main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI Cape help

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by claycmu, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claycmu

claycmu Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2006
    I have a lighter cape to help with heat, still looks ligit, but I am making a thicker one too. My question is how do you strap on the cape. I have been using a metal chain and the little brass hook, but it never stays in one place and always shifts to one side or the other, not the picture perfect placement I have seen on other Vaders. I purchase the "black chain" on ebay, but its only plastic and guessing just for show. Do you mount buttons near the neck line? Any suggustions would be great! Long Live the Dark Side!

2. pfont2

pfont2 Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2006
    Do you put the little brass hook through the chain or over it???
    If you are putting the chain under the hook it wont stay in place for one and you will end up scratching your armor up also. Use the plastic chain for your cape. If your collar on the cape has openings on both sides just run the plastic chain through it and lock it toghether, then make sure you turn it so the ends are at the back of the collar. If the collar is not open then figure out the length that you will need to be able to fit it over your head and add a little extra and have it sewn on to the cape. Where do you live maybe I can help you if you don't live to far away??

Phil

3. claycmu

claycmu Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2006
    Cannonsburg/Murray Lake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.