main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Capturing Digital Video

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by InsolentFury, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InsolentFury

InsolentFury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2002
    I know i posted about this before but i simply cannot find the thread. I need to know some good programs for capturing from a Sony Digita-8 to my comp through firewire.
    Thanks for any help

2. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Didn't your camera COME with a program?

Otherwise, there are a number of good choices - Pinnacle, Adobe Premiere, and even some less expensive programs (which I cannot remember the names of, but I know they are availabel at most CompUSA, MicroCenter and FRY's computer superstores).

3. InsolentFury

Jun 18, 2002
    it did come with a program but it gives the worst quality ever. Pixels everywhere terrible lighting, etc...

4. InsolentFury

Jun 18, 2002
    are there programs specificly made to capture and notign else i can get for a fairly cheap price?

5. Art_Vandalet

Art_Vandalet Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2002
    you can always use the Windows Movie Maker in Windows (if you have ME or XP Home)

6. BrentK7

BrentK7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    yea if you have XP you can use Windows Movie Maker (c:\program files\moviemaker\)

7. InsolentFury

Jun 18, 2002
    ya ive tried movie maker but it still doesnt work the best for me. My firewire not workin so i tried USB and im sure thats where the loss of quality comes from

8. Sciz

Sciz Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2002
    USB is much slower then firewire, and honestly a terrible medium for digital video (this is most likely where the quality loss is coming from).

Get your firewire working again. :)

9. BrentK7

BrentK7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    go to device manager and make sure your firewire card is running correctly.

Also if you have XP and the firewire is working correctly and the have the camera pluged in windows should auto detect the camera as soon as you turn in on and it will come up with a little box asking if you want to capture video.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.