main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Care packages for Katrina

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Master_Xiania, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    Sorry, I couldn't find the article online, so I'll type it out. This article was in the Alamogordo Daily News (paraphrased):

Tonya Franklin said several locations will be used as drop-offs for shoeboxes. Definite drop-off points are First National Bank in Cloudcroft, Cloudcroft Middle School, and the Betty Dare Good Samaritian Center in Alamogordo. Several drop-off points will be located at Holloman Air Force Base, she said.

Boxes should be labeled-infant, toddler, child, teenager, adult-contain no sharp objects and be unsealed, Franklin said. They can contain almost anything, like candy, gum, non-perishables, a deck of cards, school supplies or toys, she said.

Franklin wants to drive the shoeboxes to the Astrodome on Sept 18, but that date may change depending on the Red Cross recommendations.

*My notes. Franklin will collect these boxes until September 16, 2005. If you donate underwear they must be new as well as socks.*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.