main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Cantina Scene

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DNateos, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DNateos

DNateos Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 21, 2012
  2. HugoWanKenobi

HugoWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2013
    I'm not sure that we need another cantina... at least in AOTC it was kind of a sports bar, maybe in VII could it be, let's say, a table dance?

DNateos likes this.
  3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  4. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    If they go back to Tatooine I would be happy to see the old cantina and like the same band has been there for 30 years playing the same song :p

Luke'sSeveredHand and TKT like this.
  5. DNateos

Nov 21, 2012
    No I didn't, didn't even read the whole thread there. Well deleted if so.

6. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Cantina scene? What about an Irish Pub scene?

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  7. DNateos

Nov 21, 2012
    I just love this people. All crave for something new but when it´s handed to them they start crying about wanting old stuff, something they can relate to.

HugoWanKenobi likes this.
  8. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    if this were real it sounds cool. the fun of the old with some progression in character. maybe chewie has gotten grumpy in his old years. han still is an old pirate. clever quips, bring it on.

DNateos likes this.
  9. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    What a revisit to the Cantina from ANH? Not for me. That would be akin to seeing Chewy in ROTS. An 'Oh for crying out loud!' moment

HugoWanKenobi likes this.
  10. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Weren't the Healer Twins Hired for some scenes when they filmed In the Midlle East?,

Who Are The Healer Twins and Why Are They In Star Wars: Episode 7?

[​IMG]
    Thea and Liana Shengelaya, “The Healer Twins,” are band-mates and med students. So why were they filming in Abu Dhabi? After the jump we’ll delve further into this interesting tid-bit.

Our friends at JediNews have broken a rumor about the twins apparently filming scenes for four days on Episode VII:

[​IMG]

What we know for sure is that the Twins were born in Georgia and reside in Abu Dhabi. As we all know JJ and co. is currently shooting in the Abu Dhabi desert on a set that is very reminiscent of Tatooine as his short video from yesterday would suggest.

It is posible they could be singers in a cantina type scene?.....

11. HugoWanKenobi

HugoWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2013
    Might be the chance for the purists to have Han shooting first again, but for us the rest of the world it screams REHASH!!!

Jcuk likes this.
  12. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    I think it'll be Chewbacca in Han's role. Ripping the guy's arm off seems pretty harsh but in line what Han did with Greedo. Especially if Ridley's character is Han's daughter, I imagine Chewie would be really protective. And I could see Chewie just decapitating this dude that is giving her a hard time, walking away and not giving a care in the world. But that's assuming this cantina scene is a legit rumor/spoiler.

13. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Do we think Chewie might be ripping the arm off of a cyborg? Perhaps one that is played by Max von Sydow and tells Daisy about the lightsaber, then calls in the bad guys, and now Daisy is back with Chewie for information and revenge?

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  14. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    It wouldn't bother me at all to revisit the Mos Eisley Cantina. Heck, they did a sports bar and 50's diner in the prequels.

DNateos likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope it's an old west bar and Ian McShane reprises his Al Swearingen role calling everyone a ****sucker.

Just to **** with people.

16. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I would love to see the Mos Eisley Cantina again. With the EU out the window Bith could live a long time and the band just might be back. I would like to hear similar songs and maybe just as they leave the cantia, the original song starts to play.

Remember, SW is supposed to be lighthearted. Nothing wrong with a little nostalgia and cameos.

SkywalkerOG, coxie0520 and DNateos like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.