main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive CarbonEye - (Star Wars...007 style)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Dubya_Scott, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    OOC: Yes, it's me. Just joining in with the epilogues to tie everything off neatly, and I'll be back proper on Friday, as that's when my AS level exams end (we in Britain being a little behind and a tad crueller than you in the US :p )Apologies for shaky continuity- I'm not as scrupulous as some...

[b]Markus Carfax[/b]

Well, that had been suprisingly easy. The Seinar operative had been actually standing in front of the holo when Markus had clouted him with the spare oxygen tank, having persuaded one of the Republic troop ships to enforcibly dock with the Last Bolt using his usual methods of pulling rank, wheedling, and threats. It had been a lucky thing to be warned by the AI of the knockout gas as he approached, otherwise he, like Sounil, would be lying in an unconcious heap on the floor. The aforementioned operative was now shackled to the disability handle in the 'fresher using the handcuffs he'd found in Sounil's bedroom (it was better not to ask). Which brings us rather nicely to the present moment as our hacker stares down at his erstwhile squeeze, debating wether or not to wake her.

Markus was just about to encourage her into wakefulness with the toe of his boot when the twi'lek stirred and looked up. Cafax grinned and held out a hand, dredging up the most romantic line he could think of.

"Get up, darlin', I can see your knickers."
    [b]
    [TAG Sounil? No-one else really][/b]

[hr]

[b]EDIT:[/b] Yay page 100!

2. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Ruana Trebond-Vendu
    The Lady who has just acquired a singularly long and unwieldy name...all in a good cause!

Ruana smiled, thinking back. Her parents had absolutely no idea what was going on anymore. They knew she was married, but since Ruana had fallen into the monosyllabic response tactic commonly utilised by those unwilling to share information with a parent- ("Is he nice?" "Yes." "Is he human?" "Yes." "Are you sure about doing this?" "Yes.")- they knew nothing more than the snippets of information such a line of questioning obtained.
    Shadowcat had successfully shocked his apprentice. He was apparently perfectly happy to see her choose to marry Joss, as long as she remained a loyal servant to him at other times. That was easy enough. At least he wasn't making a fuss about it, as he so easily could have done.
    Now, this was happiness. Ruana wasn't usually good at 'happy'...but this time, she seemed to be about to make a long, and very valid, exception.
    Tag: Vendu/ epilogue

3. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002

OOC: Ah, hell. There's 100 pages to go through. There's no way I can re-read the entire thing...and I'd miss a ton of stuff just skimming over it. Next time, I'm taking written notes as we go along...

IC: (my characters are in bold)

- - - - - Epilogue - - - - -

Though there were many casualties, the mission was a success. Actually, both missions were successful. CarbonEye and his little `empire` had been destroyed. And the Coruscant Bombers had been brought to justice for their crimes against the Republic.

A large portion of the army that had allied themselves with CarbonEye were in custody, and the agents that had betrayed MI5 were being held for further investigations...and that includes whatever Zachos clones are left. Doctor Noah is the only other powerful villain still at large. The MI5 agents and allies that were killed in action (Marshall Stark, Hawk, etc.) were given a proper send off.

Time had passed and MI5 headquarters had been rebuilt. And M had made a slow but full recovery to return as the Head of MI5. The Minister of Defense had been thanked profusely for taking charge when things got out-of-hand. CarbonEye's Octopus Base had been dismantled and taken from Manaan leaving the Selkath in peace. The remaining artifacts that had not been sold were returned to Jabba on Tatooine, and poor Cotati was given a large sum of credits by MI5 to repair his blueprint company building on Alderaan. And all the weapons CarbonEye had stolen were returned to the Czerka Corporation.

The mysterious C.A.O.S. organization seemed to disappear, and that strange Bothan was never seen again. No one really knows the story behind that... ( ;) )

Shasta Moonreaper helped with the rebuilding process of MI5 headquarters. During that time, Gruu Funkistann had taken a short leave from MI5 to meditate on the recent events. He stayed at the Jedi Temple for a while until he felt he was ready to return to MI5.

The last big issue for our team of galactic heroes: Who is SMERSH?

End...

...MI5 will return...

in

Dr. Noah

OOC: It's been a lot of fun, guys and gals. I hope we can keep this series successful. And I will leave this thread open until I'm about ready to start the next RPG. I'll keep you informed. ;) There are some interesting things in store... Mwa ha haa! :p Anyway, I hope to see you all in the 4th installment!

Oh, and if anyone's following the NHL Stanley Cup Finals... Go 'Canes!

4. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Twenty-one pages of spam left to go, twenty-one pages of spam! I just took one, let's continue the fun, 20 pages of spam left to go!

May have some posts if anyone else is lingering around anywhere, unless we've closed shop for now.

5. Maximus_Falconus

Maximus_Falconus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2006
    OOC: Ohhhh, Dr. Noah? Will the MI5 Agents have to find the source of a calamitous flood? I'm in!

6. Uber-Ed

Uber-Ed Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    OOC: might as well get Cale's epilogue up.

Cale Krest
    Epilogue
    Alderaan

Everything was lonely, empty, without meaning. The low hum of the YT-1760's engines crept its way back into Cale's mind as he stared blankly into the stars. Pam was in jail, Onolar was dead, and Cale had just told the Neot family how and why there oldest son had died. All of the Neot family except Onolar's brother, Salmakk Neot, a doctor at Galactic Polysapient, or as most people called it, Big Zoo, which was on Alderaan. Cale took in a deep breath as he remembered the last time had been to Alderaan. He was there meeting a contact from when he was with Spynet. That's where he almost got pinned as a double agent by that very contact, who he later found out was the double agent. The only thing was that the contact was a friend that graduated the academy with him. He was best in class. In a flash of anger, Cale smashed his fist into the side of the cockpit, making a slight ringing noise. Looking at his hand, Cale saw the ring. This ring was no ordinary ring. This ring was given to him by last girlfriend. But his work caught up with her too, and right before he asked her to marry him, literally a couple of seconds, a hitman took her out. Cale never found out why, but he suspected it was someone high up in Spynet who wanted Cale to be less preoccupied with other things.

So many people had been lost to him because of his occupation, and now Onolar was dead, and Pam was in jail. Cale had already given up his old life, his old self that had a family. His family thought he was dead. Cale had nothing left in the galaxy. Now, he was on his way to his best friends brother to tell him that his brother had died in action.

The galaxy is a sick place. I just wanted to help, but look what that's done for me.

Cale was in his regular clothes, khaki cargo pants with his belt and blaster holster. His white t-shirt and his black leather jacket. That's what he wore to all of his missions unless the mission called for something else, like an actual disguise. Cale ran his fingers through his hair. His hair was still the same old thick brown with the same old average length. I should seriously consider a change is style.

---
    Apartment Complex near Big Zoo

On his way up the stairs to Salmakk's apartment, Cale looked back on the mission and his purpose. Well, he did a couple of things. He took out the guards in front of Jabba's palace. I did save M's life from Pam, but that was partially my fault anyway. As far as he was concerned, Cale thought of himself as useless. Yes, Cale was alive thanks to his and Onolar's efforts, but at what cost. I guess it would be pretty bad if M was taken or killed, but still...

Cale the door of Salmakk Neot. A 25 year old doctor at Big Zoo, and brother to Onolar. Cale rang the bell, and the door opened. Cale saw the young Mon Calamari and nearly fell on the floor in a pitiful ball of nothing and nearly started bawling at his feet. But he didn't. Cale kept his composure and stepped inside.

"Hello, my name is Cale Krest. I worked with your brother, Onolar. Do you know what he did?"

Salmakk looked at him curiously, "He told the family he was in accounting, but I always suspected it was something else. And now I think that my suspicions are correcat."

"He was with a top secret organization. I'm here to tell you he gave up his life for the good and well being of our boss, who otherwise would have been captured. I'm sorry. T hese words probably mean nothing to you, but he died a true hero."

Theywere queit for what seemed an eternity. "I can see you look like you've been through hell. You look like you aren't going back."

"Not planning on it."

"Onolar would want you too. Does this organization need any doctors, or feild surgeons?"

Am I gonna let another kid get dragged into something bigger then he can handle. Onolar would want this...

"Pack your stuff kid. We're leaving tomorrow."

Until next

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Agent Sounil Mistry, bedroom walk-in closet, the Last Bolt

It was a groggy Twi'lek that open her eyes, staring at her hung clothes from the wrong angle...the deck.
    Her head hurt, her mouth felt like a Bantha's dirt-tray, and she didn't even remember getting drunk.

"Get up, darlin', I can see your knickers."

She looked blearily up at the figure that swam slowly into focus, recognising the cigarra smoke before she recognised the man.

"Car...Carfax?" As her senses returned, her peripheral vision was drawn to a less blurry dark-pink shape to the right of her face. She concentrated.
    A light breeze blew over her nether regions.

"Muh-my knickers? Not these ones over here?"

She had the desperate feeling she wouldn't be keen on the answer.

Tag: Markus Carfax

8. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Markus Carfax Possibly in heaven

"Oh, those knickers?" Markus affected an air of nonchalance and pointed. "I was referring to the ones on your dresser, but yeah, sure, those ones'll do."

He decided he'd pushed it as far as he dared and headed out of the walk in wardrobe (Livi note: I'm not going to write about him 'coming out of the closet'. Not even for a special. No. Stoppit.), leaning on the wall outside.

"For your information, I just saved you from a Seinar operative that was trying to steal the Last Bolt, okay? Me. I saved you. The being standing here. Saved your life. Which I wouldn't do for any other operative."

Carfax left a pause so that that subtle little speech could sink in and strained his ears for some response. A gasp, maybe. Some womanly swooning. There was silence. Slightly more grumpily, he carried on.

"Get up and get dressed; I instructed the AI to take us to Coruscant for debreifing." There was a pause, a burst of horrible leering laughter, then coughing. "On second thoughts, stay as you are."

[TAG Sounil]

9. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    ***Closing Shop Prt. III***

IC: Lash

Lash stood in front of her cell, a resolute look on her face. Someone was going to come by.

Yes.

Someone was.

The girl waited.

And waited.

And then got annoyed.

Bah! It was so annoying in MI-5's clean little penitentury. No visitors. No one to talk to. No one to even look at.

And these silly black and white prisoner's clothes were so ugly!

A guard-droid floated past, but Lash had already tried talking to one of those floating rocks. Verbobrains as bright as slush they were.

The girl turned back to look at her dull little cell. She had gotten over the immediate effects of the torture Vendu and the Lady Claw had put her through, though she doubted she would ever forget it. It was easy enough when you made it a priority to forget about such things. Bury them, force them to the back of your mind. If you don't think about it, it can't get you. Time was wonderful like that. It allowed for people to forget.

Maybe Markus would visit her?

Dream on Lash. Probably busy with his own life. A guy like that has no business dealing with criminals like yourself.

The girl gave a little sigh and looked at her silly little bed.

She wanted something to do!

TAG: Fin!

And thats all for me folks.... truely a pleasure working with you all... [face_happy]

And heres to an even more prosperous [b]Dr. Noah[/b]....

-Imperial_Hammer

10. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Car'On Twins (with special appearence by Noir)
    Chosen One, Orbiting Manann

Throughly shafted by the rest of the team, and left to rot in space as everyone else got to see real action, the twins were left to wait for the others to return so they could leave.

That's where it got odd.

The first ship to leave with the Last Bolt, going in the complete wrong direction and answering none of their hails, other than the AI once saying that all occupants were currently unable to come the com due to unforseen circumstances that he could have predicted if asked but not to worry because Carfax was taking care of it, and then, inexplicably, it laughed and killed the comm.

Now, if they thought that was odd, they were really stunned by the next ship to leave. A jet-black Delta-7, which they were sure they'd never seen before, that seemed to be pursuing the Last Bolt. Knowing how well Markus could take care of things, they caught the fast ship in the tractors, and immediatly began pulling it towards them.

That's when the scarred face of an alien being appeared on teh holoprojector, and told them it would be best is they let the ship go. Feeling it would be best to let the ship go now, they did, and watched it blast off into the sun-burst.

Finally, as the other ships left the planet, Limm ordered them back to Corsucant, where they were happy to be rid of her.

After that, they spent the rest of their post-mission...or Pre-Mission depending on how you look at it...time optimizing weapons, and sleeping with out fear of Bubba the Houk deciding to have fun with them like they endured in prison. Bad memories.

Meanwhile...

Hidding on the Dark Side of one of the many moons in vicinity of Coursucant, Noir waited in anticipation of MI5's next mission. He'd follow them...help them...become one of them...all according to his NEWEST plan.

Rion Ordis mk.II
    Q'u Expirementation Lab -- MI5 HQ -- Undisclosed SubLevel

"Mr. Ordis--"

Everything was dark, sounds echoed in his head.

"Mr. Ordis...Can you hear me?"

He tried to talk, but couldn't find the strength. Instead, he tapped a finger on the metal slab he laid upon.

"Mr. Ordis...can you see me?"

No. He couldn't.

"Nurse, remote activate photoreceptors."

The image appeared in a manner akin to a computer turning on. Starting with a long line, then opening to a full screen image. He looked around, seeing Q'u and various others he coulding recognise.

"Activate Vocorder."

Rion tried to speak again, but was still unable.

"Activate Posotronic Brain."

Something inside his head whriired to life, feeling like he had a hangover and swallowed a primitive propellor-type air vechicle.

Suddenly, a rush of memories and knowledge he was sure he'd never known before.

"Mr. Ordis...welcome back...."

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Hadn't Rion just asked for the LEGS package?

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Sounil Mistry, da floor

"For your information, I just saved you from a Seinar operative that was trying to steal the Last Bolt, okay? Me. I saved you. The being standing here. Saved your life. Which I wouldn't do for any other operative."

Sounil listened, in the sense of not actively interrupting, whilst her visitor laid out such a tale of adventure and derring-do, that she almost understood what the frell he was on about.

Carfax left a pause so that that subtle little speech could sink in and strained his ears for some response. A gasp, maybe. Some womanly swooning. There was silence. Slightly more grumpily, he carried on.

"Get up and get dressed; I instructed the AI to take us to Coruscant for debriefing." There was a pause, a burst of horrible leering laughter, then coughing. "On second thoughts, stay as you are."

Still suffering the effects of the stun gas used by the Synth-droid, Sounil understood and agreed wholeheartedly with those last seven words; that was right up her alley!

?Fair enough,? she approved amiably, ?and could you see your way clear to covering me up with a blanket from the bed? Maybe even a pillow? I?ll dress and join you later, but right now?.?

Her voice tailed off as talking drew too much strength.

Tag: Markus Carfax

13. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    I'm currently working on more "007 style" drawings: my characters and the CarbonEye poster. I hope to have those finished soon.

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ooh ooh! Can we have DVC's laser bolt smacking Sounil in the head?! As a warning to others not to god-mode?

:D

15. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    OOC: Now now Sithy let's be generous here. Without that errant laser bolt Markus would never have gotten the eyeful he just had. :p

[b]Markus Carfax[/b]

Trying to keep his eyes on the ceiling as much as possible, Markus tugged the blanket from Sounil's bunk over the twi'lek and walked out of the door again, leaving her to sleep off the effects of the knockout gas. So much had changed- just a few short days ago Sounil would have broken his neck for even attempting to see her in a state of undress, but now she seemed not to care in the slightest. He'd acquired something he'd dreamed of for months- but at what cost? Had his love for the twi'lek merely been lust?

The hacker shambled down the gangway to the small ex-boxroom that housed the few personal effects he'd seen fit to keep on the [i]Last Bolt[/i]. All this would have to go, of course. Even high on knouckout gas Sounil would notice the fact that she had an unpaying tenant living aboard her ship. Still, it had been nice while it lasted.

Carfax sat down on his bunk and listened to the quiet hum of the ship as it entered hyperspace, mentally compiling a list of things to remember. [i]Explain to Sounil. Get keys for flat. Buy cigs. Visit Lash. See M with a view to getting paid next time...[/i]

And the camera fades to black.

[b][END][/b]

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Well they might have... The pair got as far as the bottle of wine and the furry handcuffs before Marshall Stark interfered.

17. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Shalin Kitovaz

It had been over a week since the operation, a long week filled with plenty of reports, interviews, debriefings and other paperwork. A lawman was given great power, but with it came numerous checks to prevent them from abusing it. Without these checks and balances, there would be nothing to stand in the way of a police state, where the government reigns using fear and force to cow its citizens. These checks came in the form of paperwork primarily, enough that a man would think twice before trying anything.

It was night-time on his part of Coruscant, or at least as close as it got to the night on Coruscant when Shalin finally stepped out of the building. It was late and he was hungry. He meandered around Coruscant's many walkways, looking for something to eat. His comlink beeped with an incoming transmission. He picked it up.

"Hello... Auntie! What a surprise... I didn't expect to hear from you. No, no, you're not interrupting anything. I just finished with my work... Just going to get some dinner, actually... Where are you? ... Not too far, huh? Sure... you're welcome to come, we can go to that diner you like... what? My treat? Aunti-"

But she had already cut the connection. Shalin sighed, stuffed the comlink into his pocket, and headed off into the night.

Twenty minutes later, he was seated in a comfortable booth at a well-kept diner in the middle levels of Coruscant. Delfas's wasn't the most high-class eatery on the planet, but it wasn't exactly a dump either, and its location in the more reputable areas of Coruscant made it so that the patrons wouldn't have to worry about being jumped in the middle of the night.

"What's wrong boy? You aren't eating much?"

Shalin looked up from his bowl of soup and platter of fried vegetables.

"The way you eat Auntie, I'm supposed to make sure I have enough money to get home..."

"Nonsense boy, you can walk. The excercise won't kill you" said the old woman. At just under a meter in half in height, her small size contrasted greatly with the large plates set out before her. Thirty-odd years later and he still didn't know where she put everything.

She brushed a few loose whisps of hair away from her face as she cleaned off yet another skewer.

"Boy, I practically raised you, I can tell something's bothering you."

"It's just work Auntie..."

"It always is boy... why don't you just cut back a bit, maybe settle down and rais-"

"We've already discussed this Auntie... Can't we have a nice dinner out without dragging kids into the mix?"

"It's not 'kids', it's just one. You're not getting any younger-"

"I've told you before, when I'm ready!" he raised his voice slightly. "Just not now, I'm too busy with work."

"It makes you miserable."

"I like my job. It's just... challenging."

"Well, don't tell me you don't have any friends among your coworkers to help you out... isn't there anyone who's caught your interest?"

"There's a few... one of them is pretty much a dead ringer for old Morishin."

"Regular card, isn't he?"

"As I said, there's a few, and they form a solid hand."

"Are we going somewhere with this analogy?"

"Auntie, I'm not really sure."

The two ate their meals in silence for the next few minutes. As Shalin finished, he looked up at the grey-haired woman.

"So Auntie, how's business?"

"Mmm?" she said.

"I asked how business was going."

She held up one hand indicating that he should wait as she swallowed.

"Doing fair... though I suspect with the Republic the way it is, things are going to get interesting. Everything's going down the tubes these days, you wouldn't believe it."

"So... how's everyone else doing?"

"Oh, we're fine... we're fine... which you'd know, if you ever bothered to get in touch with anyone."

"But Auntie... I've been busy."

"To busy to even check in, let us know how you're doing?"

"Yes."

She muttered something into her glass. Shalin didn't bother to ask for a repetition. With the conversation effectively dead, t

18. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    Ooh ooh! Can we have DVC's laser bolt smacking Sounil in the head?! As a warning to others not to god-mode?

We could, but we'd have to do one of Noir putting a 'saber through Dubya's sith's head from the first RPG.

:p

19. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Dubya's Sith = Wootsa (from the Ryloth game)

;)

20. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    I couldn't think of his name...:p

21. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Shadowcat
    Shadowcat strolled through Coruscant's underlevels, supremely confident in his ability to ward off any threat. Now and then, strangely anonymous figures would show up to speak with him.
    One, a mere child of about seven, with startling white eyes, handed him a datachip, and was rewarded generously with credits enough to feed himself and his two siblings for a week. The information was well worth the price paid, and Shadowcat was one to grant high prizes to successful followers. Failures, on the other hand...
    His head lifted, eerie yellow eyes searching the dank alley.
    "So. She sends you after all."
    A stocky man shifted, looking uncomfortable.
    "And the message?"
    The man met Shadowcat's eyes with a barely-concealed shudder. "She sends this message, Lordship. 'The rancor not gazing your way is one you do not disturb. Too great a risk, to provoke that which does not hinder you.' "
    Shadowcat nodded in apparent satisfaction. He'd been told what he needed to know, courtesy of the woman he'd so carefully placed to assess the situation.
    Tag: None

IC: The Grey Man
    Greyhaired, grey-eyed, face pallorous- near-grey itself, and wearing- you guessed it- grey, the man was unremarkable as he entered the prison. His task was not nearly as commonplace as his appearance.
    A small card was delivered to the girlchild Lash, one containing the private commcode of a highly talented- and rather expensive- lawyer, who was apparently working pro bono for Lash, having volunteered his services for so interesting a client. The Grey Man's ID informed viewers that he was an employee of said lawyer, delivering the required document.
    The fact that the lawyer's last recorded employer was House Trebond...and that a tiny, 'triple cats-claw scratchmark in a circle' symbol was etched in the corner of the corner of the card amid the rest of the patterns on the stationery...these things were trivial, and no doubt meaningless.
    Tag: Lash/none

22. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Only two more posts to the big 2500 (and possibly the thread lock-down, but I'm not sure). What's going to be folks? Music? Karaoke? Fan fiction?

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Karaoke!

Backed by gay colours, a white spot bounced happily along the words "-ember you're a Womble. Remember you're a Womble." right up to the point that Agent Mitch Nifesta drop-kicked both feet through the screen, as the potential singer, a stern-looking Jedi with a brush cut, glared back at him in disbelief.

"Do you kn-know who I am?" Dooku sputtered.

"Look, shut up?" Nifesta warned as he crunched back to the edge of the Jedi Temple's dais. "You say Word One, and I will fragging EAT you."

Jumping down, he returned to the table he had been sharing with Master Yoda. The green being stared back at him as he returned.

"Did I mention I frelling HATE Karaoke??"

"No. Speak louder than words though, some actions do." The teacher paused for the punchline. "Especially those actions."

So what is it now. 2499?

24. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Okay. I'll take the 2500th post then...

The estimated release date for Dr. Noah is Friday, June 23, 2006.

And the "CarbonEye" poster will hopefully be up soon.

25. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Okay, got the poster finished.

I made the CarbonEye poster AND I made a crest/logo/"coat of arms" for MI5. I figured I probably should, considering this past game actually refers to the MI5 crest. Anyway, here they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.