main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Captain America

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    He's a pretty cool guy. Nice set of comic books. And..................................

HE LIVES!!! :D

2. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Any idea who it is? I haven't followed him.

I think I prefer the old costume

3. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    I personally like the look of the costume. Has a new age feel to it while still loyal to the original look.

4. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    I do like the costume, visually, but giving Cap a gun AND a knife?!?

Man, it's reasons like that that I remain lukewarm towards Marvel.

5. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Captain America doesn't live if it's not Steve Rogers.

6. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    It's probably Winter Solider in that costume...

7. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

Ugh. Why, oh why, did Alex Ross have to get involved? Eww.

In any case, I'm reasonably sure that this is a placeholder Cap, to remind us why the real Cap is so great. I predict that the real Cap is back for issue #50.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The new costume looks too shiny. There are elements I like about it, thought the top part just looks like part of a uniform that goes over the rest, and the rest ain't there, even though the normal jumpsuit look underneath is kinda neat, it just seems contradictory with the shint top.

9. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    If anyone has been reading Captain America: The Chosen, it looks as if they're picking a random soldier from the army to be the new Cap. It may not be Bucky or Hawkeye or any of the other names being thrown around. At least the Punisher Cap is done with.

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    "Captain America: The Chosen" is not in continuity. It's basically "Captain America: The End", the problem is that it came out right after Cap was shot, so Marvel changed the name. What's going on in the monthly book is entirely separate. Most likely it's Winter Soldier. Though don't forget that Cap did use a machine gun back during WW II. He only stopped when he joined the Avengers, because the team was opposed to using lethal force and he was no longer fond of having to do so either.

11. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Captain America... with a GUN!

12. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Will the Civil War change everything?!

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    If I were marvel I'd set this new Cap up to be this huge facist villain that quite nearly takes over the Earth. At some point Steve Rodgers makes his return. But years must pass.

14. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    Personally, the Ultimate version of the Captain America costume is a better update than this one.

15. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I'm hoping this Cap is more in-line with Steve Rogers than the jingoistic Cap of the Ultimates.

16. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Umm, the new one has a gun.

17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The old one used a gun as well, for a time.

18. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Yep, but then that doesn't mean he's got to be a blindly nationalist idiot either. Steve was willing to break the law when it diverged from what he represented and was overall representative of the ideals not the government. I mean, I don't see the Ultimate Cap deciding to become Nomad or fight the Registration Act.

19. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

After reading the latest Cap, I'm left wondering if the cover Cap will be Evil Bucky Cap. America's Greatest Hero, a villain working for the Red Skull!

I'm done for it.

20. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    The ending of that issue was kind of ambigious and I'm willing to bet that Bucky was faking it and it wasn't Sharon he shot. ;)

Although I do like the idea of an "evil" Cap.

21. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

Given the misdirection on the last page, I'm pretty sure Sharon is alive. ;)

I'd say that Bucky is going to shoot Faust, and it'll turn out to be another of Faust's illusions. And so, the mind games will continue.

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I wouldn't think that Bucky will take the mantle of Captain America because he has too much respect for Steve Rogers. Wearing the costume might be like sleeping with Cap's wife (if he had one) before the body even went cold. But, I do see the "set up" of Bucky dawning the suit as Tony Stark might see it as a way to help Bucky "find his way," and "save him for me (Cap)" as noted in Steve's final letter to Tony. This would kill two birds with one stone, as Iron Man would finally feel some redemption and set Bucky on the right path and he would not want to tarnish the legacy of Steve Rogers.

For awhile, I thought the new Captain America would be that hot shot kid, M.V.P. from the Avengers: The Initiative series but that kid is dead.

The Captain America better not be some clone.

23. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I'm not sure mvp is really dead.

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I wasn't sure MVP was dead either at first, but it sure looked like it.

As for Cap's new suit, it looks like Stark has a hand in the design as it is a bit shiny. I wonder if it has rocket boots (which Spidey wanted in his Stark suit).

25. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    This was in place before "Civil War". Remember, "Civil War" was added on after Marvel had planned out their stories. Brubaker had already planned to replace Steve with someone else for a time. "Civil War" just happened to work with his plans.

Steve Rogers is dead. The new man in the suit will have his own view of things. Just as Johnny Walker had his own brand of justice and saw things in a different light. Rogers is a product of his generation, just as everyone else who has worn the mantle has had his own. Some were close to Rogers and some were quite different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.