main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Card and Deck Help Please

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by katha, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katha

katha Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    First off I need a good way to keep track of what cards I have already and what I don't have/ need more of. Currently I have a notebook with card sleeve pages and no more than two of a specific card in each slot (which is fine when playing a basic game with my brother but we're both up to making decks now). I've seen some buy and sell list out there but no comprehensive lists other than the wizards ones. Anywhere to get some sort of check list or a suggestion on how best to make one of my own (short of typing out every card into a table, excel, or word processor myself)?

Secondly, I need help making a deck. I know all the basic rules about number of copies per card, no dark side in a light deck, and all that so I don't need to know about that stuff. I just don't know how to go about making good combinations with the cards I have. Unfortunately the majority of my cards are AOTC and ANH because those are the only one I've been able to find boosters of for a good while around here. I did manage to get an ESB 2-player pack and I've gotten some SR boosters and some individual BOY, and JG cards from local card shops (all commons and uncommons for 10 cents each). Luckily, Target is now carrying TPM and RandS now, but money is a bit tight with school and such so I've only gotten about 3 boosters of each so far. Any ideas, help suggestions for what I have?
    Oh and for a list, I refer to my first question.

Thanks for any help in advance
    -Katha

2. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    Katha,
    If you click my SW:TCG Trade/Info site in my sig, you can get a list of cards in each set, sorted by number. However, for an actual checklist go here: Dantooine Base. Click "Download Matrix" in the left-hand frame, and it will pass you along to PDF files sorted by name or number (whichever you prefer) by set. I have MS Access hardcopy Reports for keeping physical track of my collection, but I'm not able to make those available on-line.

My current rule for gaming is that I collect up to 4 of every Light and Dark Side card, and then up to 8 of every Neutral card. This allows me to create at least one kind of deck I want for either side. Now then, depending on any given players' specific deck building needs, you may not actually ever need 4 (or 8) total of a unique unit. Some players may argue that you need no more than, say, 2, but it just depends on your play style. You might actually want as many as 4 if your deck depends on that particular unique unit.

For your second request, that would be difficult to come by. There are some ANH-era decks listed on this site's TCG deck list (which I'm hoping to get updated with some more current goodness). However, they obviously won't help with ESB content.

3. ClOnE_oF_vAdEr

ClOnE_oF_vAdEr Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2003
    Well, I just found this part of TFN. I'm pretty hardcore on the 3SA, but never have vistied this area. However, I am a fairly experienced TCG playter and am very active on rebelbasers.com So... Yeah...

Anyway, with the deck ideas, it all comes down to your playing style. Here's a list of a few 'metas' to give you a few ideas though...

Rebels
    Imperials
    Clones
    Droids (Trade Fed)
    Jedi
    Force Denial
    Prevention
    Tuskens
    Any kind of Swarm
    Bounty Hunters
    Pilots
    Discard (Mill)
    Gungans

+ many others

Basically, these are all themes that people commonly build decks on. I personally am (or was) a big fan of LS Tuskens, but I have one friend that says Tuskens are best done DS, and yet another who says that Tuskens are crap and that I am wating my time. So it really all just depends on your style.

I'll try to post a few decks in the weeks to come to help redneck out with content. you should check them out...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.