main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Capricon 2006

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities' started by Han_Jones, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Han_Jones

Han_Jones Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2005
    Capricon is the second week in Feb. This is a small con but it is the first of the new season. I has been hardcore in the past but last year was lame and most people got to drink. I don't drink but it is still a good time time when the room parties get crazy. So far Steven, nate, kustus, hawkbat and my self are going. It is a good time to test costumes and see what needs to be done with them before DC06. I hope the pic of capricon04 will be up soon. This was the year of the carbon freezing chamber. The pic ended up in the insider. The record for latest night ever was set...we did not return to the room till 6am. That topped DC03 buy 3 hours. I have a room but many are still avalable for others who want to start down the con path. I would assume Kent is wanting to go but I have not heard. To all other stay away from angry bearded jedi and one armed women and you willhave a good time.

2. Illd_Saber

Illd_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    Is this an invote open to members of both groups? I checked the Capricon web site and it looks like something I might be interested in.

3. Han_Jones

Han_Jones Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2005
    Yes, I get a room reservation but wait to register at the con.

4. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    Just curious, but why register at the con? The site says it is $40 before Jan. 21 and $70 at the event.

5. TT_Boy

TT_Boy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2004
    because the con is not that good unless you want to go into the exhibitors hall. For the most part is a party con.

6. DaRtHKuStEs

DaRtHKuStEs Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    LOL....the bearded jedi. This con is gonna be my first and it is going to be awesome even if it isn't the best con becuz i will get to meet some new people.

7. Han_Jones

Han_Jones Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2005
    I called a good freing in chicago and it seem you need a con badge to get into room parties. I have never been checked so that is why I asked it. The con basically is about books and roleplaying games. I am not interested in either. We were going to try to go without badges but I don't want to risk it. If you are going Brad let me know and we will hook up there. We ususally go up in the morning and go over to the mall or whatever because nothing gets started there till the night.

8. DaRtHKuStEs

DaRtHKuStEs Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    How do I register to get a badge?

9. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    Here's a page with info.

10. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    Perhaps you guys can enlighten me, but what's the interest at this con?

I read through the special events schedule and nothing jumped out at me as terribly interesting. Is this just for the parties like you said? Is there any part of this worth attending?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.