main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Captain Phasma (chrometrooper) character thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Loupgarou, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    Every Star Wars film needs a great secondary villain. Though we've only seen glimpses of this character, their swagger is enough; this chrome, caped wonder is almost certainly that villain. The name Phasma is still unconfirmed (simply known to be a registered trademark name), but seems to fit perfectly, as does the rumored casting of Gwendoline Christie. I would love a female villain, but since Gwendoline's role is still simply speculation, Phasma's gender remains unknown.I get serious Fett vibes off of them, especially considering how Boba was originally intended to be an 'elite stormtrooper', which is precisely what Phasma seems to be. Plot rumors say Phasma is Finn's superior, tracking him down after he deserts the First Order.
    Characters that fill this role don't always need much depth, as they act more as (really cool looking) obstacles, leaving the pathos to bigger villains (like Kylo). But that doesn't have to be the case, and watching Brienne on game of thrones reveals her acting prowess. I kind of hope that, if she is Phasma, she gets a chance to show some dimension. Maybe even take the helmet off a little, though you can definitely do a lot of acting even with your face covered through body language and dialogue.
    I'd like to hear your opinions and theories on this character, because i feel we're only going to see more and more of them. They have the looks to be quite popular regardless of screentime, like Fett and Maul.

2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Isn't this covered by the Gwendoline Christie thread?

Dak Oolron likes this.
  3. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    My first reaction based on just the look:

A so-so attempt at the Boba Fett "special Stormtrooper" formula. I guess it fits with everything else we've seen so far, which are almost all lightly reworked designs and ideas from the OT films. I'm still holding out to see the wholly new designs that grab you...honestly all I see is a Stormtrooper with a paint job and a cape (and I definitely liked Boba Fett's paint job better). Apart from that there's not really much else to go on to say much of anything, the rumor is that it's GC and she's Finn's boss and that's all I've heard.

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think she looks cool. The cape is a nice touch. I'm bummed that she no longer seems to have a lightsaber. However, like the rest of the new Empire, I love the black and red colour scheme.

5. Messi

Messi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2015
    Captain Phasma looks awesome, more than the main villain (Kylo Ren) in my opinion. We just have to wait to see who is the actor of this character, is really Gwendolin? Months ago we heard rumors of Phasma using a ligthsaber, is that real? Just gonna leave this concept art of Ralph McQuarrie Stromtrooper for the OT. Looks soo cool:

[​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yup.

Dak Oolron likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.