main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Caption Action

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Night4554, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    yes. i cant help but be filled with laughter

2. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    Was that sarcasm? :mad: 8-}

3. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Erm....yes. Its a joke. That does not actually happen. It is actually a variation of the main joke that comes from that pic when un-doctored....

4. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I figured something to this effect would come up, so let me spaek right now:

Anyone can submit any number of captions. What I do is take all captions, and go through them. Those that I personally consider funny (cause whose sense of humor can I judge against, except my own) make the cut. I can honestly say I don't look at authors. That's why some people have 4 in a row (which I notice later when i do a once-over on the finished page) and others have none.

To make sure that nothing offensive gets through I run a search on curse words.

If anyone would like to volenteer and go through the batch of captions (I beleive last time we had 330+) I'll include em on the page where we differ. (Within reason - no curses, DANESPAEK, inside jokes or innuendo allowed of course)

That all said, Mark noticed that we needed more non-JO pics, and I concur. If I don't get some funny ones in I'm going to get some cruddy thing from XWA or something ;)

¤Night

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    *I* think the pic's funny. :p

"Everytime you post, God kills a kitten. Think of all the kittens! :("

[face_laugh]

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > That does not actually happen.

Bah. The secret's out. God does NOT actually possess an army of stuffed toys that kill kittens when you are naughty.

> That all said, Mark noticed that we needed more non-JO pics, and I concur.

I also agree. I am playing Shadows of the Empire at present, I will try and grab some screenies from there if I can.

It's the captions that make the thing funny, you don't need a super-dooper crazy screenie to make the Caption Action funny. Just something that will lend itself to good captioning!

7. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    If anyone would like to volenteer and go through the batch of captions (I beleive last time we had 330+) I'll include em on the page where we differ. (Within reason - no curses, DANESPAEK, inside jokes or innuendo allowed of course)

Are you saying that someone else goes through the captions, selects the ones that they think are funny, as long as they are within reason, and you include the ones that you did not select on the caption page. Am I right on that?

EDIT: if that's so, I'd love to help out! :)

8. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    I'll help out if I can also....

9. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    Hmmm. more volenteers than needed I'd say, we can't have literally every caption up...

anyway: I'll try and do the captioning earlier, say Saturday instead of Sunday night, and then I'll pm you two guys all the captions I didn't pick, and you can have your go at it. Pm me back by sunday night, and i'll update it.

¤Night

10. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    That all said, Mark noticed that we needed more non-JO pics, and I concur. If I don't get some funny ones in I'm going to get some cruddy thing from XWA or something

Well Spaceballs is PG if you think about it. ;) ;)

11. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    Thanks Night! :)

12. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    Updated.

Additional humor reveiwers: Lord_Homer and Aragon327

¤Night

13. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    eh, I really didn't like the captions I had to select from. 85% of them were, "That droids got a bad motivator!" I was going insane trying to pic good ones!

14. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    [face_laugh] Did you put at least ONE "That droid's got a bad motivator" in there? (No, that wasn't what I entered :p ).

15. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    actually, I did, well, 2 [face_blush]

they were kinda funny, so I picked them.

Bad motivators getting you down? All you need is Lando Brand giant aspirin! Note: Side affects include explosion.
    and......
    Sweet! Han's guard droid has a bad motivator! Now i can steal the keys to the Falcon and get my baby back!

Also, around 10% of them were very innapropriate, if you know what I mean ;) ;) :eek:

16. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    I've submitted 7 screenies (Non-JO) tonight :) ;)

17. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    updated! w00t! we'll catch up to Humor in no time ;)

18. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Heh. My old skinpack. // sigh //

[image=http://www.massassi.net/levels/screenshots/jp301.jpg] [image=http://www.massassi.net/levels/screenshots/jp302.jpg]

Wonder how many Hannibal / Corleone in-joke captions you're gonna get...

19. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I have a bunch of JK screens at that yahoo site we used for a bit. I looked them over but the only one that would be funny is JP's 6ft Ewok.

Edit: I have shots of his skin for fierce flamingo,it's big pink flamingo, too that might be good for a laugh.

20. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    I lost all my old JK shots, all I have left is the few I put on the Yahoo site. I went through those today, and maybe someone should send in one of the Endor Battle shots? SFL had a good one...

21. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    I'd love to put up a Galatic BattleGrounds shot, or Force Commander, or just about anything other than JK or JO. Send me something marginally interesting within 7 hours of this post and in all probability it'll go up.

¤Night

22. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I got some SOTE ones I grabbed for you a week back. Won't be able to send for about 9-10 hours though...

23. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    Put up a new JO one. When I first saw it I thought "They can run like that!"

Props as usual to LH & Aragorn for help. If you guys ever get tired or don't want to do it, just drop me a pm.

¤Night

24. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    you didn't ask for my help again :( WHY DOES THE WORLD HATE ME?! :_|

25. AragornsGhost327

AragornsGhost327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2001
    Me too....now I feel depressed... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.