main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "On your left." - Captain America (Brave New World)

Discussion in 'Community' started by gonzoforce, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Love it. Is there a Rogers version? Google is giving me nothing!

2. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    [​IMG]

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  4. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i was wondering if it would really be a Captain America movie, but from the trailer it does seem he's the focus

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Winter Soldier should have known better than to mess with Batman. He's a god damned ninja!

6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    But, where's the cape? And the bat-motifs? I'm so confused...

:p

7. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

Please, Black Panther is so wealthy he makes Batman look like a poor person.

Love Scarlet Witch's new costume. Wish she'd have her head thingy tiara thing from the comics though, MCU really drops the ball with heroes cool headgear...

Also wonder if Widow was always going to be on Tony's side or if they moved her there after they realized they couldn't use Evangeline Lilly in the movie since she was almost guaranteed to be on Tony's team. I mean given the fact we haven't seen Zemo or Crossbones yet it seems pretty likely the Registration and Sokovia Accords are all another scheme of Hydra to control powered people.

Abadacus and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'll be honest, I was a bit disappointed by the trailers on the basis of the reports I read regarding the Civil War footage screened at D-23 where it featured an Ant-Man clip and as I posted yesterday, I was really hoping to see Spider-Man.

[​IMG]

That aside, I found the trailer amazing. General Ross appearing with the thick ass book re Sokovia Accord.
    Obviously this is not the comic book version of the story, but we do see Tony working with the Government and Captain be hunted by said Government. I felt this was a continuation from The Winter Soldier where Cap and Falcon set out to find Bucky and Cap is standing up to fear and war mongering.

And yes, this was a great line.
    [​IMG]

I love final sequence of the trailer as it's a wide angel shot of Bucky and Cap tag teaming on Iron Man, as oppose to a close up/tight shot where you really can't see the fight choreography. The Russo Bros appear to have done it again.

[​IMG]

I love the teaser posters that dropped too.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I just saw the trailer. I can't wait for this movie.

Chancellor_Ewok likes this.
  10. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Aren't the Russo bros. making Infinity War? If this is any indication, Russo bros+Infinity War=[face_dancing]:D:cool::eek:[face_party]

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yup, the Russo Bros will be directing Infinity War.

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Those should be great movies. The Russos are very talented.

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah they are. I heard that one of the things that got them The Winter Soldier gig was their directing of the Community TV show episode, Fist Full of Paintballs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Abadacus likes this.
  14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They always release a Marvel movie on the first weekend in May (Free Comic Book Day was effectively set to the same weekend because of it).

I think there's only been like one or two years since 2002 that hasn't had an MCU, X or Spidey film released that weekend. And that streak is extended for at least the next 5 years.

The tradition of releasing a Marvel film in that slot was the origin of the little stand off that happening last year when WB announced they were releasing BVS on the same day as an unannounced marvel film that had already claimed the date. The performance of Cap 2 & the reveal that that film would be Cap 3 forced WB to back off and retreat to a March release date.

The last films were Ultron in May and Ant-Man in July.

I'd be curious if his injuries here might lead to the adaptive cyborg Rhodey from Weapon of SHIELD. That was a really good run.

15. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I'm guessing with Rhodey either Bucky rips out the arc reactor and knocks him out or Wanda loses it and does it with her powers like she did Ultron and it injures Rhodey more than anyone was trying which causes Wanda to walk away from the conflict as she can't trust herself. Believe Elizabeth Olsen said Scarlet Witch was going to be in a position like that or something. Then who knows, Vision wasn't seen, maybe the two of them will hit it off while doing some soul searching.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Mr Sunday Movies' trailer breakdown and speculations that may be potential spoilers.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  17. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Does The Vision have an android dork?

18. KnightOfRen

KnightOfRen Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    My heart sank when Tony said "So was I." =((

19. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    A roboner.

20. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    But were they really good friends? More like coworkers.

21. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

They're like an old married couple, they are close and show friendship by arguing with each other at all time.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    They're fighting because Cap is harboring the Winter Soldier, the man who is an international terrorist who has assassinated many political figures, including the Stark's and possibly even John F. Kennedy. So, that makes them criminals for that and for refusing to accept regulation.

Because the government can order the Avengers to go in and remove a foreign power from office. The government can order the Avengers to fight in a war for them. If they refuse, then they'd be arrested for disobeying the government. The problem is that there are those who don't want to be forced to go against their political beliefs. Remember in "The Winter Soldier", Cap didn't like working for S.H.I.L.E.D. because of Project Insight. It was one thing to fight in WWII because it was his choice to volunteer and to put himself on the line for something he believes in. It's another to go against all that and do something that is morally wrong. That is why the Super Hero Registration Act was a point of contention. With the Mutant Registration Act, it was what lead to the birth of the Sentinels and the dark future of "Days Of Future Past".

Not if Ant-Man provided Cap and Bucky with a piece of tech that neutralizes Tony's suit. Tony already had trouble fighting Extremis soldiers in "Iron Man 3" and here he's fighting two similar foes.

[​IMG]

Nope. Though in the comics, the Vision and the Scarlet Witch got married in 1975 and had twin children in 1986, though magic was involved in their creation.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Did Falcon have those new wing colors in Ant-Man or is this their debut?

24. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Pretty sure they were like that in Ant-Man.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000