main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Captain Rex in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CoolyFett, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    So that's where the "Captain Punch-Punch" thing comes from! I had forgotten that scene!

2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    It was supposed to be serious? :confused:more like comic relief to me.

3. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    What's so comic relief about a Stormtrooper being mercilessly and casually shot point blank in the head by Sabine? :p

4. Sannom

Nov 14, 2011
    Well he's just a faceless mook, in these stories their deaths don't really matter. Have Sabine shoot a relatively important character at close range like that, then we're talking!

CoolyFett and Dinos4Ever like this.
  5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Tbh a bit of an issue for me with the show is the idea that good guys can shoot/steal and pretty much do whatever they want cause hey there good guys it's ok, especially after robbing from the Merchant that was just wrong but portrayed as funny and cool.

6. Sannom

Nov 14, 2011
    That merchant was a jerk. Not to mention that that leg was stolen anyways. Chopper only took back a piece of himself.:D

And since I know that you also have a problem with The Call and the crew stealing from honest, innocent miners : those weren't independent miners which had their source of income stolen from them, they were employees of a galactic corporation that is in a very lucrative relationship with the Empire (and tacitly supports its rule because it makes for more profits).

7. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    So they have a contract with the Government of the Galaxy. So what is it they should do then, stop or die. What about feeding there own families ?.

What that is, is the rule through fear and law of the gun. Do what the Ghost crew say or they kill you. All for the cause of course. That's the excuse of terrorists the world over. Anyone THEY consider to be doing something wrong then THEY have the right to do what they like to them.
    I'm just or sure that's the sort of message that needs be shown in jmo.

8. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    As long as people know the difference between fiction and reality, I think we're fine.

CoolyFett and fett 4 like this.
  9. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I agree :)

10. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    *Is spraying lots of graffiti on buildings*
    Fi...fiction?

11. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Im curious if Rex will make it to the end of season 3. How will they explain the lose of Ahsoka? I cant remember if Rex and Maul ever encountered in TCW. Wonder what Rex will think of Kanan losing his site to Maul.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It possible that Rex might have seen him during SOM

13. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Siege of Mandalore

15. Thomo93

Thomo93 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015
    According to Filoni, Rex survives Rebels and appears in ROTJ. He participates in the Battle Of Endor as the old white bearded man in Han Solo's strike team. This is an amazing Retcon & so glad he survives. I'm just hopeing they explain one day, if Rex finally discovers the last name of the Rebel who blew up the first Death Star. Weather or not he'll keep it to himself or introduce himself to Luke and tell some history of his late father. (Perhaps after the events of ROTJ ofcourse, seeing as Obi Wan told Luke about his father that he didn't know):)
    [​IMG]

16. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Has Filoni actually said that?

Hm...personally I don't think I like it. That actor doesn't look an old Temuera Morrison, and how old would Rex appear by then? Still young enough for combat?

17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I think he was just having fun with fan theories.

18. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Yeah we definitely shouldn't take him seriously in that regard. It's possible Rex would have died of old age by then, anyway, due to the age acceleration.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    72 is not old enough really for your body to die of " old age"

20. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Well is there an official "life expectancy" in the GFFA? Perhaps old age wasn't the best term. What I meant was that it would be a bit of a stretch to say that a 72 year old man was actively fighting in a war and hadn't had some kind of health complication yet.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree with you completely I was just stating that if Cut Lawquane was still alive 4 months after Endor Rex could be to, but then again Rex has been fighting way more then Cut ever did.

22. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Wait Cut was alive post Jedi? Where are you getting that info?

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Someone referred to an "Old Man Lawquane" in the book Aftermath, suggesting Cut was still around then.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The book Aftermath someone calls him "old man Lawquane"

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  25. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Really? That's cool. I need to read that book.