main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Capricon XXIII ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by Sith_Steve, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Steve

Sith_Steve Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2002
    Who's going to Capricon XXIII, I know Chris, Nate, and I are going up on Sat and staying till sunday. I guess its not much of a Con, but it is a Con. We are just really going for the Parties, and to talk with the other FanForce's. This type of Con is great because of the small size. so its the best place to talk with people. I think its like $30 to go to the con, but everything eles is free, really to tell you all the truth I have no idea what this con is about. But then again there are always girls at Cons. I do hope a few of you get a chance to come.

here is the link
    Capricon XXIII

later

2. quadcityteecee1

quadcityteecee1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    Missed the opportunity--but I hope the Gods Vs. Monsters were better than the Super Bowl's Buccaneers vs. Raiders ;)--Tee Cee--PS Glad you're all feeling better!

3. Sith_Steve

Aug 18, 2002
    where is everyone at, when I dont post everyone post's. but when I do everyone doesn't. so I ask agian WHO IS GOING TO CAPRICON ! ! !

4. qc_jedi_xavier

qc_jedi_xavier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    I will be attending it...for the parties...and women...and... ;)

5. qcjediJohn_AM

qcjediJohn_AM Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I will NOT be able to attend. Sorry =(

6. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Well I think that I'm going to sit this one out this time but I would still like to get together to do something as a group locally.

7. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    For those that are attending, a short update:

The work on Jabba is proceeding as I have foreseen...er... is going well. As of tonight, we will finally have enough peanuts to stuff his high exaltedness, and we'll be able to finish painting the body. The head has the preliminary coats of paint, but we still need to do the arms, paint the eyes, and do some texture work. At the party, we'll have Jabba up on couple of conference, and if all goes as planned, if you stand close to him, you'll be able to hear him sentence you to a slow pain full death in the belly of the sarlac. [face_devil]

Last night Le Peng (on the Chicago board) came over to visit and we fitted him for his Max Rebo costume that he will wear while DJing. (Ribo is the hiz-ous!) This weekend I'll finish Max, and if I have time throw together a costume for myself.

The party should start around 9 pm. Should be awsometacular.

~H~

8. TK895

TK895 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2000
    I can't wait to go to this one. If you are on the fence about it, take my advice, GO!

Forget about the con and show up for the setup and parties. Some new costumes are going to be revealed that will peel your eyeballs back. :)

And some old familiar ones will be there as well. ;)

TK895
    Michael

9. Sith_Steve

Aug 18, 2002
    That was Awsome ! ! ! I love being Neo :D

10. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    It was great to see a well-dressed QC contigent. :)

11. qc_jedi_xavier

qc_jedi_xavier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Thank you..It was alot of fun hanging out with you guys...Thanks Again

12. ChrisKenobi

ChrisKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    It is safe to say a good time was had by all. I will gladly trade my lightsaber for the whip and fedora...for a few years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.