main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "On your left." - Captain America (Brave New World)

Discussion in 'Community' started by gonzoforce, Nov 9, 2008.

1. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    The Choker...I mean...the Joker showed up. Jk. ;)

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    this thread is dc quality.

dp4m, JoinTheSchwarz and AmySolo like this.
  3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

[​IMG]

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Speculation is there will be as Disney has bought some commercial time. However, it could be for the Jungle Book.
    Personally, I'm fine with not seeing anymore footage but I can't see Disney resisting using Spider-man to market this film. I'm pretty sure Disney and Marvel want to beat Batman v. Superman at the box office.

AmySolo likes this.
  5. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    i mean, he's one of the best we've seen in any comic book movie, maybe an exception.... this once? :D

Sith_Sensei__Prime He's been cast for .. how long now? They may be waiting for the final trailer to show any Spidey. Hopefully it's not just Jungle Book but since that probably needs more marketing than CA..

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Tom Holland was cast as Spider-man last June. I'm really looking forward as to what Marvel does with Spidey and his costume. I saw some internet headlines teasing what Spidey's costume may look like, but I didn't click on those. Hopefully, I can stay spoiler free until there's an official photo release unlike that Luke Skywalker photo leak before TFA.

AmySolo likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think they're worried about that- the different release dates alone almost guarantee CW comes out on top, box office-wise.

8. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    Exactly, seven months is a long time to have someone able to put on the costume and be in a trailer, seems odd they haven't been plastering him everywhere. Then again, given the last Spidey movie, maybe they're not trotting him around to avoid not awesome connections?

I wish you much luck in that endeavor, it's not easy avoiding spoilers, but I'm with ya. I'll watch two trailers for most movies that I really want to see, and avoid everything as best as possible. I didnt even want to know what critics were saying about TFA - thankfully only had to dodge that for about 36 hours.

And between the two, Marvel is still more kid friendly. Neither of these movies are really made with kids in mind but i can see more families going to CW over BvS, and one only need look at Dark Knight vs Avengers to see what effect that has.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, the thing is that Batman v. Superman really doesn't have any real competition during it's box office run. Meaning, there isn't any other blockbuster that BvS will run into when it drops at the end of March and all of April. Whereas Civil War will have X-Men coming out a few weeks after it's release and then will have some more competition in June for the ever crowding blockbuster season.

I heard the Batman v. Superman as of this week was tracking at $144 million opening weekend and about $345 for it's run. Civil War should beat those numbers. However, I remember when I watched TFA and the BvS trailer hit the screen, I heard quite a few people in the audience seem pleasantly surprise to see Wonder Woman.

10. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

Yeah I remember being so happy hearing a little boy going 'IT'S WONDER WOMAN!!! IT'S WONDER WOMAN!!!!!!!!!' behind me in the theater when she showed up in the trailer.

11. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    trailer

official one from Marvel in case the above is taken down

12. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    uhm.. in the interest of not appearing to be the overhyped nerdfan I offer the following tame response: "Getting more and more excited."

Also, #TeamAbeLincoln [there's a throwback for ya.]

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That's a lot of hashtags.

14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    TeamCap all the freaking way.

AmySolo likes this.
  15. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    That poor kid if he ever actually sees the films.

AmySolo likes this.
  16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Interesting to note the new Ant-Man helmet. Guess Pym decided to upgrade the tech a little.

Also I love Tony's expression at the end of this:

[​IMG]

It's like, "Oh? We're doing head shots now are we?"

And with all the hashtags at the end one can't help but notice there's space for one more on #TeamIronMan to make it even... As if they're leaving room for, say, #Webslinger...

And though I'll probably emotionally be #TeamCap, barring the specifics of the situation, gotta go with Tony for now...

17. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Originally Hope van Dyne was going to be on #TeamIronMan, but Evangeline Lilly got pregnant and was cut. Then rumor was they were going to put Maria Hill on #TeamIronMan as #TeamCap has Sharon as a way to even it up, but Cobie Smulders just gave birth so she was out too.
    So #TeamIronMan was supposed to be larger... I guess they'll just have to ask the Vision to carry the team, lol.

Jedi Merkurian and AmySolo like this.
  18. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    I mean what, did Tony expect the dude to be closer to Cap's morals? o_O

I've always been a fan of Steve over Tony ever since Tony was a [dog bark] to Steve in Avengers. I didn't see the basis for it, even if he blames Steve for his dad being away - or was there a better reason? But even in the comics I was #TeamCap. Still not entirely sure what the issue is in the movie but I'm not looking to find out till the movie drops. Almost didn't even watch that teaser (tho glad I did, soawesome *______*)

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    In the comics I was definitely TeamCap but it looks like the MCU version will have a better balance for Tony's position.

Healer_Leona and AmySolo like this.
  20. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    You could say the same thing about the last three Batman films and MOS, but people still went out to see them and still bought a lot of merchandise. I think that BvS will do just fine...if it is a good enough film.

Nothing wrong with overhyped nerdfan.

Can't tell if the glove caught the bullet or if it bounced off his lenses. Yes, I know that sounds stupid, but bullet proof lenses would work.

AmySolo likes this.
  21. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    He grabbed the gun with his bare hand, then blocked the bullet with his armored hand.

You know, I'm 100% #TeamCap on this one, but really that's only because I know that the Socovia Accords are meant to completely control superhumans and it's supposedly been drafted by Hydra. In that sense, I'm on Cap's side. But I'm more sympathetic to Tony than I've ever been simply because he really is doing what he thinks is morally right and is following the law for once. He doesn't realize he's being bamboozled.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    People did, yes, but I saw less kids at TDK and even less at TDKR (I work in a theater too) and most of the merchandise I know of that's linked to the film was hardly kid stuff. I'd have been all over merchandise that wasn't just figures or collectors items - I begged for it.* Not saying it won't do alright, just talking more evidence that CW will likely do better than BvS. The 'gladiator match-up' as it were will give BvS a boost but there will definitely be less families watching it compared to CW.

Probably a bit of one when it's high pitched squealing and a crapton of !!! ;)

This is Tony we're talking about, the word stupid should not be in the same sentence as bullet proof glasses but yeah, the scene is too quick to tell. Either way that's cool as [moose call].

*Speaking of cool merchandise, at least Marvel has learned from Star Wars and put out a bunch of silly cheap stuff like stationary and activity books (with stickers! [face_love]) and like, puzzle pack things. Oh and socks. Now if only DC would hop on this train.

I realize the onus is on me but dude, that stuff about Tony literally just gave away the majority of the plot and resolution. Spoiler tags. :C

23. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
  24. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Sorry, I thought that was common knowledge.

AmySolo likes this.
  25. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    I knew there was a twist to what happens in the comics, and I know everyone's good in the end, I was just hoping to avoid specifics until the movie. I'm that kind of spoiler dodger. :-B