main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Captured, now what ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth-Bone, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    You could also carbon-freeze the captured Sith. Put them away on a shelf. Or lock them in that giant storage room where they put the ark in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Sidious and Tyranus would've been put into holding cells guarded by Jedi and Clonetroopers. Or they would've been trussed up like Obi-wan was in AOTC. It's not like the Jedi and Sith aren't capable of being contained. Where do people get this idea that they can't be contained, when we know it's possible?

Grievous would've been just put in a cell guarded by Clonetroopers. Maybe a Jedi Knight.

3. DJ_RMC

DJ_RMC Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2005
    I think they would of just killed sidious and dooku off if they would have captured them.

4. Darth-Bone

Darth-Bone Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 2002
    Sinister - well, I think the thing of it is, we have seen Obi and Ani contained, by devices created from intel from a former Jedi.

We, as an audience, have the luxury of saying "there's no way they can hold him with his power"

When fighting a Sith Lord, what are the chances you'll atually get close enough to knowck him unconcious, to be able to shackle him ??

It's essentially kill or be killed. It's not the Jedi's choice, but it's the situation they are put into because of the sith way.

Anakin is an exception, but he's weird.

Unless you have 50 clone troopers, with their blasters set on stun, but then the Jedi seemed obsessed with handling it internally.

So, having said that, they essentially went into every showdown, with the intent of I'm gonna kill him or die trying.

So, the Jedi would have to assume the worst - that this Darth Sidious is real, and has been able to hide from us, in the open, for the last 13 years - maybe this guy is powerful.

I dunno, I just don't know how you guard someone like Palpatine.

In my op, a couple of Jedi (the guard variety) and some clone troopers wouldn't come close to cutting it.

5. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    When fighting a Sith Lord, what are the chances you'll atually get close enough to knowck him unconcious, to be able to shackle him ??

Anakin in the Dooku fight, of course once you cut off the hands, its hard to shackle them. Mace probably should have cut off Palps' hands, that would have stopped the Sith lightning.

6. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    A Sith Lord could easily use the force to persuade clones to let him out. So I don't think a regular jail cell works. It would work for a very short time like with Obi-Wan on Geonosis, where he was in a big room with no one around. But eventually you'll have to feed and wash your Sith Lord, and that's when the problems arise. I suppose you could bring in 50 clones for every feeding, he can't persuade them all. But if he can just make one of them let him out of his shackles, he's going to annihilate all of them and escape. Or he could persuade them to turn on each other and kill each other.

It would be too risky to just put him in a cell. Carbon freeze, baby!

Come to think of it...it would make a fun alternate universe story to have Anakin and Mace arrest Palpatine, and see where that leads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.