main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "On your left." - Captain America (Brave New World)

Discussion in 'Community' started by gonzoforce, Nov 9, 2008.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Agreed, he's too old for Prince Namor. A pity, for he really looks the part.

I can ban you two if you want. [face_devil]

2. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    I don't buy for a second he's too old. And in my defense I was getting up for work. :p

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Though Hugo Weaving is usually a win casting for any role, woudln't it have been more fitting for a German actor to be cast as the Skull? Someone like, I dunno, an actor who just won an Oscar for his brilliant portrayal of another sadistic (yet witty) Nazi?

4. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Perhaps said actor didn't want to spend the rest of his life getting type casted as Nazis?

5. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    So your defenseis that you get up for work and the first thing you do is post on a Star Wars message board about Captain America and Namor?

Slimy!

6. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    I was checking the boards as I was waiting for the bathroom to become free. :p

As for Weaving being too old for, he's only a few years older than Robert Downey Jr.

7. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I think Weaving could pull off Namor as long as they don't have him in JUST that little swimsuit he's often in. Give him the vest and pants combo that he's rocking now on the X-Men and he'll be fine.

8. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Well, I mentioned Hugo for Namor a few years ago in the Sci Fi forum back when he was younger. :p I think he could still pull off that role, but I'll like him all the same should he land Red Skull.

9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I really wanted Weaving as Sinestro for Green Lantern, but Red Skull might be good.[face_thinking]

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Weaving as Sinestro? Not only is he a good actor and could play the role but the hairline alone fits well enough.

11. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Not sure if it's 100% confirmed but according to this, Chris Evans will be Captain America.

http://paralleluniverse.msn.com/features/movies/evans-nabs-capt-america/story/?gt1=28140

12. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    He's good for the role. Better than the guy from the Office at any rate.

13. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I wouldn't have minded Krasinski so much, but Channing Tatum would have had me walking away from my interest in this completely.:p

14. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    Despite the reports that Evans has been offered the role, they're now saying that Kellan Lutz and Alexander Skarsgaard are being tested. This is getting kind of old now.

Slimy!

15. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    So, the Human Torch is Captain America? :confused:

If this sticks I'll be fairly disappointed.

16. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    It sticks.

Variety is now reporting that Chris Evans has indeed been cast as Captain America.

Well, I for one am deeply disapointed. I'd rather see my Marvel superheroes all played by different people. I'm funny that way.

Slimy!

17. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    You're funny in lots of ways.

18. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    I'll take Evans over Channing Tatum any day of the week.

19. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I wouldn't have been crazy about it either, slimy, but since the FF are apparently rebooting anyway, he'll probably only be one superhero from now on.

20. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    Which is unfortunate since the casting of the three males in FF was one of the few things they did right IMO. A good script and competent director and they would have been just fine.

As for Cap, I am still waiting to hear from Marvel Studios before getting worked up about it.

21. DarthNotsonice

DarthNotsonice Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2005
    Yeah we don't need that mumbler to ruin yet another portion of the Marvel Franchise.

22. Pelt

Pelt Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2008
    I'm having one helluva time trying to visualize a scene with Evans and Weaving exchanging some cool and intense dialogue and then I begin to laugh.

23. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    *Sigh* Well, I supposed it has to be said, so I'll do it...

"Mr. Rogers. Welcome back. We missed yooooou.

Slimy!

24. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Considering this is Captain America we're talking about here -- Serious Idealistic Hero and Consummate Professional -- these are attributes I have a hard time picturing in Evans. I hope Marvel Studios and the people responsible know what they're doing here...

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Obvious fake, but just gets the ball rolling.

[image=http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/fan-captainamerica-1.jpg]