main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "On your left." - Captain America (Brave New World)

Discussion in 'Community' started by gonzoforce, Nov 9, 2008.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

No doubt, but literally all the stuff that was just debated was previously debated on this page and the last. :p

3. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    I think Mark Steven Johnson could write and direct a good Black Widow movie (not kidding). The main reason "Daredevil" flopped in theaters is because Gary Foster and Avi Arad wanted a faster-paced film instead of Mark's cut, which focused much more on Matt Murdock both in and out of the costume. MSJ also wrote the "Grumpy Old Men" films early in his career, so balancing comedy with drama wouldn't be a problem.

4. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I heard a rumor that Feige apparently HATES the Agents of SHIELD show, so I think it's safe in that respect.

I could see a Black Widow movie carrying the SHIELD-centric torch that Winter Soldier seems to have, though. Just judging by the trailers and promo stuff for Winter Soldier, it seems clear that Steve isn't completely comfortable working for SHIELD, and I wouldn't be surprised if he distances himself from it in (what I assume will be) the inevitable third Cap movie.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The Oscars with Elleb DeGeneras as host is on at the same time as the FX debut of The First Avenger. Who picked that time to show the Cap flick?

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Well FX is a FOX owned station....:p

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    That's a new one.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    With Guardians of the Galaxy, more Infinity "Stones" to come, potential Adam Warlock down the line, I feel that past Age Of Ultron marvel films might concentrate more on their cosmic community.

10. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    Chris said he was signed to a six-picture deal, which would presumably include 3 each for Cap and the Avengers. Not counting his "Dark World" cameo, there's still two left on his contract after "Age of Ultron".

11. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    How does this movie look so great. It could easily be the best of phase 2, possibly best of all of Marvel.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  13. lbr789

lbr789 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
  14. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    That clip opening it up looks like it's a work in progress. Peggy Carter voiceover is nice, and hey, you can see Winter Soldier's completely unmasked face in a close-up.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    For the linkaphobes(Or lazypants like me):

16. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Pretty fantastic.

17. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, yeah, ticket bought, etc., etc. :p

18. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Yup, I'm sold. It looks terrific.

19. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    That shield throwing action just looks off to me. The rest of it is fine, but Cap's action on the boat looks pretty weird to my eyes.

20. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, they could stand to tamp that down. I'm pretty sure Captain America's superpower isn't insane hand/eye coordination and visuospatial reasoning allowing him to bank his shield off eighteen things so it knocks out a couple guys and returns right to his hand. It's not necessary, it's not the most exciting action, and it ends up looking like wonky CGI physics.

21. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Actually, it is.

[​IMG]

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    From io9:

Following an early press screening, it seems like all the early buzz on Twitter is positive. Silas Lesnick describes the film as "a perfect movie," MovieWeb's Brian Gallagher advises people to "believe the hype, and prepare for so much more," and PJ Campbell says it's "Marvel's best movie to date." The only criticism comes from Slashfilm's Germain Lussier, who says it's awesome, but a "tad too long, a tad too plotty — but its action & MCU impact will blow your damn mind."

23. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Awesome. Now to fight the uphill but definitely lost battle with the wife to go see this with me. [face_frustrated]

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I have two free movie tickets. Guess I'll be using one for this!!!

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Got my ticket for an IMAX showing for Fri night the 4th (can't make a midnight in the city, unfortunately, but I caught Thor 2 this way and it's worth waiting to catch it on one of the few full-sized IMAX screens in the country)