggesting that the other event should be more of a priority for the day.

That being said, there will be no flyers going out advertising the 501st guest appearance, so, I'm going to safely say that the volume of people coming to the party will be alot lighter than last year...Friends, family, regular/semi regular customers...

So, it makes me wonder if we should scale back the bake sale, or maybe do it another time...I'm still down with it, if everybody else is (I'll still be getting the same amount of cupcakes, though!). I just hate to see everybody bake their stuff, with the volume of visitors being considerably lower, and we don't sell hardly anything...Just a thought...

Now...The GOOD NEWS...

I love you guys!! And we're still going to stuff our guts with pizza pie and soda! We're still gonna bang out some pinball! We are still...as MANCHESTER MANDALORIANs going to prevail in our pursuit of a great time! And remember guys, not only is this going to be our MANCHESTER MANDALORIANs Meet for May 2004...It's also a celebration of ONE FULL YEAR of our (obviously) special group of friends, right?

That sounds like a pretty cool day to me, guys...

Rik

14. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm really looking forward to Saturday. I may be a little late but I should be brining someone with me.

15. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Well, for my two cents I'd say that if the walk up isn't as big as expected and we have lots of food left over from the bake sale, we as a group could just chow down more so there isn't a waste! :) Just a thought...

For me, I plan to make some biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig Death Star cookies. I remember making them as a kid when the first SW cook book came out :)

See everyone this Saturday!

16. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey guys, not sure if I'll be able to bake anything for the sale. I was hoping to deo it today on my day off, but things have been really hectic lately and had to take the day to rest. Perhaps I can pick a precooked food?

Looking forward to seeing ya'll for a bit on Saturday. I have to work in the afternoon so I'll be there until 2:30ish.. unless I can get Dash ;)

17. JangoFett3263827

JangoFett3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2003
    :mad: I'm REALLY REALLY sorry but I won't be able to make it to this meeting... again. I should have mentioned this earlier but I have a baseball game to play this Saturday and I won't be able to make it. I'm really sorry guys. That would be $20 in dues I'll owe at the next meeting. Sorry.

18. Sabaccs_luck

Sabaccs_luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2003
    I've got a tub of mini cocoa marshmellow ewoks. and 7 or eight chocolate covered marshmellow asteroids (yeah asteroids, they didn't cooperate with my efforst to make them into death stars). I'll make my Banana (bantha) bread after dinner. If we don't sell a lot of stuff (or anything at all) you guys will have snacks and desserts for a while.

I don't know what time I'll get ther tomorrow. I was gonna try for ten but knowing me it will be noonish.

I've also wondered if getting off at exit four (queen city exit get's me close to the cantina without having to go brown ave. and south will direction first?

If anyone knows let me know by ten tommorrow thatks.

19. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Hey Ken...

First of all, I might be running missions in my vehicle tomorrow morning...so maybe 10:00 AM is a little early...I'd say like 11:30 AM would be better...

Exit 4 is probably better:

Take exit 4, take right onto Second St. at off ramp

Take a right onto Queen City Bridge (toward Elm St.)

keep going forward until you hit Maple St. (it's like a couple streets after you cross So. Willow St.)

Take a left onto Maple (one way) and after 1 or 2 miles

Take Right onto Laurel St. and you're here!

Call if ya get lost, Ken

Rik

20. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Man, I'm sorry I missed things today. I was helping a friend pack up her dorm room and it took way longer than we thought it would.

I hope you all had a good time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.