Chic, IL CapriCon Volunteer Thread

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by JediAutobot, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    We will do the Con Suite again only when you agree to sit and check badges the entire time. :)
  2. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]Thats just cruel.[/color]
  3. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    And volunteering us to do the Con Suite again isn't?
  4. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]Thats what I was talking about ;)[/color]
  5. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
    NOT BADGE CHECKING!!!!

*gives in*

Alright fine, but Only if I have someone to talk to. Or to make sit there when I wanna go do something. Like Peaches. Peaches was real handy.
  6. Darth_Banky Jedi Padawan

Words cannot adequately describe the job you folks did.

It was the best Con Suite I have ever seen in my life.

Revel in your accomplishments, they were quite large. (and pity the fools who have to try to follow that one up!)

--
    Dave McCarty
    Chairman Capricon XXIV
    Ower of life debt to Chicago Force
  7. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
    w00t!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!

Hey! That picture of me and Peaches is SOOO wrong, yet soo true....

Thankfully no one has made any cracks about it...
    Yet....
  8. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    Dave, thanks for all your support and enthusiasm, it made a huge difference and helped us power through the icky ?let?s go kill ourselves and get it over with? moments. :D

(and pity the fools who have to try to follow that one up!)

*snort*

They tried and failed?

No. They tried and died.

~H~
  9. DarthShauna Jedi Padawan

Hooah!
    Thanks for the support Dave! The hugs and thank yous definitely helped keep me from trying to lash my paintbrush onto the carbon chamber so I could fall onto it.
    -shauna
  10. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    ....okay, the incendiaries are in place at Dave's garage, Hazmatt. Just give the word. ;)

Seriously, though, it was great fun, and I'm sorry I wasn't more help in the preparatory stages. *sigh* Y'all did some fine work!

It was worth falling on my butt to have been a part of this.

11. DarthShauna Jedi Padawan

Hey to everyone,

I don't suppose in the post-apocalypse that was unpacking after Capricon, that anyone recalls seeing my paintbrushes. I'm talking about the long, skinny artist ones I was painting the mural with, vs. the big "house painter" paintbrushes. I was cleaning the old apartment (I have all the glue off my floors at last!) and I couldn't find them. These brushes are actually mine, vs. stuff I bought for Cap, so I'm pretty keen to get them back. If you recall seeing them, or have them, please let me know. I thought I'd put them with the stuff heading to my place, but I don't actually recall anything about the brushes after I gave them a final washing in the sink as we were packing up on Sunday.

They could have ended up in: Hawkbat's minivan, Dave's garage, or any other sundry places.

Also, I have many extra tools; scredrivers, plyers, and more glue for glueguns than is holy to possess. So, if anyone is missing any favorite tools, let me know, and you can stop by and get them.

Thanks!

-Shauna

12. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    The reimbursement checks will be delivered into my sweaty hands tomorrow morning at 10:00am. I will be handing these out at the Anniversary Party next Saturday. If you need me to mail these to you, or you would like me to give your check to someone you want to designate please let me know before the party. If you are sure that you worked a 12 hour shift and do not see your name on the list below, please contact me IMMEDIATELY. Thank you for your patients.

This is the list of checks I was given over the phone:

BobaFemme
    Caroline
    Cousin Richie
    Destiny Froste
    Devon (Shauna's Bro)
    Dinel
    Dr. Rex
    FlippingYodaCola
    Hazmatt
    Hawkbat
    Keith (Shauna's Dad)