main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Captain Ewok and the World of Tomorrow: Revenge of the Jedi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GrandAdmiralKyrrona, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

GrandAdmiralKyrrona Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Note: You'll notice my Copyright violation from two different titles:
    Sky Captain, and the World of Tomorrow.
    And the Original Episode 6 title: Revenge of the Jedi, before it became Return of the Jedi.
    The crossover of these two titles should give you a hint on how this story is going to turn out... the first post is going to be short.
    *evil grin*
    [face_devil]
    BTW, this all takes place shortly after Union.

Captain Ewok, and the World of Tomorrow

"Oh, c'mon, Luke! You should remember how it happened!"
    "I do, Corran... but it's not exactly something to joke about."
    Corran grinned, "Why not? A good joke always makes the Dark Side more fun!"
    Mara snorted, which sounded suspiciously like a disguised giggle, but she said nothing.
    "Besides," Corran added, "It'll give us a chance to get back at Janson... for almost every prank he's ever pulled on us!"
    Mirax smirked, "You're gonna have to do it now, Luke... especially after Janson sewed an ewok on your Jedi robe, last month."
    "Ungh... don't remind me. All right, I'll help..."
    ==============
    Wedge rubbed at his face with a towl, drying the sweat on his forehead.
    After a slightly gruelling workout, he felt in perfect shape... if a bit tired.
    Anyway, it wasn't for him.
    It was for Janson (who had to work off way too much energy), and Hobbie (who said he was having troubles getting his dress uniform on), and for Tycho, who was starting to get bored... very bored.
    Janson and Hobbie were flopped down on the floor, side by side, gasping for breath.
    It'd been months since their last engagement. The entire squadron was getting bored.
    The door to the gymnasium opened, and an admiring whistle sounded.
    Wedge turned to grin at his wife, Iella.
    Winter was standing beside her, and immediately, she covered her eyes, "Oh, Wedge... put a shirt on, or I'll never be satisfied with any other man..."
    "Hey!" Tycho protested.
    He picked up his commanding officer's shirt, and threw it at him.
    Wedge caught the garment, grinned mischeviously, and flexed his arms, eliciting an appreciative purr from Iella.
    Winter pressed the back of her hand against her forehead, sighed, and moaned, "My hero..."
    Janson and Hobbie exchanged, "Yeah, right," looks.
    Gavin, who had been working out on the chin-up bar on the other side of the room, came over.
    Wedge frowned, noticing that Gavin was still wearing his shirt, "Aren't you hot?"
    Gavin shrugged, giving a lopsided grin, "It ain't too bad."
    Wedge nodded, "All right. After Kettch and Bugbite are done dying of exhaustion, I'm going to have all of us head to the hangar for some--"
    A blaster shot sounded.
    Gavin's grin faded, as his face contorted in pain.
    He fell, face down on the floor, and almost immediately, Winter was kneeling beside him.
    Before Winter rolled Gavin over on his back, Wedge saw the smoking blaster wound that charred the back of his shirt.
    "Janson!" Wedge shouted, "Call a medic, quick!"
    "No need," Winter said, quietly, after checking his pulse.
    "He's dead."
    ================
    "Wedge, the gymnasium you were all in was a perfect strike point. The spectator stands above it go all around the room... it's impossible to track down the assassin from that area."
    Wedge frowned, "But why would someone assassinate Gavin?"
    Admiral Ackbar leaned forward, "Maybe he, or she, wasn't going after Gavin. The intended Target may very well have been you, General. Now, go home, and get some sleep. Make sure your quarters are secure."
    The signal on Ackbar's office door sounded.
    "Come," Ackbar said.
    The door opened, and Gate rolled in, carrying an envelope in his extended grappling claw.
    The droid rolled over to Wedge, and held the envelope out to him.
    Wedge took it, and hesitantly opened it.
    A piece of flimsy fell out.
    Wedge picked it up. Words had been burned into the flimsiplast.
    'Booster Terrik will be my servant in Death.'
    Wedge frowned, and handed the flimsy to Ackbar.
    Just then, his comm signaled. He answered, "Antilles, here."
    "Wedge!"
    "Iella?"
    "Get home, quickly... Mirax Terrik is dead!"
    =============

2. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    Umm....... Evil. I have to admit that much. Evil, but at the same time, very cool. I just have one question...

Booster Terrik will be my partner in Death.

"Get home, quickly... Mirax terrik is dead!"

Can you explain how those two work together? Please? :confused:

3. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

Sep 9, 2003
    Servant, actually, not partner.
    And I got that from Dean Koontz's "Seize the Night", where it says
    "So-and-so will be my servant in Hell", but I changed it, to say Death, just to make it interesting.
    Anyway, the guy who wrote that would kidnap the children of the person mentioned in the letter.
    It'll make sense, later, you'll see... but if I fully explain, it'll give away the plot.

4. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    Sorry about the mis-quote, and I hope the other parts are as good as this one was.

5. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

Sep 9, 2003
    Writer's block... WAH!!!

6. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

Sep 9, 2003
    Righto, looks like I've been slightly inactive with this one... *blushes* Shortie, heh heh...
    Chapter II:

Wedge awoke to the sound of his comm buzzing, irritably.
    He had fallen asleep at his desk, and the crick in his neck informed him of that fact.
    He slapped the comm on, "Ungh... y'ello?"
    "General Antilles?"
    "Mmm-hmm?"
    "Tycho Celchu is dead, and Wes Janson has been arrested, as suspect of Colonel Celchu's murder. I'm very sorry."
    Wedge's heart stopped.
    "Janson?"
    "He pleads innocent, but three witnesses say they saw Major Janson enter Celchu's office, and shoot him."
    "Who were the witnesses?"
    "Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade Skywalker, and Corran Horn."
    ==========
    Janson was sitting on the cell's cot, with his head in his hands.
    "Janson... why?" Wedge asked, studying his friend, behind the bars of the prison cell.
    Janson looked up, "I didn't, Wedge. I don't know why everyone says I did, but I didn't. I couldn't have killed Tycho.
    "Well, Wes," Hobbie said, "Someone did kill him. Someone who looks exactly like you, and was smart enough to fool three Jedi."
    Janson rested his head in his hands again, with a defeated sigh.
    "Don't worry, Janson. We'll find whoever is behind this. I promise."
    Hobbie added, "We both will."
    Janson managed a half-hearted grin, "Uh-oh. Watch out, criminal. Rogue Leader is on the case."
    Wedge smiled, "We'll be back to see you again, tomorrow. Be careful, Janson."
    "What? I ain't going anywhere."
    "Yes, but whoever set you up just might decide to make you his next target."
    "And no heroic escape attempts," Hobbie added, "We don't want to have to pay for the repairs."
    ==========
    "Well? What now?" Hobbie asked.
    "I don't know, Hobbie. We'll think of something, though."
    Hobbie sighed, "It seems like our lives our falling apart. I'm going to go get a drink, want to come?"
    Wedge was about to say 'yes', but for some reason, he suddenly didn't feel like it. "Nah... I'm fine. Thanks, though."
    "Right. I'm gonna be at the Sarlacc if you need me."
    "Ok. Bye, Hobbie."
    Hobbie got into his speeder, and Wedge turned to walk away.
    As he walked, he heard the engine of the speeder start up.
    Any other noise the vehicle made was covered up by the explosion.
    Wedge whirled, "Hobbie!!!"
    The speeder was a flaming, charring shell.
    "HOBBIE!!!"
    -------------
    *is evil*

7. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

Sep 9, 2003
    Awww, c'mon, people... isn't anyone reading this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.