main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Captain Rex in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CoolyFett, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Its a very short mention, but its still worth the read IMO.

2. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Yeah I figured that, but I've heard good things about it.

3. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Has there been any mention of Wolfe or Greggor since they first reintroduced them?

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Nope. They are just fishing.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  5. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    I can't remember if it was Dave or Pablo that floated the idea that Rex was the grizzled old Rebel commando in Return of the Jedi.

6. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Rex and Ahsoka, thought it was a cool image.

[​IMG]

Devizz, Dinos4Ever and MandoArtist like this.
  7. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Did Ahsoka tell Rex that Anakin is Vader ?

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    She had plenty of time to say that she might think he was Anakin, but not until the dual did ahsoka actually know.

9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Maybe he'll find out the hard way.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean unless he somehow stumbles upon it I don't know how he would find out?

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Ezra overheard the convo during the duel between the two.

12. Thomo93

Thomo93 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015

Well, as stated by other's here. Cut Lawquane, Who was a Clone Trooper ofcourse who abanoned the Grand Army of The Republic after fighting in the Battle of Geonosis. Was mentioned to be still alive by an old man in the Canon novel, Aftermath. Which is set after the events of Return Of The Jedi. So its very much possible that Rex & or other Clones can still to be alive & active around that time. Also, everyone seems to think because of ''Age acceleration'' that Clones die off within 20 or less normal human years. I highly doubt its that fast.. They could easily live around maybe 40 standard human years & now Cut Lawquane is now CANON proof of that.

Yeah, he said it. And I have proof, I tweeted this to Pablo Hidalgo probably around a month or more ago & this was my response from him. If anyone knows Pablo Hidalgo, he'll imediatley squash your rumour that's either true or false that you put forth toward him, he doesn't beat around the bush. In this case, he neither said yes or no but I can tell he was hinting at a possible yes. I believe from this, its highly likely it will happen.
    Also, I get what you mean about the actor not looking much like Temuera Morrison, but it wouldn't hurt to use abit of imagination. (Not meaning to be offensive) You can hardly make out for actors face properly anyway in the total 4 shots he's in & in my opinion, he looks tanned enough to pass as a Fett Clone. But then again, its just my opinion. lol
    Also here's where Dave Filoni was first interviewed about the subject: http://www.slashfilm.com/captain-rex-in-return-of-the-jedi/
    [​IMG]

13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    No, unless they cgi him[modern day Morrison] :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Interesting thing about Morrison is he is 55 years old and that's the exact same age as Rex

15. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    I think they are considering whether he should die or not. I am guessing the initial plan was to kill him off since I think it would fit the character really well but then that entire rebel commando endor thing started... I guess it would be a nice touch and yet another thing linking star wars together nicely but... I still think Rex is likely to die at some point in Rebels. I really expect him to meet face to face with Vader and I don't think he will survive that encounter.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They said the same thing about Ahsoka just saying.

17. WannaBuySomeDeathSticks

WannaBuySomeDeathSticks Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    If Rex is going to die, it should simply be from old age IMO. Correct me if I am wrong, but the clones age at an accelerated rate. What is months for everyone else is years for him.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Its not that fast its only 2 times the normal rate so
    6 months= 1 year

Rex could live up to 50 normal years and he would be alive in 16 aby or if you really wanna push your luck a first generation clone could be alive during 26 ABY but they'd be freakin old.

Although we do know that there is at least one clone still alive by the force awakens and if everything goes well for him he could be alive during the year 76 ABY

This is also not including the fact that it might be possible to slow the aging rate back to normal like what happened in the EU, but thats unlikely and never made much sense to me.

19. WannaBuySomeDeathSticks

WannaBuySomeDeathSticks Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    I'm not really up to date on the the new canon books. Is that how we know at least 1 clone is alive during the events of TFA?

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Several clones are present in the OT era (novels: Smuggler's Run, and Aftermath) - I don't recall a clone being called out as present in the TFA era though.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Remember Kix? He was cryo frozen for 50 years and woken just before TFA.

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I see -- the Crimson Corsair short story.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Isn't that sorta insane to think about? That there could be a clone still alive almost 60 some years after they were created?

24. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014

That is exactly why they need to kill him off. Him dying from old age would be so pointless and meaningless, not fitting his character at all. Any sane writer would not end him in such a way. He needs to die fighting, Rex is a warrior.

25. inquisitorius-picnic

inquisitorius-picnic Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2016
    It was Dave. I forget which interview at the moment.