main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "On your left." - Captain America (Brave New World)

Discussion in 'Community' started by gonzoforce, Nov 9, 2008.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

I take it that you don't look at solicits? I'm not a Captain America reader and I knew it from those.

And using the 50's Cap actually makes sense as a plot point, especially since it ties into what Bruce Banner was doing in "The Incredible Hulk".

2. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Was 50s Cap Steve Rogers or was it that US Agent character?

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Neither; it was originally written as Steve Rogers but it's since been retconned to be a couple of people using the codename, one of whom is really only notable for eventually becoming the new Nomad.

In other words: it's best to just ignore it. :p

GenAntilles likes this.
  4. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Captain America was one of the few Marvel heroes still being published following the end of the Golden Age. But when Lee and Kirby set out to bring Cap into the Avengers, it was decided that the late 40's and the entire 1950's adventures were to be ignored. Marvel later decided to retcon this by introducing two replacements for Captain America and Bucky, who had plastic surgery and even changed their names to Steve Rogers and James Barnes. Eventually "Steve" went insane and had to be dealt with.

John Walker, aka US Agent wasn't until later on in 1987. He was Steve's replacement when he had a falling out with the US government over the role of Captain America in world affairs. Steve gave up the suit and had a new one made, where he was the Captain and John Walker became the new Captain America. The switch back occurred in 1989.

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I still own the run of Cap comics surrounding Super Patriot/US Agent.

Looking at Cap villains I can see a few being of the more realitsic variety as mentioned earlier. The Scourge would be one, but he is also not a big name villain. It could be done and made interesting, I would go see it. Blue Streak but only if it is taken seriously and in the style that The Falcon is being introduced. A white suited, red feather costume would look dumb, but the battlesuit with wings looks cool. That sort of mindset would work for Blue Streak.

Taskmaster. Commando version, not Halloween costume version.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I'd like to see Baron Zemo as a villain eventually, maybe Cap 3.

7. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I'd like to see Crossbones wear his familiar get up in Cap 3. Maybe give him some power boost to hold his own against cap

8. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I have #346.

[​IMG]

It was among the bundles of comics that I got from JC Penny's for Christmas. 25 Marvel Comics boxed together.

9. lbr789

lbr789 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Tried to go to an advanced screening tonight, but when they said 'may be overbooked' they weren't kidding. All the people whose tickets had Marvel Unlimited logos were let in first, and after that only 10% of people with ordinary tickets were let in. I was not among them. And I drove 2 hours >..<

10. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Well I've read most of the spoilers for the film so I pretty much now everything that's going to happen in it. Now I can relax and enjoy the movie in peace April 4th.

11. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I've read there's some unexpected game-changers for the whole MCU. I think I'll be trying to avoid major spoilers.

Juliet316 and dp4m like this.
  12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm desperately trying to avoid spoilers for this but I won't be able to see it opening weekend...

14. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Besides the obvious spoiler that isn't a spoiler, I've somehow managed to keep myself spoiler free on this one. Hopefully I'll see this one soon if not right on opening weekend. But all the buzz I've heard so far be it on the web and even from local critics has been extremely positive. The adjective "game changer" has come up repeatedly.

dp4m likes this.
  15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Every positive review gets me into more trouble with Mrs Inty. I booked business travel the week it comes out, meaning we won't see it until Saturday.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I am on well-deserved vacation with mavjade and I wouldn't trade it for a second, but avoiding spoilers will be difficult...

17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    You're fortunate if your better half wants to see it, mine hates going to the movies, let alone to see stuff like this. [face_frustrated]

So yeah, I foresee a lot of cajoling and maybe even grovelling in the immediate future in order to see this one.

18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Advance screening.

An advanced screening would be a screening that's doing work above its grade level.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

[​IMG]

That's why nerd love is the best love!

mavjade likes this.
  20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Eh, opposites do attract, you know? :p

21. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    saw this yesterday .

it's pretty good , starts off like a 70s conspiracy thriller , then gets a bit james-bondy , very spectactular at the end . The basic plot is kinda hackneyed , but it moves along quick .

there's 2 codas , not sure what point they served , am I allowed to post spoilers ? how does one hide spoilers on here btw ?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    If you don't know how, DON'T POST SPOILERS! :p

J/K, type your text between .

23. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    huh ? type between what ?

24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Um, you quoted my post. Can you see the spoiler, /spoiler between the [ ]?

25. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    but how do do a spoiler ? how do you hide the text ?