main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Captured Moments: Sublime, Sweet. UDC#7. June 11: Week 20!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 28, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Captured Moments: Sublime, Sweet. UDC6 Drabbles.

Author: Jade eyes

Disclaimer: Borrowing.

Genre: Mush, humor, drama. Notice what is first in the list LOL

Characters: Various, mostly L/M and their family.

Prompts for this week were: baby; child; teenager; adult; elderly.

~~~~~~~~

1. Luke was a bundle, a blessing to Beru and Owen who had despaire of having their own after her last miscarriage. When the message had come from Kenobi, they had talked long into the night. Owen was hesitant. Beru was jubilant. This was their chance. It would be hard to keep him safe, but they would do their best.

Beru loved Luke right away; Owen did too, but his care was quieter, not so often spoken.

2. Owen blamed the Jedi for what had happened to Anakin and also to Shmi; so, he had little trust and even less love for Kenobi, who was an occasional but distant guardian. Stay away, he said with and without words. Don’t bring your Force and all its inherent tragdies to my door! Luke like the other younglings was fascinated by “Ben.” He didn’t understand his uncle’s antagonism.

Beru was willing to give Kenobi a chance, so she would sometimes meet him secretly in town with Luke along.

3. As a teen, Luke loved adventure and had many dreams of faraway adventures and places. He wanted nothing more than to be off this rock. His uncle’s goals and dreams were not his own. They would never be. He always felt on the outskirts with those his age, except for Biggs. So when Biggs left, it left a void.

4. As an adult, Luke often remembered his childhood dreams. How did the reality measure up? Part of it was grander, and a lot of it more tragic than he could have imagined. Still, through it all, he never lost his love and flair for making a difference, never lost his faith in the innate goodness of others.

5. When he was old and satisfied with days, Luke was surrounded by family of several generations, and his wife, soul-mate, and anchor, Mara. They had stood beside each other through so much and been each other’s joy through so many times, and solace through even more.

When the time came for the long goodbye, he held her hand and whispered: “I love you, Mara. You have enriched me and made me a better person for having loved you.”

Tears shimmered in her jade eyes. “Sentimental fool to the last.” She breathed. “I love you too.”

He grinned and half-teased: “I know.”

+++++

:D

earlybird-obi-wan and KELIA like this.
  2. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    oooow! It's so them![face_love]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    :D I loved these, especially Elderly. Please add me to the tag list!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was beautiful! [face_love]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Very sweet. I love the first one with Beru and her baby. And Luke deserved that happy, long life with his wife by his side!!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Beru loved Luke right away; Owen did too, but his care was quieter, not so often spoken. Yes, that is Beru and Owen in a nutshell.

through it all, he never lost his love and flair for making a difference, never lost his faith in the innate goodness of others. And this is why I love Luke. @};-

When he was old and satisfied with days, Luke was surrounded by family of several generations, and his wife, soul-mate, and anchor, Mara. They had stood beside each other through so much and been each other’s joy through so many times, and solace through even more. And this is how it should be! [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was so beautiful [face_love][face_love][face_love]

Looking forward to more

=D==D==D==D=

Jade_eyes likes this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet and lovely and Luke and Mara together in their old days, that has to be there

Jade_eyes likes this.
  9. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    *wipes eyes* Now you've gone and done it. You've made me cry....in a good way. I loved the last part.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  10. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    WOW...beautiful. These were fantastic Jade_eyes!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  11. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I agree that Owen's love was as swift as Beru's was, even if he was more on the arguing side of love... :)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Week #2

Prompts:

Healthy; injured; sick; stressed; frustrated

Luke had always been healthy growing up; he couldn't afford the inconvenience or luxury of time off being sick. And the food and constant physical activity kept him well-balanced, besides giving him an excellent physique.

During his time in the Rogues, when meals were on-the-go more than anything else, and stress took its toll, he still tried to stick to a regular schedule and pick the healthiest choices.

Leia was there also to "mother" him for which they got their fair amount of teasing.

Luke was injured more times than he cared to count. He became the unwelcome, but all too frequent "guest" of the med-ward staff. He was a cooperative patient, however, if for no other reason than so he could get discharged quicker.

His friends and comrades came by to keep him entertained when he was up and out of the bacta.

Han joked that the "scars" would give him "appeal" with the ladies, as if he needed more than he had. ;)

When he was injured, Mara willed herself not to worry, too much.

Luke and Mara were both sick with some unknown thing - it lowered their inhibitions and made them realize and finally! express their feelings for each other.

No one of their acquaintance was surprised, Luke and Mara were after all, the last to know and figure out what was right before them in plain sight.

But they did wonder, once the haze of "infection" cleared, would there still be a spark, would they still feel the same desire and affection?

This whole quandry stressed Luke out.

He didn't know whether to press the point or let Mara make the move or suggestion.

His friends gave him both sides/flavors of advice.

He couldn't concentrate on a karking thing, he was so distracted.

He grinned secretly when he found out Mara wasn't doing much better.

Mara was totally frustrated.

She was a take-charge lady and didn't like to wonder or hem and haw.

She knew who and what she wanted so she went after it.

When Luke's door chime rang, he opened it to find Mara there in shorts and a tank-style blouse.

Her hair was down about her shoulders in red-golden curls, as she smiled, seized him and planted a mind-boggling kiss on him.

Now Luke had the answer to his hopeful questions about where he stood.

+++++++

Briannakin

and mayo_durron_666 --- had to take off from your Tempers and Temperatures. [face_love] [face_dancing] [:D] !!!

13. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Hahaha!:D
    Really enjoyed this!
    Bet that was the best delivery Luke's ever got!;):p
    Cheers J_e![:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Now that's a good kind of sick. ;-)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  15. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Very cute. They've got it soooo bad!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  16. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hehe. I love that you took from tempers and temperatures.

Injury was my favourite.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love how you bring them together in this nice way with all the banter and teasing

18. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Now Mara can catalog his scars for him. [face_mischief]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  19. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Loved the look into various parts of Luke's life but my favorite was Frustrated.

That was classic Mara Jade.

=D==D==D==D=

Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Week #3: Attraction, Love, Commitment, Marriage, & Anniversary.

Leia was never attracted to the sons of senators or diplomats. They were either too full of themselves or living off their daddy's name and position. As she was growing up, she was drawn to the legendary tales of the Jedi; a Knight ... that would make a fascinating suitor. She didn't think she was ever likely to meet one, however. Even if she could, her aunts kept their hawkbat eyes trained on every gentleman so-called that came along. Leia was greateful for their vigilance most of the time.

She felt love for Luke. It wasn't the blazing passion of romantic dreams. It was more the steady, cozy fire of long-known friends or a favored sib. The one you could tease and confide in the most. This instant connection was baffling, to a degree, but after the loss of Alderaan, it was also soothing.

Winter was committed fiercely to the Rebel cause. More so than Leia at times. While Leia (very very secretly) mused about Han Solo, it didn't seem Winter had dreams about anyone. Leia snarked with Han and felt beautiful around him in a way she had never done with all the flattery she'd gotten as a truly beautiful and intelligent lady in Alderaanian and Senatorial circles.

Leia kept putting off a full commitment to Han until ... what? The perfect time? What was that?

Their marriage was very much an adjustment; it was also an adventure of discovery and laughter, of mutual unreserved support. Iella and Winter would tease her about what if she'd taken the Hapansup on their offer. Leia would roll her eyes and laugh. "For one thing, Isolder couldn't rock the terra firma under my feet like Han does." She'd confide lowly, and they'd all break out in laughter.

For their 60th anniversary, all three of their kids and their families threw a gala celebration in gardens made to look like a blend of the most beautiful spots on Naboo, Alderaan, and Ithor.

Han grinned and swept Leia into a dance. "I still got the moves don't you think?"

"You still got the massive ego, that's what you have." She retorted.

Their eyes held in amusement.

"I thank the Maker every day for you." Han said in all seriousness.

Her heart melted. She knew that when he said such things, he meant every word.

"I know it may seem snarky when I say 'I know' to such things; but it's only that you show me so definitely how much you care, you always have, even in the days we were oblivious." Leia smirked.

"Were we? When was that?" he teased, laughing, kissing her warmly.

+++++++

Briannakin Hazel -- thanks for the earlier Squees again. [face_love] [face_love]

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Leia loves her adorable scoundrel :D [face_love]

That was a wonderful set, Jade! Can't pick a favorite.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Oh how I wish it was so, Jade_eyes.

[snarky sarcasm] Leia and Han with THREE living children?! Really? You mean one didn't die in a stupid suicide mission as a teen, the other didn't become Darth Dumbkriff and have to be run through with a lightsaber by his twin sister? This is STAR WARS! That means people die brutally for no good reason! [/snarky sarcasm]

I actually have reviewers at FFN that complain that I make things much too easy for the characters.o_O I'm sorry; like happy endings!

Nice job on this story.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jedi_Lover -- [face_laugh] [:D] [:D] My take is I love these characters like they're my friends, i.e., they have their good and bad sides, they're wonderful in the highs and lows; and you root for them, like your friends. Who wants their friends to have tragic, miserable senseless outcomes? :p :rolleyes: Yes, I too love happy endings, proudly, eternally. Like Luke, I'm an eternal optimist. [face_dancing]

24. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    I guess, it's golden rule- a princess and a scoundrel)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  25. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Very sweet! And I like the line about Luke being a comfort to her after the loss of Alderaan. [face_love]

Jade_eyes likes this.