main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp CANTINA - New England's Only Exclusive SW Shop - CLOSING

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RikSMaximus, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    That's right gang...sorry to say...it's the end of the line...roll the credits and play the dramatic ending theme music....I have had to make hard decisions with regards to CANTINA....it's not easy for me....but the truth of the matter is, I looked at my main checking account today, and there was like $20.00 in there, after I had just paid for a $850.00 order from my distributor...

Alot of work, with no reward. Not just no reward, but a financial vortex...And Beth, Terrence and I...we don't get to have weekends together like other families....someone always has to be in the shop...no camping....no weekends at the beach...and Terrence is 8 years old now, and I'm not prepared to sacrifice the rest of his childhood for a nowhere venture...

Two and a half years in...and I really really wanted to make it to Episode III...and even stick it out another year beyond that....but I had to draw the line somewhere, and it will be drawn December 31st, 2004. I want to say thank you to everyone who did the best they could to support us...you'll never know how much it meant to us...and especially to the Manchester Mandalorians...I know that this puts a strain on the group, as this was the homebase for us...so my apologies...I can only hope that an alternative home base can be found...

So it is with great regret that I need to lay this out there...we've had some great times in our "little Death Star gift shop"...great discussions...lotta laughs...I hope that I will still get to see you from time to time, as packing up the shop and attempting to clear it for future rental/use will be a very time consuming project...and I'm not sure how active I will be able to be within the group...Once again, my thanks to the enthusiasm and support that I've gotten...it warms my heart....and I will catch ya all at some point...Love ya!!

Rik

2. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
  3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :( :_|

I'm so sorry to hear that. I was really hoping to make it up there when I got back to school. Now I'll never get to see it! Sigh. I completely understand though. Best of luck to you. :)

4. Darth-Jaguar

Darth-Jaguar Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2000
    Sorry to hear it. Decisions like that are hard, especially when you put a lot into it and have good memories with it all. Wish I was able to get up there and see the place. I was hoping to ask my dad to stop by with me, but since he died almost 2 months ago I wasn't able to get up there.

5. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Two words: This sucks.

I totally understand the reason behind it Rik, and it's too bad that there wasn't enough support to keep it going. I remember when I first went into the store, it totally blew me away. It was so cool!! Rik had put so much work into the appearance and it showed.

At least you gave it a go Rik, and gave it your best shot. As for a meeting place for us, I'm sure that we will survive and find a place. Not likely a place with as much atmosphere and charm, but a place nonetheless. I'll have alot of fond memories of the place, especially all the great people that I have met because of the store!

6. Sabaccs_luck

Sabaccs_luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2003
    Nope, nope, nope. Completely unacceptable.
    You do not have my permission to do this. :)

Wish there was some way the MMs could save/run the Cantina for you.

7. Wenji_Mamanc

Wenji_Mamanc Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2003
    Looks up and over the mounds of Microsoft certification study guides and as fists pound the desktop yells... dammit, dammit, damnnn!!!!
    Rik, I told you months ago to stop buying so much product and advertise with some of that money.... I could just beat you with a handful of wet noodles.
    At the very least I wish you had been the one to let me know and not have had to hear it thru the grapevine. I didnt spend months developing the website and everything else (at no real cost to you) to learn of it this way.
    Jim

8. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Jim...can't tell ya how many times I call, and either you are not there, or the line is busy from online activities...and the truth of the matter is, the decision was literally made the day I posted, so it's not like weeks and weeks had gone by...and besides!! I'm not planning on shutting down the website, bro!! LOL

By the way gang...I've decided that the shop is now officially OUT OF BUSINESS...CANTINA will not be open for Dec 30th & Dec 31st....too much going on...too much to do...Sorry guys!! I'll catch ya soon...

Rik

9. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Hey Rik,

I'm really sorry to hear about the store.it was fantastic and I'm sorry I wasn't able to get up there more. :(

Will you at least get to keep all of that inventory? ;)

10. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Are you going to try to sell what inventory you have through the web (ie: your website or on eBay)?

11. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Well, the inventory is bought and paid for, so yup...it's mine to keep....No big "going out of business" sale or anything....as far as the internet, yeah...I'm hoping to do something with it on ebay or something...it's going to take at least a year to catalog and store everything though...so that is my priority right now...

Rik

12. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I already put in my request for Rik to hold a few things for me :) hehehe

13. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    Rik I can't tell you how sad this makes me feel. I loved being a part of the group and all you guys are really great. I totally understand your situation and you deserve to have time with your family. I know that this was your dream to have a Star Wars store and I'm sad to see that dream die. I wish we could've done something to save the CANTINA. I love Star Wars and I joined the group to be with other people that feel the same way. I really don't want the group to die because I like hanging out with you guys. I've been out of it for a little while because I got sick before Christmas. Then my mother got sick so I didn't get a chance to go on the computer to see what was going on. I know you always thought that the store wasn't much but I always thought that it was great. I'm going to miss you guys and not being able to hang out together. We had a lot of great times at the store and it was fun while it lasted. Don't worry Rik the CANTINA will live on in our hearts. hopefully I'll see you guys around sometime. I have one question Rik you put the Clone War Cartoon cards aside for me and also the stormtrooper minibust. Jason and I stopped in to the store before christmas to buy the latest Star Wars insider and Beth put aside one of the Luke Skywalker minibusts. She told me that you had taken Terrence to a movie. There's another thing I want to mention you and Jim worked real hard to make the Manchester Mandalorians one of the best groups around and if it wasn't for you and jim we wouldn't be on FanForce. That's something that I will never forget.

14. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey DJ, even though the Cantina is closing, I don't think this spells the end of the Mandalorians. We just need to find a new meeting place, and that will probably be the main topic of our next meeting. Where that will be, well, we can throw some ideas around here. But I wouldn't count the Mandalorians out yet.

15. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    DJ...Whatever you got on hold at the shop....it's still there kid!! So just give me a call...We'll set something up....Everything is cash only from this point on though...New number in the shop is 647-1036

Rik

16. jedimasterkyle1

jedimasterkyle1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Sorry to see the store go.

17. JediMasterKate

JediMasterKate Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    I doubt Rik even remembers me, but I was a fan of his store. I am sorry about the closing of his store, and I will always cherish the cantina t-shirt friom his store. I especially will always remember the time when I found one of my favorite graphic novels there about Luke and Maras wedding. I remember how cheerful and enthusiatic he was running his store. My brother JediMasterKyle1, always bought his star wars insiders there. I especially will never forget the time when Rik, was talking to my dad about star wars, and my dad didn't even know the difference between Spock and Luke Skywalker, even that they were two completely different galaxies.

Cantina
    R.I.P.
    2002-2004

18. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I know I'm late on this info... But it really sucks. I've wanted to go down and see that store ever since it opened, but never was able too :( I completely understand your reasons though. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.