main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "On your left." - Captain America (Brave New World)

Discussion in 'Community' started by gonzoforce, Nov 9, 2008.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    If a crossover of characters occur, I think that Tony Stark is a possibility depend on how Downey feels. A more likely one that can work would be Bruce Banner, given the long term association between Spider-Man and the Hulk. There can also be a tie-in to the "Daredevil" series by having Fisk make an appearance and set up a bounty on Spider-Man storyline for the films.

2. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

I wouldn't be surprise if Fisk appears in a mid or post-credits scene for Captain America: Civil War. Even though the new Spider-Man movie isn't until next year, it could still work (and have a scene that sets up something other than Avengers: Infinity Wars).

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I don't think Fisk would appear in a post credit scene at the end of Civil War, but I would like to see a pissed off Spidey beat the crap out of Kingpin alah the Back in Black storyline, which as a direct consequence of Spidey revealing his true identity.

[​IMG]

Spidey was no chump in this story arc.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ah, the true end of JMS's awesome run. Such a shame One More Day was forced upon him. Couldn't stand the subsequent Brand New Day stuff (except Anti-Venom, which was cool). Haven't been back to reading a Spidey title since (even though the raves over Superior Spider-Man was tempting).

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope this One More Day isn't turned into a movie.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, Marvel did have to make a deal with someone in order to reboot Parker into a younger character...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I'm pretty sure Disney's lawyers are a darker power than Mephisto.:p

8. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I didn't think much of this latest captain america movie, but now spider man's on board I think it's got legs

9. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

Yeah, but you could make the argument he'd have to be a Grade-A chump when deciding to unmask himself to the world, not when he'd have so much to lose in the bargain. That's kind of the point of a secret identity: it's there to protect your loved ones, acquaintances, and yourself. Peter is supposed to be an intelligent guy, yet the character is forced by the stupid to make a really stupid decision that puts a bullseye on himself and the people closest to him. And to add insult to injury, Marvel's fix to the whole sad affair (as well as something as "inconvenient" as a marriage) was nothing short of an abomination. That's really the kind of soap-opera crap that could turn someone away from comics

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, after I read One More Day, I stopped reading Spidey for a year or two. I started to read Spidey again sometime between Big Time and Spider-Island. Superior Spider-Man is definitely worth the read.

Yeah, it was kinda soap-opera crap. And yes, a few stopped reading Spidey comics for awhile.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

[​IMG]

"How about ten high priced lawyers!"

Considering how worried he was when "The Child Within", "The Name Of The Rose", "The Osborne Legacy", "Lifetheft", "Pursuit", "Shrieking" and "The Trial Of Peter Parker" took place. As well as all the times Venom, Norman and Roderick all knew or could possibly know who he was, and how he had to go to great lengths to protect himself and his family. Yeah, it was a bunch of grade A **** ****.

It turned me off from coming back to the Spider-Man books. Besides, I wouldn't call him chump. I'd call him a...

[​IMG]

12. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i love the character, but i stopped reading long ago, and every time i checked back on the stories they were rediculous, so it wasn't making me want to come back either.

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Amazing Spider-Man is really good now, guys. The Brand New Day startup period was awkward but Superior Spider-Man is a pretty gold run, just check that out.

As for Spidey unmasking leading to Back in Black, there is some great stuff from the Civil War fallout (Peter David's Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man had some great Unmasked Peter Parker storylines for the majority of its run) and JMS's Back in Black is also great. Especially that scene above with Fisk.

Man, Spidey and Fisk have some many great moments together it'd be a damn shame if they didn't pluck D'Onofrio - and his great performance - from the Netflix show and have him go up against Spidey.

I think the Spidey unmasking in the Civil War comic and the subsequent fallout was some really solid comic booking overall but I don't see that happening in the movie because it'd be, at the least, an awkward introduction to the MCU Spidey. But I do think Spidey palling around with Tony and maybe switching sides to Cap (the actors actually screen-tested with Downey but only the guy who got the part screen tested with Evans) may be a thing in the film.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  15. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Spidey is definitely the third biggest character in Civil War after Cap & Iron Man so I'm not surprised if he's beefed up in the movie. can't really do the unmasking bit, well they could and I would think it's awesome but really awkward to work that into Spidey's first appearance and doesn't jive with the reports of the new Spider-Man movie being a high school flick. Can't do that if Spidey unmasks on TV!

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  18. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Man, that looks so kickass!

19. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    hhmm interesting

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm actually a little disappointed in the Black Panther suit shown in the set photos above. I hope that's just the stuntman's suit. I was imagining that Black Panther's suit would have a more armor and high tech look like this:

[​IMG]

The set photos look like an ordinary jump suit.

21. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    yeah im not sure how that will look onscreen

22. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    Maybe that's his first suit before Stark Banner Pym makes him a new high-techy armory one.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Perhaps, but Wakanda is suppose to be a very advanced and high tech country due to its richness in vibranium. I was thinking T'Challa's suit would plated or laced with vibranium.

24. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    It does kinda look like the CBS-TV version of Spider-Man compared to the Raimi or Webb suit. Not as form-fitting and not made of any visibly durable material.

25. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Set photos always look like crap compared to the finished product. One would think people would already know this. At least us nerds that inhabit these boards should know.