main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

capturing voices?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Digidude, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digidude

Digidude Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    When I'm making my video I have come into a problem. The camera that I'm using doesn't capture voices very well. what should I do?

2. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    buy an external microphone

3. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Or you could do it the worst way possible, and record the voices afterword and try your best to lipsink them. (eek) Then again, there are shots in some movies where that's necessary, but you can't see the actor's lips so it's not that big of a problem. They did this for "The Grinch" when he was tossing letters into the wrong slots.

4. Digidude

May 20, 2002
    I'm trying to save up money for a real digital video camera I use a digital camera that has a video feature in it.

5. Digidude

May 20, 2002
  6. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    They gave u your options. I dont think there's need to bump. Buy an external mic (from bhphotovideo.com would proly be the cheapest) or dub it through your computer mic.

~Neszis~

7. Kingleonard

Kingleonard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2002
    Robert Rodriguez mentions in "Rebel without a Crew" that his audio was captured after the film and hand synced. Being all by himself he had no sound operator so it was kind of the only option. Apparently the tape recorder he caught the audio on played back at a slightly different speed to the film so he had to keep cutting away and resyncing the pictures while editing. This gives the movie an action feel (constantly moving and cutting) even in the slow, dialog scenes. Which just goes to show that sometimes you have to make adjustments throughout the production to your original vision, and sometimes they work out for the better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.