main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CANTINA - New England's Only STAR WARS Exclusive Shop

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by RikSMaximus, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    There is an FX lightsaber, and there is such an R2, but they cost an arm and a leg. Of course, with all the moolah you claim to be rolling in, that should be a piece of cake. I think Rik would appreciate the business.

2. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    First of all....Sebulby...thank you for your kind words regarding CANTINA...It's that kind of enthusiasm that reminds me why I created this technological terror in the first place! SITH, I've been told that I can't discuss prices or merchandise here, so I will attempt to email you the desired info if that's cool with you...and it's not an arm and a leg!! Most stuff is regular retail, with a few select items being a little more...Thanks for the support guys...

Rik
    Owner
    CANTINA

3. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Boosting this to amend the driving directions (just in case anybody wants to join us for the Echo Base meet next Sat.) ;) I had to deliver a bus to a repair shop in Manchester this morning and spotted a potential wrong turn.

When you're approaching Manchester, make sure you stay on I-93--Do Not Get Onto 293 At The Interchange. Stick to the right lanes and you'll hit Exit 6 in about half a mile, if that.

4. sith_lord21

sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    hey do u guys have anyone vintage star wars action figures or vehicles?

5. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    I don't...but some of the older people in the group might.

(no offense) :D

6. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I have lots of Vintage figures.

7. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I would just like to remind everyone not to mention merchandise or pricing in this thread. If you would like to know what the story carries possibly a PM or email would be more appropriate. ;)
    thnx

8. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    I've been good, Strawbary!! I've been good!! I'm glad to see the enthusiasm, but like Strawbary said, I can't really discuss the merchandise or prices in the shop, unfortunately. I consider myself very lucky that Strawbary & Co. haven't given this thread the Alderaan treatment (Thank You!), and have allowed the info about my humble little shop reach other New England fans. The NHFF (Echo Base) just held our 4th meeting last night, and it looks like there will be a collaborative effort to put together a web site soon, though it will definitely not be a full blown retail site. There will be information about me and CANTINA, some pictures, directions, etc. Strawbary, is there any where at TheForce.net that I could actually advertise a site like that? Just curious....

Rik Grenier - Owner
    CANTINA
    225 Laurel St.
    Manchester NH 03103
    603-626-JEDI
    CANTINACOMICS@aol.com

9. JangoFett3263827

JangoFett3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2003
    Hey Bostonians! First of all, love the banner. I'm glad I'm not the only Red Sox/Star Wars fanatic(fanatic, not fan, fans don't join online forums, we fanatics do)in the galaxy.

You guys have probably heard a lot of things about the Cantina, but that hardly does it any justice whatsoever. This place is not able to be described by any human tongue(not even Threepio) but I'll try anyways. I have gone to this place 6 or 7 times and I still feel like I'm going in for the first time every day I go. This place has Episode 1 pinball, books, videos, DVD's, action figures, action figures, action figures, and... oh yeah, I forgot action figures. I used to think that the souvenir store across from Fenway was the best store in the world... until, of course I went to the Cantina. Rik has really outdone himself and, in my opinion is just one notch below the main-in-plaid, George Lucas. Our next meeting is Feb 22 if anyone wants to drop in.

10. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    What time is the meet?

11. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    We usually start around 5 - 6:00 pm. Not exactly ideal for you Rebels/Rhode Squadron folk unless you planned to stay somewhere overnight.

12. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Hey Jango...thanks for the kind words...When I see that kind of excitement, it makes it worth while (but at the same time, now people might expect too much!). It really is a pretty small shop, but it's cool...And guys, we're only like an hour from Boston, and the meeting Feb. 22 starts at 6:00 PM (feel free to pop up early if ya like!). I may have to wrap it up at about 9:00 PM because of unforseen events. But we're working on making the meetings run smoother, right Sebulb? Right...Anyways, hope to see you all there!

Rik

13. Lyta_Skywalker

Lyta_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    We are always looking for ways to get the meetings to run smoothly Rik ;), hopefully we will get there. Any and everyone is invited to the meetings, though I understand that 6ish can be a bit late, especially driving up from Boston, though you are all more than welcome to join us.

Jaded

14. slappy

slappy Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2003
    Hey there Boston,

My name is Chris and I'm from Lowell. I recently ventured out to Cantina and let me tell you it is well worth the trip. Never mind that it is possibly the cleanest comic/hobby store I've ever seen. Never mind the fact that most of the Lego sets were actually CHEAPER than the ones I had seen in KB Toys a few days earlier. Never mind the massive collection of magazine back issues and comic books (what I was looking for, by the way). The best reason to go is the owner himself.

Rik is a very nice guy. Business was slow so he spent time helping me look for my random crap I'm sure he could have cared less about. On top of that, I convinced a friend of mine named Sarah to go with me and although I expected her to be bored and full of complaints she would at least be company for the drive. But fortunre smiled on me and Rik actually gave her a few free games of pinball. Leaving her quiet and me free to browse.

All I can say is that it is well worth the drive from MA.

Chris Pyne

15. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Hey gang! It's been awhile since I posted, and I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm having a little anniversary party for the CANTINA to celebrate 1 year of "serving your kind". We're going to have pizza & soda, free Episode I pinball tournament (w/prizes), raffle/door prizes...and, it's official...

We'll be getting a visit from members of the 501st New England Garrison! They'll be doing photo's to benefit the Jimmy Fund, which to me is reason enough to come up! Anyways, if you can make it, it's going to be Saturday, May 24th, 2003 at 12:00 pm. Pizzas will start arriving at about 1:00 pm, and it has been undetermined at this point what time the 501st will arrive, but it will probably be in the early afternoon (check the "TRANSMISSIONS" page at www.swcantina.com). Hope to see ya there!

Rik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.