main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Captive" (An Episode II SabéWan) updated 6-01

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JazzyJedi, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    Ok folks, it's time for me to throw another take on my favorite 'ship at ya!

Some of you have read earlier versions of this, and I hope you won't mind that I've posted it here. I will continue beyond this, but I have to get the beginning out or I'll never finish! ;)

Anyway, this has nothing to do with the earlier stories that have been nominated over at the FanFic awards (shameless plug--go vote!) so you can start fresh with a new look here. I do hope you'll enjoy and remember, I do crave feedback!

"Captive"
    Summary: What happens when a Jedi who's long counseled against attachments faces the fact that he has one of his own. Can be considered an AU, so just go with it. :)

Prologue
    ?Mission accomplished??

?Another day at the Great Game, yes. The message should get to the Queen in time for her to warn the Senator.? The slim pretty blonde sighed, stretching as she settled into the co-pilot?s seat. ?It?s a relief to get back into real clothes.? She took a moment to smooth her jumpsuit before she belted in.

The pilot glanced at her sideways, a teasing grin on his face. ?Won?t catch me complaining about those outfits, Milady.?

She crossed her arms, raised one eyebrow and faked a stern look.

?All right,? he laughed. ?But you can?t blame a guy for looking.?

?I can,? she replied, gently elbowing him in the ribs. ?Now let?s stick to business, shall we??

?Oh, you?re right.? The pilot checked their position. ?We are heading into the trickiest leg of the trip. If our luck holds, we?ll be able to slip through this system just like last time. On little cat feet.?

?Very funny. Keep your day job and just fly the ship,? the young woman admonished.

Suddenly a jolt shook their small craft. A voice speaking slowly in a hoarse tone came through the comm system.

?Humans, you have wandered into protected space. Prepare to be towed onto our ship.?

?No, I don?t think so,? The pilot growled. ?Milady, hold on!?

?It?s not going to be that easy, Cal! We?ve suffered damage to the port side.? The woman pointed to the lights flashing on the panel.

?But they can?t find out! We?ll make a run for it back to the?? Before he could finish, the control panel in front of him exploded in smoke and sparks, rendering the pilot unconscious.

?Cal!? She shook him, but got no response. The woman unbelted the pilot and checked for his vital signs. Thankful that he was still breathing, she moved him out of the chair and looked for the first aid kit. The ship lurched and distantly she heard the computer warning of a hull breach.

Before she knew it, she looked up and saw a massive silhouette in the cabin doorway.

My Padawan is talented...I mean really talented. Even though we'd never had the close knit bond of most master-padawan teams, he still knew where to find me, and I was trying to evade him 'till I got some personal issues sorted out.

His tone was kind. He sensed that I needed compassion. "Master?"

I didn't turn to face him yet. I needed a little more time, just a moment more, while I put on the facade that I would permit myself to show him. "Welcome back. I'll speak with you after I've finished my meditation."

He didn't accept that. Instead, he joined me at my side, kneeling. "I could use some meditation too, Master."

Anakin never fails to astonish me. He had come here to tell me something important, something that was troubling him, and yet here he was, putting that aside to offer support to me. We didn't speak for awhile, content to let the waters of the thousand fountains fill the silence as we reached out to the Force. I allowed him to comfort me as I wondered if I had anything left to give him.

After awhile he spoke. "There's something I have to tell you, Master. I must disclose it now before someone from the Council senses it."

I nodded. "You wish to confess your attachments, both to your mother and the senator."

"Yes Master," h

2. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003

Sabe and Obi Wan sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G First comes- okay I'm done poor Obi getting grilled left right and center about Sabe serves him right though.
    I hope Sabe is okay Plz post soon

3. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Welcome back, Jazzy :D It's good to see you posting again and an Obi-Wan/Sabe fanfic. Can't wait to read the rest.

~aeryn

4. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Nothing like a good SabeWan!
    Gets self comfy in thread all all ready for a romantic ride!

5. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Up!

~aeryn

6. HandmaidenAnde

HandmaidenAnde Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    So many questions! Will Obi meet up with Sabé? Was Sabé the blond in the opening scene? Did Obi-Wan interrupt Anakin's honeymoon? Will Hermoine get more lines? ;)

Excellet start, Jazzy! Great to see another story from you. Can't wait to read more.

Andé :)

7. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    <jumps up and down with glee> Jazzy's back! Jazzy's back! Wooohoo! And she's brought Sabé with her!!!!

(Sorry if I missed this....could someone help me with the time frame, here? I've got a vague idea, but not very specific.)

8. JazzyJedi

Jul 7, 2000
    Hey, thanks everyone! :)

I'm sorry to say, no post this week, as I have to complete the monthly inventory on my four locations. But I should be able to hunker down and get something done for you after that.

BTW, GB, the prologue would be set just before Episode II and Obi's POV takes place just after the same. That will become more apparent with time.

Hang in there! And in the meantime, enjoy some of the Jazz Fest!

9. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    "Anakin, you seem disheveled. Have you been working out?"

"You could say that, Master."

**cracks up** You know what's really funny is I can soooo hear both Ewan and Hadyn saying those lines :p

This is very interesting, Jazzy. I am, of course, accustomed to your other Sabe/Obi, so it's neat to see this new twist that has the AotC influences. I'll be keeping an eye out! :)

I'm finally only two posts away from the very first meeting between Sabé and Obi in my own Sabéwan fic. *coughshamelessplugcough* Of course, it's just the TPM street scene, so hardly anything noteworthy happens. lol

Oooh look, RHS people! Yeesh, I need to check back in there. Haven't done so in awhile.... **hangs head in shame** ;)

10. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Yes, Sache8, you do need to check in. ;~)

Just upping this in the impatient wait for more!

11. jedi_enigma

jedi_enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2002
    ::Finishes reading and sighs contently.:: That was beyond wonderful! [face_love]
    ::The pulls out lightsabre and begins to twirl it "casually".:: Though my contentment won't last too long. [face_devil]
    8-} J/J I hope you get the next part up soon!
    UP! :D

12. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    Up
    Can't wait for more

13. JazzyJedi

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm dropping by to let y'all know that I am working out the rest of the story. I'm getting bits out and running it by the resident consultant, and I'll be posting as soon as it passes muster. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

And thanks for the great feedback!

14. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    that's cool jazzy :D

~aeryn

15. lt_ketch09

lt_ketch09 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    :D Yippee! Jazzy's back!

I'm so glad to see this here. I was afraid that this wouldn't be continued.

So is Sabe the blonde in the beginning, or is it Eirtae, since she was the only official blonde handmaiden :confused:

Anyways, I'm anxiously awaiting the next posts. :D[face_love][face_blush]

16. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Hmmmm....random musings as we wait while Jazzy works on the next post. :~D

Title thoughts: OK, clearly the someone (presumably Sabé) is on the verge of becoming a "captive" at the beginning of the story. As she is missing, I'd bet that's a pretty safe assumption. However, I get the impression that Obi-Wan is going to be experiencing his own sort of captivity.....clearly, his apprentice Anakin is driven and controlled by his love for Padmé....and Obi-Wan, I think, is going to discover the depths of his feelings for Sabé, becoming torn by his own love outside of his duty.

Haircolor: Hmmmm, could be a couple of things. 1) She's in disguise 2) Keira Knightley (the actress who portrayed Sabé) has appeared as a very dark blonde in several recent roles, and our own dear author could be playing on that. I guess 3) could be that it isn't Sabé at all in the first scene, but that the presumed disappearance/death of the character in it is a lead on the pirates and connected somehow to what has happened to Sabé.

<whistles and waits>

17. jedi_enigma

Jul 16, 2002
  18. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I was hoping for a post, to inspire me.

~aeryn

19. JazzyJedi

Jul 7, 2000
    Thanks for the ups and for bearing with me! It's getting close to being worthy of my wondeful readers, I promise! :)

And also my sincere thanks to all those who voted for me in the FanFiction Awards. Runner-up isn't bad at all! Sorry I don't have a great speech ready, but believe me, I am very grateful to my readers!

Be Back Soon!

20. jedi_enigma

Jul 16, 2002
    I command you to go UP! :D

21. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    so, can we expect a post soon, jazzy ? :D

~aeryn

22. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    Plz post soon!! I want to know what happens
    This fic is so good

23. JazzyJedi

Jul 7, 2000
    A short post, but I wanted to let y'all know that the story is still active. Thanks to Jedi Rah for providing consultation services on this part!

After several weeks of evading other Ligra ships, I?d finally found the one I was seeking. I had been loitering in the gravity shadow of planets along the most vulnerable trade route. The markings matched the description of a vessel that had turned an injured human pilot over to a Republic ship at the edge of their space. As this was a rare event, I took it as a sign that the crew would be more open to contact with outworlders.

A rough voice growled through the comm system. ?Ahhh! The little bird of trouble! Your journey ends here. We are not so easy to get away from!? Even filtered through the electronics, there was a note of triumph in his tone.

I allowed myself some small satisfaction over causing such a stir. I?d never admit it to anyone, of course, but the evasive moves it had taken to avoid capture by other ships had been challenging. The Ligra were good at strategy and they?d be an asset to the Republic.

To stay consistent, I cleared my mind and began to take evasive moves that I had done before. There was no reason yet to let the crew know that I wanted them to catch me. I reached out with the Force to sense the mood of the gunner. I flew away from them at what must look like my top speed and waited. For a long second the only sound that could be herd in the cockpit were my deep calming breaths and the soft creak of my leather flight suit. Now, my instincts guided me and I swerved as an ion cannon blast whizzed past me right where I had just been. Engines groaning in protest, I banked and reversed direction, heading back in the direction the Ligra ship had come from. Just out of tractor beam range, but not ion cannon range, I swerved and rolled as I passed under their ship. I smiled again; my assessment of the Ligra had been correct. In their desperate scramble to hit me, not a single laser cannon had been fired despite the frustration I felt in them. My maneuver alone might have been enough to confuse most captains, but not this one. He waited until I had passed behind him, then altered his course just enough so that I caught part of the blast of his engines. This caused enough turbulence that I was thrown off course until he was able to reverse direction and was on my tail again.

After a few rolls, I straightened out, waiting for the next move from the Ligra as they gained on me. The wave of triumph that emanated from them alerted me to another impending strike and I smoothly veered out of the way of their ion fire. A few minutes of this sort of thing, and I could feel the moment had come. Timing my move perfectly, I allowed one of the shots to graze me. The damage was minimal, but that was part of the plan. Hitting the switch that I had prepared ahead of time, the ship appeared to break down and drift aimlessly through space.

The tractor beam sent me lurching as I got up from my seat. All was well, though. I made it to my mark by the time they got the ship opened, and I appeared to be a small merchant hiding what goods I could from them.

A large paw landed on my shoulder as I stuffed some expensive bottles of n?hip liqueur under some clothing in a drawer. A surprised growl came from the youngster when he recognized what I had. He dug his claws just into the top layer of my clothing, which made me grateful that I had chosen to wear a leather outfit for this mission.

The Ligra turned me around, and peered at me through narrowed eyes. ?Hard to find here,? he managed to convey in a very clumsy Basic as he gestured toward the bottles. ?Why you have??

He released me and put his paws at his side when we heard steps coming down the corridor. A larger and older cat popped his head through the door, looked the young one up and down, noticed a guilty air about him, and waved him out.

I had prepared by studying some of the Togorian language, which our information i

24. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Ohohohoh!

Oh dear!

If they turned over Sabé's ships captain...then they might know where Sabé is...or have taken her somewhere.....and that might mean that the Separatists are already involved....and....<faints>

More, soon, please!!!!

25. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I hope Obi-Wan knows what he's doing. Good post, Jazzy :D

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.