main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Capricon XXI

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Stardreamer, Dec 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    Here's a bit of news on the Capricon front.... the sleeping rooms have been reserved. :D I made the reservations earlier this week, two rooms with two double beds in each. Non-smoking (hope that's not a problem for anyone), and I did request that they be connected.

Since we have a lounge for the party coming to us, I did =not= arrange for these rooms to be on the "party floors".

The rooms are reserved for Friday and Saturday nights at the con, which is when I expect most CF attendees will be there.

So who all is coming, anyway? :D

Thom

2. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Well, I mailed my registration money on November 27 and am looking forward to the convention.

Phil

3. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    I'm registered and will be there. And don't be frightened, folks. I'll be much less desperate and much more appropriate than at WindyCon. ;) Seriously. I promise.

4. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    I just thought I'd bump this, since it's approaching quickly.

5. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I'll be there Friday thru Sunday. I haven't decided yet if I'll take that Friday off or not--I'm leaning toward not--but if I do, I'll come up Friday late morning/afternoon. Otherwise, I'll drive up Friday after work and stay through the weekend.

Party room: Heather and I are working on it. Heather totally busted a head or two and made stuff happen. We should know what's down this Sunday. Heather's da bomb. Let's be clear on this.

Heather's also da bomb because she was talking party action on both Friday and Saturday night. How whack is dat?! She's a machine!

Matt

6. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Well, it pays to have connections. =)

As for the two parties, that only worked last year becuase I took the day off on Friday and decorated while you guys were off goofing around at work. It was more of a casual party, but it kinda set us up for Saturday.

I'm leaning towards taking Friday off, so we may be able to pull it off again, especially if we have lots of people to help.

Hopefully by this weekend we will know about the party room and can start planning our decorating.

~H~

7. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I would be happy to assist on both days. I'm 95% sure that I will be attending. I will know by the Jan 16th for sure. Please tell me if there is anything I can do to help from a distance.

8. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    I will also be happy to help. Since I'll be driving not flying if I can bring anything let me know. Only one caveat: I don't want anything to do with foam!

9. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Note: don't ask jedigal to bring the rabid dogs.

10. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Yeah, I'd rather someone handle that chore.

You missed the foam, JJ. It was..... fun, actually, but cleaning up after it was a less than sublime experience.

11. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I'll be there!!! Purchased my plane tickets today! I'll arrive in Chicago about 3:15 on Friday!

Looking forward to it - should be good fun if it goes anything like Windycon! And I miss all you CFers! :)

12. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    I miss you, too. :)

Phil

13. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    I also miss my smilies.

Phil

14. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Geeeez.....take a shower, Phil! :)

15. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I'll definetly be there Saturday. I'll all ready to help with decorating. I'll even volunteer for clean up :shudder:

16. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Cleanup shouldn't be too bad this time compared to Windy Con. Unless, with the Mos Eisley Cantina theme, we decide to put sand on the floor.

Phil

17. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    OH NO! Don't give them any ideas Phil :D

18. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    It will be worse to cleanup - who's getting their arm chopped off, eh???? HUH! HUH!

19. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    I didn't understand that last post, and I'm probably glad.

NO SAND!!!!

How about going to the hotel, or calling them on the phone, and finding out what color the floor is in the party room. Then choose the theme to be something that works with the floor, instead of trying to make the floor work with the theme.
    :)

20. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Perhaps someone could post all of the details, and where it's going to be?

21. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    jedigal - we're talking Star Wars. Remember "Star Wars" - the first one that came out in 1977. Well, in the movie there was a scene where a couple characters, one called Luke Skywalker and the other, and older gentleman named Obi Wan Kenobi. This Obi Wan Kenobi guy is a Jedi Knight, a protector of justice in the galaxy. But he is last of a dying breed. Anyway, Luke and Obi Wan got into this place, the Cantina (a bar). In this Cantina, Luke is approached by a gruffy, rough man that talks of being a criminal on the run. Well, Obi Wan tries to reason with the criminal, but a fight breaks out and the criminal's partner, an alien called Ponda Baba ends up having his arm cut off when Obi Wan pulls out his weapon, a laser sword called a "light saber".

Do you remember that? The movie is available to rent at most video stores if you want to check it out. It's a pretty good flick - made some money over the years.

Sarcastic enough for you all?

22. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Geez, JJ, being a little rough on me, aren't ya?
    MIS-ter - Star - Wars - gu-ru!

Yeah, I remember all that. Very well. Duh. What does that have to peanuts and sand and floor coverings for the party?

Heck, YOU probably won't even be AT the party, so what the heck are you gripin' about anyway? You missed the snow and ice of Hoth along with both the "foam fun" and the "foam filth".

So, shet yer trap, ya hobgoblin!

:)

23. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    In JJ's defense, he was at party central that day, just earlier in the day. And he (and I) thought you might have been confused by the arm cutting off reference. And this just gets weirder and weirder doesn't it?

24. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    What's weird is that it's been almost 2 hours and no one has made a snide comment about JJ being "rough" on the gal from St. Louie.

I know, I know, no one does snide comments quite like me, but c'mon, I can't be everywhere at once...

-Le Penguin
    "Shut your filthy clam!"

25. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    jedigal - reference is to the mess from the Alphacon and the possibility of a mess at Capricon. Bloody arm = mess.

autobot - thanks

Penguin - hang on, I think my alter ego will help you out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.