main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "On your left." - Captain America (Brave New World)

Discussion in 'Community' started by gonzoforce, Nov 9, 2008.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    You use tags: [spoiler ] [/ spoiler] but without the spaces between the brackets. Put the spoiler between those tags.

2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    ok let's have a go

I didn't really understand what Redford's character was up to

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The IGN review has me very very excited.

5. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    the thing with captain america is - I'm not sure what his limitations are , can he take a bullet ? I mean what injuries can he survive ?

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Now that advance screening spoilers are out there, I'll be more or less taking my leave of this thread until I catch my showtime on the 4th. [face_flag]

I would assume Tasky's rights are with Fox since he's a mutant and mostly associated with Deadpool.

(sadly, I don't think him leading the Shadow Initiative Avengers would give him MCU crossover rights like the Mag brats)

A shame, given his slight history connected to Cap.

[​IMG]

7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Well, he blocks bullets with the shield, so my presumption is that they would do some damage if they connected.

8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    He was killed by a single bullet (sorta kinda), after all. He is not immortal nor does he have a healing factor akin to Wolverine's.

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

He can't take a bullet, that's why he has the shield. In fact, that's what lead to the whole, "Death Of Captain America" storyline in the comics. He's had his ribs broke, his nose has bled and he's been battered and bruised. In one "What-If...?" tale....

[​IMG]

...the story took the idea that Steve Rogers wasn't able to escape an explosion in time and was badly injured. After several attempts at replacing him, it fell to Frank Castle before his family was killed. When his family was killed, Frank started to abandon the Captain America role and became the Punisher. A cybernetic Steve Rogers had to stop him and ultimately, Frank returned to the role and Steven continued as the Captain.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Captain America is always described as "the pinnacle of human physical capabilities". This peak human thing gets thrown around enough for other characters to the point of annoyance. The olympic record clean and jerk is 585 pounds, Cap can do more than 800. Depending on the source he can sprint anywhere from 30 to 40 miles per hour. Bolt? I think it was 23 mph? Throw in a fighting skill that would make Bruce Lee jealous, full military training, endurance beyond any olympic runner or swimmer, and you get Cap. The Ultimates Captain America, which the films are based on, has low end super strength to go with it, lifting right around 2 tons. So he might be able to move a bit faster to boot.

Daredevil, Batman, Iron Fist, Shang Chi, all thse folks and those liek them can only stand up to Cap in a fight because some writer likes it that way.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    He's not a mutant and he's first and foremost an Avengers villain. I'm sure Marvel Studios owns Taskmaster.

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Check this out.

Strength.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Combat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Yes, I've seen all of those.

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Where is that last page from, Sinister?

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    It's Amalgam. They have Cap lose because people voted that way, and it came down to a Batarang vs Shield throw. I hated Amalagam.

17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, I just remembered. I had that series too.

18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    The fights sucked but the mashups were so goofy and fun that I have to love it.

19. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    But ditto Cap standing up to Spidey et al in a fight. Since the mid-Eighties, no-one has benefited from writers' favouritism than Cap, not even Wolverine.

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    But they have also had Punisher beat Spidey, yet he is even with Daredevil. Oh sure Cap gets the favouritism but it never struck me as such in the way Batman gets it.

21. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    The favouritism has always struck me as huge, but I'll readily admit to having a chip on my shoulder about it since the Eighties, when Grunwald and Shooter decided that Cap was the best hero ever.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    He first appeared in Avengers but has more commonly been associated with X titles.

You're right that he's not technically a mutant, but he has passed as one at times, IIRC. And, having been born with his abilities, he does fall within Marvel's "technically mutant" grey area.

Despite as much fun having Tasky do SHIELD and Cap work would be, I would shed a year if he and 'Pool were separated by studio rights :(

23. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    He got his powers from a SHIELD experiment, not from birth, and he hasn't been that much of a Deadpool character, other than some fantastic and memorable guest appearances (that admittedly might have returned him to the spotlight) and his stint on the Agent X spin-off. On the other hand, in the last decade he's been part of the rooster of two different Avengers books. I don't know, they might have shared rights, but I doubt it.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The last decade probably doesn't matter when it comes to the Marvel/Fox deal over the X franchise which was probably made in the late 90's/early 00's when Task would have been appearing in the original Deadpool series (and, potentially, any early plans for bringing him into Agency X).

25. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    He was still appearing in Thunderbolts and Avengers back then, so still unlikely. :p