main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Car rental question

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Rox , Feb 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm thinking about renting a mini van for the trip to C2, doues anyone know if there is a convention code for the celebration? Some rental places give you discounts for convention trips, that's why I ask.

2. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    If you don't have your reservation already, you're probably not going to get one. (I work in the industry and have an inside track ;))
    If you do manage to get a rental, I wouldn't count on any discounts because of C2. Just be thankful you got one :D

EDIT - Forgot to add this -> Mini-vans are the first to go. Try getting a larger car (Grand Prix, Town Car, etc) if you need the space.

3. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    My has reserved a Mini-Van :)

4. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm not renting the van in Indie, I'm going to get it here in Pittsburgh. Hertz and Enterprise said that it would be no problem to get me a van.

5. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    BE CAREFUL!!
    Taking a rental veh across state lines is risky. If something happens to it (example: some schmoe opens their car door and smacks against the rental), you can be liable for the damages.
    Make sure you get their insurance (don't rely on yours to cover you - cause they won't! Trust me.) and let them know that it's going across state lines before you sign anything. Last thing - check to see how many miles you get per day.

6. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Trust me I'll be getting the insurance, especially for a big trip like this. And for mileage I'm getting 1050, should be plenty the total miles for the trip is around 720 which gives me plenty to spare. I'll be walking everywhere I go in Indie, our hotel is a couple blocks from the convention center.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.