main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Carb, IL Cape Comic Con

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by rodan70, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, I hope everyone is planning on coming out to the Cape Comic Con in April. We will be having a get togather the saturday night. We will also have a table, I think.

2. MasterCpatch

MasterCpatch Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2007
    When is it and where?

3. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    The Cape Girardeaux Comic Con is next weekend April 21 & 22.

I will post place, time and direction, and what time our fanforce is leaving to caravan to the con.

4. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Okay - the Comic Con is at The Student Rec Center at 926 Broadway in Cape Girardeau. Looks like Doors open at 9 A.M. both Sat. and Sunday. It's $3 to get in, game players (Warhammer, Pokemon etc) pay $10 for all weekend play. Rodan70 has a table there for us and the St. Louis Fanforce and 501st wants to hookup and party down with all of us there Saturday afternoon and evening. Denny O'Neil, Editor and writer will be there for us Batman fans.

The local Theater there has a midnight showing of SpaceBalls Sat. nite, which should be an hysterically good time with a bunch of Star Wars nuts like us. I'm thinking Star Wars meets Rocky Horror, and we should have a swell time.

5. Tabris7

Tabris7 Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2007
    Unfortunately, due to the high school prom going on Saturday and me working at a place largely staffed with high schoolers, I have to work this Saturday night and if I went during the afternoon I'd have to leave by, at the latest, 3 o'clock to get back to Vienna in time for my work, so I'd have to go really early to make it worth the trip...and that's not my cup of tea so more than likely I won't be making it. [that was a long sentence]

6. cvillevader

cvillevader Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
    It was great to meet all of you guys. I had a blast, i wanted to stay at the bbq longer but unfortunatley i had WAAAAAAAAAYY too much to do today, so i had to head home early.

btw, lord palpatine........

i had some chex mix on the ride home, it tasted..........plesant, lol,

keep in touch guys :)

~Ryan

7. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    It was absolute blast to meet and hang out with you guys!!

Can't wait to do it again someday and if any of you find yourselves in St. Louis, be sure to let us know. :D

8. Gabrin_Kinoda

Gabrin_Kinoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2006
    Euwwwwww...you had to go there didn't you???

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the good times--we'll have to do it again soon!!

--Susan (the chick in the Visas Marr costume) :D

9. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    That was an absolute blast! I can't wait to do that again!

10. MasterCpatch

MasterCpatch Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2007
    AND I MISSED IT ALL, SON OF A MONKEY!!!! I have to subdue my anger, dark side.... NO!!! I will not turn, I am a JEDI!!!

11. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I thought I would post this picture since we all are in costume. Members of the Carbondale and Paducah and St. Louis FFs are included. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.