Amph Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Discussion in 'Community' started by gonzoforce, Nov 9, 2008.

1. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Agreed, he's too old for Prince Namor. A pity, for he really looks the part.

I can ban you two if you want. [face_devil]
  2. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't buy for a second he's too old. And in my defense I was getting up for work. :p
  3. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Though Hugo Weaving is usually a win casting for any role, woudln't it have been more fitting for a German actor to be cast as the Skull? Someone like, I dunno, an actor who just won an Oscar for his brilliant portrayal of another sadistic (yet witty) Nazi?
  4. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Perhaps said actor didn't want to spend the rest of his life getting type casted as Nazis?
  5. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
    So your defenseis that you get up for work and the first thing you do is post on a Star Wars message board about Captain America and Namor?

Slimy!
  6. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    I was checking the boards as I was waiting for the bathroom to become free. :p

As for Weaving being too old for, he's only a few years older than Robert Downey Jr.
  7. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I think Weaving could pull off Namor as long as they don't have him in JUST that little swimsuit he's often in. Give him the vest and pants combo that he's rocking now on the X-Men and he'll be fine.
  8. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, I mentioned Hugo for Namor a few years ago in the Sci Fi forum back when he was younger. :p I think he could still pull off that role, but I'll like him all the same should he land Red Skull.
  9. Yodaminch Force Ghost

star 5
    I really wanted Weaving as Sinestro for Green Lantern, but Red Skull might be good.[face_thinking]
  10. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Weaving as Sinestro? Not only is he a good actor and could play the role but the hairline alone fits well enough.
  11. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Not sure if it's 100% confirmed but according to this, Chris Evans will be Captain America.

http://paralleluniverse.msn.com/features/movies/evans-nabs-capt-america/story/?gt1=28140
  12. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    He's good for the role. Better than the guy from the Office at any rate.
  13. -Phoenix- Force Ghost

star 5
    I wouldn't have minded Krasinski so much, but Channing Tatum would have had me walking away from my interest in this completely.:p
  14. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
    Despite the reports that Evans has been offered the role, they're now saying that Kellan Lutz and Alexander Skarsgaard are being tested. This is getting kind of old now.

Slimy!
  15. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    So, the Human Torch is Captain America? :confused:

If this sticks I'll be fairly disappointed.
  16. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
    It sticks.

Variety is now reporting that Chris Evans has indeed been cast as Captain America.

Well, I for one am deeply disapointed. I'd rather see my Marvel superheroes all played by different people. I'm funny that way.

Slimy!
  17. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    You're funny in lots of ways.
  18. Jedi_Johnson Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll take Evans over Channing Tatum any day of the week.
  19. -Phoenix- Force Ghost

star 5
    I wouldn't have been crazy about it either, slimy, but since the FF are apparently rebooting anyway, he'll probably only be one superhero from now on.
  20. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    Which is unfortunate since the casting of the three males in FF was one of the few things they did right IMO. A good script and competent director and they would have been just fine.

As for Cap, I am still waiting to hear from Marvel Studios before getting worked up about it.
  21. DarthNotsonice Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah we don't need that mumbler to ruin yet another portion of the Marvel Franchise.
  22. Pelt Jedi Padawan

I'm having one helluva time trying to visualize a scene with Evans and Weaving exchanging some cool and intense dialogue and then I begin to laugh.
  23. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
    *Sigh* Well, I supposed it has to be said, so I'll do it...

"Mr. Rogers. Welcome back. We missed yooooou.

Slimy!
  24. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Considering this is Captain America we're talking about here -- Serious Idealistic Hero and Consummate Professional -- these are attributes I have a hard time picturing in Evans. I hope Marvel Studios and the people responsible know what they're doing here...
  25. Sith_Sensei__Prime Force Ghost

star 5
    Obvious fake, but just gets the ball rolling.

[image=http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/fan-captainamerica-1.jpg]