main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Captain Rex in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CoolyFett, Apr 19, 2015.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Anyone here a fan of Rex? I think he brings a lot to Star Wars, curious how other fans feel no that he will be in Rebels from TCW.

2. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    I'm a huge Captain Rex fan (obviously) and just a huge clone/commando/ARC troopers/mandalorian fan in general. I'm excited to see what Rex and the other clones bring to Rebels, I'm doubful it's for supplies so I'm going to guess that they are trying to hit the Empire were it hurts. Wolffe, Rex and Gregor were all ranking officers in the Republic and probably have a ton of information that would be valuable. Not to mention, all three could probably take on a few squad of Stormtroopers and come out on top.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I doubt any "official" information has come out regarding how he escaped the fate of the rest of the clones following Order 66. Seeing the new trailer to Season 2, it kind of reminded me of the episode in TCW where encountered a clone who abandoned the battalion and settled on a rogue planet to have a family of his own.

CoolyFett and Iron_lord like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well we know he removed his chip.

5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Huge fan of Rex, here! Huge.

We may not yet have any idea how he did it, but I sure was over the moon with the news that Rex actually survived the Clone War.

As far as the answers to that "how"? Well, that's where the fun begins. :)

Hopefully Season 2 of Rebels will begin to give us some of that info. At least I'd like some word on how Rex, Wolffe and Gregor all got together during the Imperial Period.

But I suppose that the question we all want answered before that is "What happened with Rex during Order 66?" Was the Captain there, or did he have his chip out before that ever went down?

Did Rex desert the GAR? Given his commitment and loyalty to his brothers, that's awfully hard for me to believe. But if he were to follow-up on Fives' claims, and eventually uncover the truth about the clones' creation for himself? Well, that might be the one thing which I could see prompting Rex to actually consider leaving.

With so many unknowns, I'd really love to see any remaining TCW stories with Rex published in one form or another. And my dream for Rex would be to see him in a live action film/television series.

But for now, I'll just bask in the glow of the happy news of Celebration.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There is always Rogue one.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  8. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I'm a fan of Captain Rex, one of my favorite clones in TCW. The Umbarra arc is where he really shined as well as the episode The Deserter.

9. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Ive been watching TCW, I think it was a good move to pick one of the clones to be a central character, in the Complete Saga, we dont get many soldier characters to get to know. TCW did a great job at making the soldiers matter to the audience. I wonder if Rex and crew would ever get a book or spinoff film based on the time between TCW and Rebels. Captain Rex deserves more media.

10. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    So, someone over in the Rebel Scum collectibles forum pointed this out, and while I realize the folks there were only joking, I actually think that they've hit upon a pretty cool little idea.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Remember him from Episode VI? :D

Okay, now let's have another look at the new Rex:

[​IMG]

Interesting, huh? I mean, here is a Rebel soldier who has no hair up top, but with a full, white beard...

For me, it's a photo of the Sideshow figure which really seals it:

[​IMG]

Yes, he's thinner in the face than Rebels' Rex, and he looks older, too.

But by going from 4 BBY (Season 2 of Rebels) to 4 ABY (ROTJ), you've added roughly another 15 years to Rex's age, putting him in his late 60s.

So to me, the age does actually line-up beautifully.

But that's not all: Remember that the Rebel commandos on Endor had 'Gramps' be the one to wear the captured biker scout armor? Well, if that old timer were actually Rex, wouldn't it make an awful lot of sense having him be the guy to wear the gear? After all, Rex would be the guy to instinctively understand how to impersonate a 'trooper.

I know, I know. I'm just getting excited and swinging for the fences again. I can't help it. :p

But this is actually one character ret-con that I would be very happy to get behind.

Whaddya say, Story Group? Since we wiped out Nik Sant's EU back story from the canon, how about we turn this ROTJ old-timer into Rex?

Let's make the historic Battle of Endor Rex's final, successful mission before he hangs-up his guns!

11. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
  12. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Lol, is that character's name really Nik Sants? Never change Star Wars, never change.

13. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Awesome discovery. Kinda hope it's not official because I always imagined Rex fighting in his clone armor. Only times he made another suit work was in the Onderon arc and the Zygerria arc. Also 4 BBY to 4 ABY. Isn't that 8 years and not 15? I'm not sure how the timeline works with the years but I'm pretty sure that's only an 8 year difference. Also how old is Rex during season 2 of Rebels?

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean thats not a retcon because there is nothing to retcon so we got that going for us.

15. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013
    Rex is one of my favorite characters in Star Wars, seeing him in the trailer was amazing. I hope they do not kill him off soon or i will be so upset

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think he will stick around for at least season 2.

MrCody likes this.
  17. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    It's not official. Not at all. Just an idea.

We see that in Rebels, Rex is still rocking some of that old clone armor, so don't worry, he hasn't ditched it. :)

But for a mission like the one the Rebel strike team was tasked with on Endor, it makes sense that they'd be wearing the camo gear. Anybody wearing clone armor in that forest would have stuck out like... well, like the Stormtroopers did! :p

Right, 8 years for most beings. But because clones age at twice the rate of normal, for Rex, those eight years would be like adding 16.

First-generation Fett clones (like Rex) would have been born 28 years before Season 2 of Rebels. But again, since they've aged at twice the rate of 'regular' humans, by the time we are reintroduced to Rex, Wolffe and Gregor, they will be the equivalent of roughly 56 years old.

With the Battle of Endor taking place roughly eight years later, if Rex were still around, he'd actually be about 72 years old (I know I said "late 60s" before, but I was just 'ball-parking' the number). So, even though he'd only been alive for 36 years, or so, his body would be the euivalent of twice that number.

All of which -- I think -- actually makes Rex a pretty perfect candidate for that unknown Rebel commando on Endor. :)

18. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Never underestimate the powers of a devoted SW fan to jump on the most mad of theories and run with it like the wind. :p

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  19. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Is it confirmed that clones do age at twice the rate or grow at twice the rate? Because didn't the Kaminoans only say the clones had growth acceleration? Also isn't 72 a bit old to be fighting? I hope Rex and company find a solution to the clone aging.

20. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I can't remember if it's ever explicitly stated, but I believe the "doubled growth rate" at least comes from the fact that as Dooku commissioned the clone army ten years prior to the start of the War, the Clones would need to be grown at least twice as fast to have reached prime fighting age by the time the "first batch" is ready as described to Kenobi.

Iron_lord likes this.
  21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If they aged normally after they turned 20 (physically) in AOTC and their growth stopped - then in Rebels they would be 39 or so.

But they look more like they're in their late 50s - suggestive of "rapid aging" rather than just "growth acceleration only during childhood"

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Ah that makes sense.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Here is a quote from DF “This is a funny joke because I realized that none of the clones, outside of Rex, actually knew that Anakin and Padme were married,” said Filoni, explaining the fact that the piece of art showed up on the side of the Bad Batch’s shuttle. The conversation between Rex, Wrecker, and Anakin is one of my favorite moments from “The Bat Batch” arc.

Wow this is very interesting.

24. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Unfortunately, yes. It has been confirmed.

I was hoping it would be, as you say, just twice the rate of growth for the clones until they reached physical maturity. A lot of fans held on to the idea that there was room to interpret the Kaminoans words that way (and I was one of them).

But some Story Group rep (I forget whether it was Filoni or maybe Hildalgo) came out and denounced this and confirmed that it's a life-long process.

That, and as Iron_lord says, their Rebels' appearance suggests pretty strongly that the aging has continued.

As far as if 72 is too old to be fighting? I don't know? Maybe that soldier does look a little old to be there on the mission... but there he is! George Lucas put the guy in the film (too old or not). :)

The character is there and he has to be somebody. So I'm just saying "Come on, Story Group -- throw us a bone and say that it's Rex."

Unless, of course -- and I hate to even suggest it -- they have the idea of killing Rex off, first (which would make me sad, indeed). =((

How old does that white-bearded guy in ROTJ look to you? I'd say that suggesting he looks to be in his late 60s isn't necessarily out-of-the-question. Looking at the guy, I'm easily willing to accept that he could be a 72 year old Rex on "one last mission."

25. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

Yeah, I thought Filoni gave something away by mistake but it seems like common knowledge.