main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Captured Moments: Sublime, Sweet. UDC#7. June 11: Week 20!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 28, 2013.

1. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Love this all...trapped of course is my fave

Jade_eyes likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Briannakin ~~~~~~

Prompts were revenge, prank, mistakes, corrections, sabotage.

~~~~~~

It was strange, on reflection, but Mara's sense of wanting revenge against Luke was strong enough, but it seemed somehow imposed from without, seeming to be fueled and energized by the Last Command. Later, she had a small inkling that if left alone, or without that imposition, her feelings for Luke would have been quite different in nature.

Trekking across the forest of Myrkr, she hastened to forestall any mistakes and did not allow her guard down for a moment. She smirked when she recalled this incident, thinking that even then they made a good team.

Luke and Mara had different ways of disciplining and making corrections with their children. He was more of a talker, reasoning with and giving assurances. Mara reproved with glances and withheld privileges. The kids learned they couldn't play one off against the other. As in many other things, Luke and Mara were unified in the rules.

Which wasn't to say they didn't allow or even laugh at a childish harmless prank. But outright sabotage or willful mischief, they didn't tolerate.

Yet their household was one of laughter and affection and lessons learned in a safe, nurturing environment. It was part of the legacy they passed onto the following generation.

+++++++

Alexis_Wingstar likes this.
  3. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    So warm and cute. I am happy to see their family flourish.[face_love] And again those stupid writers made LM the worst parents ever. :mad:

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice. I cringe when I saw what Mara and Luke allowed their son to do in the Profics. I wish it was more like your fic.

My son once told me I was the second worst mother in the world. I asked him who was first and he said, "That lady who drowned her kids in the car."
    I said, "Susan Smith! I rank right below Susan Smith!" My son was seven years old when he told me this. Well, at least I wasn't the #1 worst mother.
    They complain about everything. They complained that their airplane flight lessons started too early. o_O Brats.:rolleyes:

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    If only they acted this way in the profics. Great job :D

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Luke and Mara had different ways of disciplining and making corrections with their children. He was more of a talker, reasoning with and giving assurances. Mara reproved with glances and withheld privileges. The kids learned they couldn't play one off against the other. As in many other things, Luke and Mara were unified in the rules.

This is the way I would picture Luke and Mara to be. Great job. =D= Maybe Disney will take a lesson from you when going into the EU. :D

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks darling readers, especially Alexis. [face_love] !! :blush: Although much of this jibes also and spun off of EJF's marvy way of parenting styles in Fleeting Moments [face_laugh] =D=

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see Luke and Mara as the loving parents they should be. Profic and even the Clone wars series destroyed a lot.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    You really write wonderful families [:D]
    I mirror Alexis' wish that Disney follow your lead.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  10. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I did love your poor portrayal of Luke and Mara as parents. Yeah the EU made them out to be terrible parents when I know they would be far from it, given the currect care and handling

. As for my version of L/M parentings what you said Jade_eyes it's all different how we perseeve them.

In my version, Luke always seems to play the good cop to Mara's bad cop. But she teaches lessons toughly when he thinks he's being wrong..But I think that goes for both our version of Mara, they're both similar in that they bring the hammer down when they think a child has done wrong.

Luke...because I'm drawing from the profics...Ben was a difficult child so it was hard to deal with him.

11. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    I really like this last line.. [face_love] L/M can save galaxy AND be great parents!
    Only wish L/M had had more children..[face_sigh]

Enjoying these little snippets of loveliness!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Prompts are for week nine:

enemy attack negotiate truce friend

*****~~~~~~~~
    Han and Mara were never ones to negotiate a truce. They were more forthright and not very patient. Leia and Luke were usually the calm, diplomatic, tactful ones in a crisis. Even in the face of an enemy attack, these contrasts worked to the eventual good and beneficial and desired outcome, but that wasn't to say Mara and Han didn't get irritated and frustrated by their spouses' approach.

"Is it naivete or a calculated bluff?" They would wonder ... treating an adversary almost, practically like a friend? :rolleyes: :p

Leia and Luke would often point out that the tactless and/or armed response would just make the situation worse. The fact that this proved correct caused Han and Mara to glower and grumble: "Don't say you told me so. I don't wanna hear it!" [face_laugh]

"Would we do that?" Would be the likely response if they voiced this aloud.

"Oh, be quiet!"

+++++

;) Briannakin

13. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    snickers... Yeah that pretty much some those two couples up. bravo.!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. It's sad that Han and Mara never really went on missions together. Those two could get into so much trouble together.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  15. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_tee_hee] This reminds me of the scene in ANH when Han & Chewie go charging off to chase stormtroopers through the Deathstar, and Leia stares after him with an admiring expression and says, "He certainly has courage." Then Luke says, "What good will it do us if he gets himself killed?"

Those two are too much alike and would probably wind up at each other's throats. LOL

Jade_eyes likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Mara and Han are the reckless parts of the tow couples. I love these. In a few words you have the essence of the four

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    You definitely captured the two couples well. Imagine how boring Leia's and Luke's lifes would be without Han and Mara.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  18. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    That drabble also gave me a wonderful scene in my head, now that you've sparked it. May i?

Jade_eyes likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  20. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    LOL! Han and Mara are definitely more alike than they would like to admit! ;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  21. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I'll probably do it once I'm done with this chapter for Time Spent in Paradise.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Week 10 Prompts are sun, moon, stars, sky, lightning.

Lightning forked across the lowering sky. Thunder rumbled, and the wind kicked up. It was a blustery feeling wind, knifing through you unless you were dressed for it. The sky had been looking gloomy all day. Even the usually tranquil waves were ominous, the surf rumbling and ferocious. Stars, moon, and sun would be hidden from any observers unfortunate enough to be caught in the weather.

Luke regretted this: he loved Mara by every kind of light: sun, moon, and stars. These luminaries shone off her red-gold tresses and danced in her emerald eyes. But, today, he couldn't find it in himself to mind too much.

They ordered food in and snuggled and cuddled and took a shower together, after very fun marital activities. [face_mischief] [face_dancing]

Mara was fun indoors, too. [face_laugh]

The way Mara called him "Master" Luke concluded, she must find him quite the guy with game. [face_laugh] [face_love]

+++++

ginchy -- Hi, If you're back then I'm glad March is over too. [:D] Briannakin

mayo_durron_666 likes this.
  23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Such a sweet moment.

I'm glad March is over too

Jade_eyes likes this.
  24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very sweet and romantic! [face_love]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  25. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Loved the last post..:D
    Jedi Masters in love gotta chill at home often despite how wonderful the stars..
    Ohhh bet he loves the way she uses that word..o_O:p

Jade_eyes likes this.