main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "On your left." - Captain America (Brave New World)

Discussion in 'Community' started by gonzoforce, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    TBH I'm not entirely sure that's even what happens, it's just the speculation I've heard from pretty much everyone in the know about the movie.

AmySolo likes this.
  2. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    It's a bit odd because his glasses break in the scene, and it goes by so fast. Maybe it'll be clearer in context.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    #TeamHashtag FTW

BigAl6ft6, Diggy and AmySolo like this.
  4. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    Oddly enough, that helps a lot, thank you for saying such. :)

#TeamTuba [doubt anyone here remembers that but still]

Random Comments Even if the glove caught it tho, shrapnel could take out the glasses, assuming they aren't bulletproof.

Random Comments likes this.
  5. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I'm excited to see Scarlet Witch and Vision in this film.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Hydra connection isn't a spoiler, though the specifics and to what extent are speculatory. AOS already established a top Hydra leader as being involved with the drafting/development of the accords.

7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Putting speculation behind spoiler tag just in case:

Baron Zemo, perhaps?[/spoiler}

SateleNovelist11 and AmySolo like this.
  8. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    SateleNovelist11 and PCCViking like this.
  9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So far it's just Gideon Malick (the World Council guy).

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I think Tony takes the bullet right in the palm. At first glance, it looks like the Lense of his glasses have a crack, but that just the sun reflecting off the top of the glasses arm.

However, bullet proof glasses would be awesome.

AmySolo and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  11. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    So I'm guessing Bucky scuffles with Tony at the conference that blows up and that's what makes Tony think Winter Soldier is the enemy and makes him bring the world governments down on him? Question is, was Bucky innocent or still suffering latent Hydra programming? And given Hydra made Scarlet Witch as well I wonder if they put some sleeper-agent programming in her too... making her freak out in a tense situation and cause a lot of damage would be a big help to making the governments and other heroes think they need government control, which in turn would be Hydra control.

12. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    #octothorpe

13. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    Have we already discussed why Natasha would betray Cap? In the new 30 second trailer that aired during the Super Bowl, you can see that Black Widow icon Tony's team. Why would she switch?

14. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    She's been said to sort of agree with both sides and be a mediator but sides more with Tony and mostly wants to bring Cap in before the government does.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, this spot more than the first trailer really seemed to put the "Natasha torn between two sides" angle front and center.

16. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

Yeah I to me I think that shot was the moment she realized her attempts at peacekeeping and mediating between Stark and Cap (literally) blew up. But if she has to pick a side (because Iron Man has to have a female member on his team for out of universe reasons) she'd go with Iron Man, if only because I doubt she believes Cap would survive a life with all the world gunning for him, he's too decent for that cloak and dagger life and she'd rather bring him in and break his trust than side with him and end up abetting his probable death as a fugitive. Especially given how she probably thinks she pushed Banner away, she's probably not in the mood to risk losing anymore friends even if she has to sacrifice the friendship to do it.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  18. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ (((Crashes Cymbals)))

I don't like that they'll probably make Tony a villain again (as they did in the awful comic event) but damn it, I am a Bucky Barnes fan first and foremost so... sorry Tony. BetterbeaLOTmoreSebastianStan in this one. There's so much aweome in that shot, I didn't even notice the bullet bouncing off his glasses.

AmySolo likes this.
  19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think they're bouncing off the glasses- the bullet hits the armored glove. Maybe the casing ejecting makes it look like it'll hit the glasses.

I think it looks like they're doing a good job so far of not making Tony out to be the villain.

20. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    well if Bucky killed Tony's parent's it's going to be hard to be rooting for him against Tony

21. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

Bucky killed lots of people, he killed dozens of SHEILD agents in Winter Soldier. But you can't blame him as he was brainwashed. Natasha has probably killed far more people knowing what she was doing. Only real difference, other than the brainwashing, is we can assume Bucky killed Howard and Maria Stark. So we personally know one of the targets

22. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    It's not hard for me to be rooting for Bucky given the circumstances (and they were at odds with each other too in the comic and shortly thereafter), but I can understand if people have an issue with what his character did. However, what Tony did with Ultron isn't very good either. :p

The2ndQuest - thanks for the bullet info.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Well, this is Captain America 3 and I would expect Steve Rogers to be the good guy in the story and folks that oppose his point of view like Iron Man would be view as the antagonist. If it were Iron Man 4, would suspect Captain America would be portrayed as the rogue vigilante that Tony must stop in order to achieve world peace.

[​IMG]

I got Tony's point of view from the Civil War comic book story line. The grieving mother really got to him. I think it kind of interesting of how MCU Iron Man went from the darling and brightest star to the less than popular than Cap in like two films (The Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron).

I still not sure how I feel about MCU Bucky. I really liked him as a foil to Cap in The Winter Soldier, but I'm not sure how his character will be now he's regaining his memories and true identity, which kind of reminds me of Jason Bourne.

I really hope Hydra is not involved in this film as I feel it would ruin the spirit and foundation of the Civil War story line which is the battle of the ideologies represented by the two main figures, Captain America and Iron man. Whereas Captain America represents basic rights and civil liberties and Iron Man represents safety and security. Civil War, like much of Marvel stories, reflect the current times; in this case security and the war on terrorism. Every time I think of this issue, I reminded of Benjamin Franklin's quote, "Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Iron man 2 being terrible and Iron Man 3 being so-so didn't help.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  25. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

I don't mind Hydra being in it. I mean it's not like in the comic the Pro-Registration side ended up just being stooges for Norman Osborn's power plays and the Skrulls. The Pro-Reg side is ALWAYS shown to be played by the people doing the horrible things the Anti-Reg side said would end up happening. So the movie just accepting that premise is fine with me.