main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Car Wash Sept 13th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by lgtsbr, Aug 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Ok, are we going to be starting the car washing at ten, or start setting up at ten? If we're starting to was at ten, I suggest starting to set up around 9:30 - 9:45, cause I'm coming home from Syracuse, and depending on how fast I drive, that can be a 2 hour drive, and I'll be leaving at 7am, so I'll hopefully be home by 9. Molly, if you need a ride, I can pick you up, just give me directions from the thruway. :D

As for directions from my church. Coming from the city, you want to get on 490 west, heading out to Buffalo. You'll reach a fork in 490 giving you the opportunity to either go right towards Spencerport, or left towards Buffalo. Go left towards Buffalo. You'll pass the Gates Center exit containing Tinsletown. You then want to get off about a mile up the highway from there, at the Chili Center exit. When you reach the light at the end of the exit ramp, go left. Go up the road until you reach K-Mart, you can either turn right into the K-Mart parking lot and work your way past it to my church which is directly in front of it, just off of Chili Ave. OR you can go past the enterance to K-Mart and make a right at the light at the Chili Ave, and Coldwater Road (the road you'll be on) intersection. Then go past the light with the other enterance to K-Mart, and across Chili Ave is the Wegmas enterance. You're about 20 feet from the church at that point. Go through the light and pull into the next driveway, of the church ;)

2. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    we are starting at 10am - so everyone should be there a bit early for set up

Molly - where are you going to be on Saturday? Are you back at RIT or are you at home?

Let us know cause I can always come get you too

3. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    ummm... Alison and I will try to come at some point but Coach mentioned something about our race on Saturday being in the afternoon so I'm not sure about exact times. :( ;)

4. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    ok

just got back from the store - I picked up:

Buckets
    Sponges
    Car wash + Wax all in one
    Towels
    Toothbrush for John to clean tires with ;)

I need to know who has Hoses they can bring for Saturday

Also - Nik, Ryan, and I suggested that after the car wash we maybe have a BBQ here for everyone - we still have Hot Dogs in the freezer so that isn't a problem - what do you guys think?

Let me know

Dave

5. BWD912zeta

BWD912zeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    not in the mood

6. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    I've got a hose on a crank, so yeah. I can definatly bring that. As for the BBQ, I've got to get out to Lockport right after we're done, because we're having a family get together at my aunt's house there. Sorry.

7. Padawan_adri

Padawan_adri Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 14, 2001
    we have a brand new hose, plus two on cranks, but I dont know if I can get the two

8. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    the more hoses the better :p

thanks guys

9. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    We're only going to have one spicket....

And Saturday it looks like I'm not going out to Lockport, but Sunday, after the meeting. Lovely eh?

10. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    First off - a huge thank you to Chris and his church for allowing us to use the church for the car wash.

Today was a huge success - before any expenses we totaled $190 - a big thanks to everyone who worked today - it was hard but fun work.

Now tomorrow (Sunday) at the meeting we need to discuss some financial things (website, donation to the church, banner) so be ready to give out ideas.

We need to print up a huge thank you note to the church for allowing us to have this event today.

Please - anyone that took Pics either bring them with you if you can or if you have a digital camera forward them over to me so we can upload them to our website.

I know for me the highlight of today was watching our group grow closer and become an even tighter knit group of friends.

Thank you again everyone who helped make today such a huge success.

Dave

11. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002

Ryan and I did pick up a nice thank you note for the church - wasn't sure if anyone had gotten anything around and we hadn't read the boards before we got it.

I'll bring it to the meeting...if you wanna use it that's fine, if not that's fine too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.