main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Cape Girardeau Comic Con - April 21 - 22

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedi_runya, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabrin_Kinoda

Gabrin_Kinoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2006
    I'm taking a week of vacation that week before because--well--I know me, and I'll probably procrastinate and need that week to finish stuff up!

Oh, and I saw the best quote today from Dave Barry:
    "There is a very thin line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'"

If that doesn't fit me, I don't know what does. ;)

2. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I love the quote!! I totally agree. LOL

3. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Received this from Ken today:

Hi Christina,

The cape Girardeau Comic Con has a new venue. The Student Rec Center at 926 Broadway. Better floor plan, pariking et al. Please pass the word. The website will have the change asap.

Ken

So everybody going needs to update the change of address! :D

4. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey Guys,
    The Paducah Imperials ff will be there as well. We will pretty much just be trooping, although we might have a table also, haven't quite decided yet. Anyway, hope to see you guys there, we always love to meet up with fellow fanforcers. We'll be staying overnite Saturday so maybe we can all get together. pv

5. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Hello! We are actually working out something with the group from Carbondale for (hopefully) Saturday evening. It would awesome if we all could meet up. This should be fun, and I look forward to meeting everyone. :D

We could have a FF dinner or something if you are interested.

6. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    We'll figure something out, the theater there in town is for some reason having a midnite showing of Spaceballs that Saturday nite, so we are going to that as well. See you guys at the con! pv

7. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Cool, more new friends! :D

8. cvillevader

cvillevader Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
    im not going to make the caravan, i have a buddy that im picking up on the way....kinda screws up my route, oh well.

i will be at the 501st table, WOOHOO, my membership was approved....ill see all of you rebel scum down there :p

9. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    I am sure we can meet up at sometime.

10. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Thanks for letting us know and we will see you there! :D

11. Imperial_Sniper

Imperial_Sniper Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2007
    Not sure if i can make it or not, no. 1 issue is driving, i can but i can't, (minor case of narcolepsy [face_worried] ) I can get my Driving license, have a permit, but don't really want to, and can't really with a good conciance, the whole falling asleep at the wheel type problem... anyway, no. 2 issue is i'm pretty involved with the GSL Ren Faire, so i maybe tied up that weekend. but, if i can possibly carpool with someone, and I'm not busy that weekend, I'd love too!

12. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    There's a chance that I'll be in town that weekend, so I may day trip it too.

13. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Keep us posted guys, so we can meet up!

14. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    If you could make it my house in Kirkwood, you are welcome to join Leash and me...

15. Imperial_Sniper

Imperial_Sniper Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2007
    That shouldn't be a problem, and I'm muchly grateful for the offer. ummm, if i do make it, the only ready-costume i have is my trooper armor, would there be room for it? just wondering.

16. Gabrin_Kinoda

Jan 2, 2006
    Does anyone have any hotel reservations yet? I looked on Mapquest, and I didn't see any hotels in close proximity to the event site--just a handful off I-55...

17. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Susan, I know that Leash and I are not staying overnight. I figured we would stay later, if we can get something set up to meet with some of the other Fan Forcers that are going to be there, but right now, I rather drive the two hours home vs. renting a room. I am cheap. :D

18. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    I'm with Christina. I am cheap too and prefer my bed. LOL!

19. Darian_Ordo

Darian_Ordo Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2006

Quite understandable. Sadly for us, we are an extra 2 hours away so it is better for us to crash out for the night and head home after some rest. Plus my mom and our daughter are going with us and being picked up my my uncle and heading further south to visit them. I think we still have phone numbers but if someone wants to pm me or Susan with them so we can hook up when we get there that would be great.

20. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I can understand that. I will PM you mine. :D Only a couple of weeks left!

21. Darian_Ordo

Darian_Ordo Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2006
    Tell me about it. I have to get some time to work on my Mando helmet and repair my light-pike. Susan and I were dueling during the St. Patties parade in Springfield when one of the PVC parts snapped leaving my pike in two peices.

22. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Howdy from the SIJO Fanforce in Carbondale!

Our RSA Rodan70 and all of us are looking forward to getting together with all of you at the con. For some of us the drive is about the same as yours - but Cape has a lot to offer around town after the con so a lot of fun can be had together. If they have a Spaceballs showing, that may be great fun!

The Paducah people are great troopers and their costumes are second-to-none in the Imperial Armor department. Midwest Star Wars fans are some of the most dedicated I've met and this con should be a great time for all. The SIJO fanforce and the Paducah Imperials really had a fantastic time at the small con we had in Metropolis in February, so we hope this event is more of the same - and it's always terrific to hook-up with local fanforces.

23. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I know I can hardly wait to meet all of you!! :D

24. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    I can't wait to meet everyone also! Only ten more days, wow!

25. Gabrin_Kinoda

Jan 2, 2006
    So what is the plan? Where and when are we going to get together? We are heading down on Friday afternoon and getting a room for the night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.