main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CANTINA - New England's Only STAR WARS Exclusive Shop

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by RikSMaximus, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Rik -

I will definitely try to stop by sometime. I don't live too far from Manchester, and actually will be in the area a few times in the coming weeks. I'm not a big collector, but I'd love to stop by and see what you've got!

Vertical

2. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    I can't wait to make it up to this shop! I remember u came up to the midnight opening of toys r us for episode 2 toys and were telling me and some of the other fans about it!

3. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Hey guys...thanks alot for the support...it is definitely appreciated. To be honest, I'm looking forward to seeing some fresh faces and getting into those great SW conversations. Once again guys, I'm quite proud of this technological terror I've constructed, but we're not packing any vintage stuff currently. Come on down with an open mind, and you'll dig it. There are still some parts of the shop that are "works in progress". Like the outside of the shop...don't let it fool you....she might not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid....

Rik

4. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    And don't forget the store hours!! Nothing would be worse than stopping by the shop and it's closed!!

Thu 12pm - 8pm
    Fri 12pm - 8pm
    Sat 12pm - 8pm
    Sun 12pm - 6pm

CLOSED Mon-Tues-Wed

5. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Sat 12pm - 8pm
    perfect. Our meets never start before 11.

6. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Just in case any one is interested, I just got in an order of ANAKIN SKYWALKER FX LIGHTSABERS by Master Replica. I think they'll be retailing at like $129.00 or so...and unfortunately I'll only be in the shop until like 3:00 pm this Saturday and Sunday (11/23 + 11/24). My wife Beth will be watching the shop in my absence. I just had the opportunity to work some OT on second shift both days, and just couldn't say no...

Rik

7. BH-1171

BH-1171 Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2002
    Sorry if my comment offended you Rik but man lighten up... nothing was meant by the comment. All I meant to say was we cannot advertise for a retailer. That simple. Please don't try to read hidden messages into anything I say. Appearances are one thing...advertising your business is another thing completely. When we do that, we basically say that we support and endorse your business...well...no offense but ol' Uncle George hasn't asked us to do this so I don't think it'd be too wise for us to. ;)

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I have been sitting in the shadows on this thread for sometime, I feel the need to step in. Rik we have rules on this message board about advertising and selling, we don't allow either. I feel that your store is a great thing, I wish I lived in that area, your store sounds great! But according to our rules you can't advertise what you are selling. If I can offer some advice, start a mailing list for your store to keep people updated on new inventory and sale items. I would hate to scare you off becasue I have to be the Big Bad Wolf, I just hope you understand where I am coming from.

9. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Hey Rox...First of all, allow me to apologize w/regards to mentioning the CANTINA or some of the new items in stock. I absolutely had no ill intentions, and in my enthusiasm to spread the word to some of the fans in New England, I didn't even consider the fact that I might be going against the grain, here. Is there an area where I can check out the "official protocol", because it looks like I'll be hosting the New Hampshire FanForce meetings here and there, and I'm curious as to whether I can talk about events at CANTINA without actually advertising or mentioning product...

Once again, please accept my apologies

Rik Grenier
    Owner
    CANTINA

10. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    The JC Terms of Service- http://boards.theforce.net/tos.asp

I think talking about that stuff with regards to a meet doesn't go against any rules as long as its welcome. I mean, if someone comes to this board, creates a new thread, and tries to sell us Jedi Outcast like we are ebay- that is against the rules. You are quite unique indeed.

11. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Yeah, as long as you dont talk about prices and merchandise I think your all set.Talking about holding your meets there,and what you are gonna do at the meets is cool.

12. Jedi_Ben_Skywalker

Jedi_Ben_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Hehehehe...... My sis is transfering, hopefully, from Northeastern in Boston to a colledge in Mancester...... so hopefully, sometime soon, I can come visit. That would really, really rock!

13. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    That'd be great, Jedi Ben....Hope to see you soon. May I ask what college she'll be attending here?

Rik

14. Jedi_Ben_Skywalker

Jedi_Ben_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Saint A's- not sure what the A stands for. Agatha? Anselm? Agnes?

15. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    The "A" is Anslem...Saint Anslem's College. That's cool....just across town from us...

Rik

16. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    By the way....I just want to apologize w/regards to trying to get the word out about CANTINA. I don't really hang on the computer so much, and Force.net is the first site like this I've really spent any time on. I didn't realize that what I was doing was really not cool with regards to the rules here, and I meant no harm. I hope you all can accept my apology and not hold it against me....

Rik
    CANTINA

17. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Apology accepted.

(I'm a member as well BTW) :D

18. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    No apology needed.

19. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Ohhhh, Rebeeeelllllls....

I just got home from our first NH FF meet!!! :D Go up to the Cantina some time and you guys'll be blown away by the sheer volume of cool stuff in there. Be a perfect place for an FF get-together some time. ;) Don't know what else I can say without making it sound like spam, but with Rik's considerable help, our first meet was a qualified success.

20. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    glad you guys had fun. One of these meets the Rebels will join you guys up there. That place sounds really cool.

21. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I can't wait to see this place!!

22. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, I'll post some driving directions later when I can get a peek at a map. :D

23. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    And heeeeere they are! :D

Take I-93 north to Manchester - Exit 6. Get off there and bang a left onto Candia Road. Go down till you hit a major intersection with Mammoth Road, bang a right and go north.

If you hit Lake Ave., great. If you miss it, Hanover St. is equally accessible. Bang a left onto either street and head west.

From Lake Ave.: Bang a right onto Lincoln St. and head north for two blocks, then bang another left onto Laurel St. The Cantina will be half a block down on your left.

From Hanover St.: Bang a left onto Belmont St. and go south to Laurel St. Bang a right onto Laurel and the Cantina will be 2.5 blocks down on your left.

There's on-the-street parking on both sides, so have at it. And need I tell you to enjoy your stay??? :D

24. sith_lord21

sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    hey rik, do u guys have the darth vader fx lightsaber from master replicas??? and the interactive rs d2??? i want to get mine cheap!!!!!!!!

25. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    That was rude!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.