main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "On your left." - Captain America (Brave New World)

Discussion in 'Community' started by gonzoforce, Nov 9, 2008.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    From that ticker:

-Pym Technologies (not Cross) is about to resume stock trading. Hank might be back in the game, perhaps? Or Hope is running the show now maybe?

It's funny, people compared AM to IM1 in the general villain sense, now there might be another parallel in that the lead female character is promoted to a CEO role in the sequel...

-"Production is about to start on new TV movie "Man or Mandarin: The Trevor Slattery Story".

LOL. Whether Trevor is, he is going to be both ecstatic at this and upset that he's not involved.

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    So, checking in with my social media accounts this morning, I see the midcredits scene has leaked online. I have not searched for the leaked footage or know what it's about. I'm still trying to avoid seeing TV spots and whatnot.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    If that info is out there, I think I'm going to tag out of this thread for the next 9 days. I've rather enjoyed not spoiling the last few. Plus the more recent tv spots like that Spidey one are probably showing too much footage at this point (presumably-I'm avoiding them now too).

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I am just as outraged.

5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    That mid credits scene was pretty darn good. Digging Chadwick as T'Challa.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I saw it this morning.

It's very entertaining, striking a good balance between humour & the darker tone of the overall story.
    Everyone gets good screen time during the confrontations, especially Black Panther & Spider-Man.
    Both the villains were perhaps a little underused but they did a good job with what they had.

Despite superhero movies not getting recognition from serious award bodies, some of the performances in this are really great. Robert Downey Jr is a stand out, as always.

The mid & end credits scenes are worth watching.

It's very good, although I don't agree that's it's the best Marvel movie so far as the reviews have been saying.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Master_Rebado likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    How depressing is the conclusion?

8. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
  9. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Saw it today and loved it.

Best Spiderman on screen I've ever seen.

Black Panther is awesome and as always RDJ delivers!

Felt not as much like a Captain America movie as just a comic book sourced movie.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It's certainly set up an interesting next phase in terms of how will the fractured Avengers get back together again.
    Certain characters are changed significantly, some make tough choices.

11. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    As I saw it it leaves a nice opening for them to all "get the band back together" to fight Thanos. :cool:

Iron_lord and Darth Raiden like this.
  12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Which no doubt they will.
    But you wonder how it will affect the solo movies before that, such as the next Ant-Man movie
    And will Spider-Man be on the Avengers?

13. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I'm can't offer much more than has already been said. This movie is like a swiss watch - its parts are perfectly balanced.

A little detail I did notice for anyone from Germany or who knows a bit about Germany (I'm not sure this can be considered a spoiler): the Berliner Stadtschloss, which is currently being reconstructed, has been digitally completed for this film.

14. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    So I guess it's safe to say that Hulk's and Thor's conspicuous absence is due to them kicking ass in Asgard while their puny mortal brethren beat each other up down in Midgard?

15. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I think in Ant-Man's case, the fallout will be somewhat minimal. Scott and either Hank or Hope might not be entirely too happy with his decision to side with Cap's team.

Well, that's pretty much a given. I'm sure that in "Homecoming", Tony will start working towards that. But we'll see it full bore by the time "Infinity War" comes around.

Pretty much like in the comics, though for different reasons.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  16. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

It's possible that the events of Civil War and Thor 3 take place around the same time, like IM 2, Thor, and the Incredible Hulk did.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  17. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Really enjoyed this one; wouldn't call it the best Marvel as I enjoyed Avengers and Guardians more. But, it's very damned good.

Spiderman was a revelation. I think quite frankly this is the best Spidey we've seen yet. Garfield was excellent in terms of the look in ASM2 and the quips - felt very Spidey. This though is the classic Spiderman a lot of us know from the 60s through 90s.

Tobey Maguire and his autistic Spiderman is nothing more than a bad memory now.

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I never thought I'd love a Marvel movie as much as The Winter Soldier - everything I'm reading leads me to believe that might change.

ShaneP likes this.
  19. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah it's very different to Winter Soldier - but in a good way. Winter Soldier was a political thriller; this is a buddy road movie of sorts.

There's a risk you could undermine or use heroes in this for a gimmick, and they avoid it. Each of the Avengers used - Cap, Iron Man, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, War Machine, Vision, Quasar (lol), Black Panther, Ant-Man, Falcon, Spiderman - they all feel like they're bringing something unique to the fight.

Plus there's Iron Man vs Other Metal Arm Man! What more do you want, than a battle of the alloys!

ShaneP, Master_Lok and heels1785 like this.
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The part of the video has the Russo brothers discussing the interesting aspects of the film, such as stating that Spider-Man was part of the script from the beginning and that they approach the film with making sure that every characters' point of view was covered in the film, so that a fan of Ant-Man or Black Panther would get some great quality moments. They have yet to see Batman v. Superman, but one of them has seen Deadpool.

Master_Lok likes this.
  21. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Part of the praise for this film is every character gets character moments, not just fan service. I'm glad that the screenwriters deployed what worked so wonderfullly in Winter Soldier, in Civil War too.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  22. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Saw it last night here in Australia - loved it!

As others have said in reviews, I really enjoyed that neither team cap or team iron man were right or wrong. It's presented very well with lots of questions that don't have definitive answers.

The final 8 minutes of the final fight was very emotional for the three involved - I really enjoyed that!

23. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I saw it just yesterday. I think it's one of the best MCU movies!

24. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Great film...one of my current top picks in the MCU. Spidey was fantastic, and Black Panther was awesome. It will be interesting to see how the team gets their **** together when Thanos makes his way to Earth.

Jedi Knight Fett and Jedi Ben like this.
  25. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    $200 million opening outside the U.S. Decent UK opening though not close to the recent highs of TFA and SPECTRE.